aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

'lol'.

I have deleted people from Facebook for overuse of this. It seems to have become almost universal punctuation for some people. Commas, full stops, anything now replaced with a meaningless 'lol'. I once saw someone on Facebook use 3 separate 'lol's in one fucking sentence. He's gone.

Might have to start doing the same here.

The F1 live24 app sending me a push notification with the result of this morning's Grand Prix, which I've recorded and intended avoiding the result of.

i was going to watch the rerun at 1, then went on the bbc news website without thinking this morning and saw the result. :(

'lol'.

I have deleted people from Facebook for overuse of this. It seems to have become almost universal punctuation for some people. Commas, full stops, anything now replaced with a meaningless 'lol'. I once saw someone on Facebook use 3 separate 'lol's in one fucking sentence. He's gone.

Might have to start doing the same here.

Things like this and, at the moment, any abbreviations just get right on my tits.

It's almost excusable on Twitter as you have 140 character limit but there overuse in status updates drives me mad.

An example I have seen a few times lately is the word 'rents to represent the word parents.

Well done moron, you saved yourself typing 2 whole letters. What will you do with all that time you saved?

And it's fucking loud. I mean, I knew it was going to be loud, but I'm living a couple of suburbs away and it's real fucking loud. I went down to Albert Park yesterday (armed with headphones) to take in the supposed atmosphere and it definitely attracts a very special type of Aussie bloke to it.

At least the Aussie Rules season has started this weekend too so it's been fairly easy to ignore all the F1 shite. Go Bombers! :gringo:

Pet hate: Flower of Scotland being sung by the likes of Amy McDonald. Corny toe-curling awfulness.

Our national anthem should be belted out by a pipe band. No exceptions.

surely the national anthem can't be sung without a tin of tennants in one hand and most of the words missed out :up: