aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Doesn't it get more expensive the less seats there are left on the plane or something? Ie book when the planes mostly empty - cheap. Book when it's almost full - dear. Sure that's how KLM work anyway, the price goes up every time they sell a seat.

Yeah that's how most companies work. However I can't see flights to Cologne in the middle of September being all that popular. I'm only considering going for a gig I want to go to, not some really popular tourist event.

Lots of Budget airlines seem to have sales every few weeks as well. You check back a week after you've booked and the route is on sale for some crazy amount. My German friend flew over and visited me last year. She got a total of 3 flights (only booked a couple of months in advance, but during a sale) and the grand cost of her trip was 62

The fucking Daily Mail. It just angers me. i got sent a link to a story on their website, and as I was looking at it these two headlines jumped out at me.

Asian youths sent to seaside to avoid clashes at right-wing march jailed... for starting a fight | Mail Online

Lesson learned - Asians = YOBS, English Defence league "protesters" = good, Derek Brownley, upstanding English gent, innocent bystander. Public paying for dirty foreigners to go on trip. Not defending the group of course, if Its all true, but you could just see the editor of the Mail rubbing his hands when that story came through.

Anger as schools ban Gideon Bibles to avoid upsetting other faiths | Mail Online

First of all no we don't, we live in a multi-cultaral, multi-faith country, you fucking wanker. "WE MUST FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT TO FORCE RELIGION UPON OUR CHILDREN! THEY HAVE NO OPTION THEY WILL BE TAUGHT CHRISTIANITY!"

Kiss my cock, you cunt.

Fucking Nazi shit rag. I'm never going on that site again.

Tea and Kittens

Being guilt-tripped into taking holidays rather than pay at work. Fffffuck, this coulda paid for Primavera tickets, why am I so easy to emotionally blackmail?

For anyone who plans to do so in the future: Go for it, I'm clearly a schmuck.

Interesting one this. I know where you are coming from. I have to say the older I get the more inclined I am to take the time off. I think what caused me to make this desision was when a work mate of mine died in his early 40's. As long as I had known him he hardly took time off. work work work. Missed his kids growing up etc.

Take the days and enjoy, lifes too short to work your holidays.

Well I agreed with pretty much every word of your rant Lucky, didn't think it was over the top at all.

Why should the Gideon's be allowed to hand out Christian Bibles in public schools, paid for by people of every and no faith? I got one more than twenty years ago and I never looked at it. Nowadays kids can presumably do any Bible study they want online.

Ironic that the Daily Mail has "entertainment" pages with loads of pictures of Mylene Klass or other nonentities in skimpy outfits on the beach, while moaning about the collapse of society elsewhere.

Interesting one this. I know where you are coming from. I have to say the older I get the more inclined I am to take the time off. I think what caused me to make this desision was when a work mate of mine died in his early 40's. As long as I had known him he hardly took time off. work work work. Missed his kids growing up etc.

Take the days and enjoy, lifes too short to work your holidays.

I totally get what you mean and do agree with you, but I'm only part-time as it is. Also, it's the start of a new holiday year in a few weeks, so I'll already have about seventy hours to take and I never normally take many and am left over with loads by the time April comes.

It's more just the fact that I feel emotionally blackmailed into not taking the money that's pissing me off at the moment. I know I should make a decision objectively and not allow myself to be sucked in by it, but it's difficult.

If you intend to read Genesis, prepare yourself to read the word "begat" until your eyes bleed.

I fancy reading a bible. I don't want to say "There is no/ I don't believe in God" if I'm ignorant to it. I also want to give some other religious books a read. Is it as sexy as I think it's going to be? I also hear it's ultraviolent.

1 Kings and 2 Kings are pretty ultraviolent. Its got a dude getting killed with a tent peg.

Thats SAW style violence right there.

Don't you get taxed disproportionately if they whack holiday pay on top of your wage? I normally do. Think it works okay if you're paid by the year, but not on an hourly rate, or whatever.

If she's on the PAYE tax code which most part time workers are, then you get taxed if you earn above about 125 a week. So if you're getting paid holiday time on top of your normal earnings then you would probably get taxed where you normally wouldn't,

I had that problem last month. I had loads of annual leave to take, as did the rest of the staff. instead of giving us the option of days off, he gave the full time staff time off, and just added holiday pay to our regular income. Which meant I paid tax on that money where I normally wouldn't, as my normal weekly income from the part time job is just below the threshold.

British Airways offering online check-in 24 hours before a flight, but not being able to confirm seat reservation, so not being able to check-in online which means I now have to leave earlier to check-in.

Also may have mentioned this before, but people that slow down to 40 to go through a speed camera on a 60 road. The speed limit is 60, just because there is a camera on a straight stretch of road, it doesn't mean that the limit automatically drops 20 mph.

I hate speed cameras....and unmarked police cars.

To a degree I understand cameras as they normally slow down the traffic, but unmarked police cars are pure utter shite. They do not stop people commiting the crime but are simply there to catch you doing something wrong. They have also been known to entice a "racey" (Fact) just to catch the speeder. As I say utter crap. And before I get loads of replies about not breaking the law in the first place then I won't get caught that's rubbish. The speed limit was put in place bloody years ago when cars weighed a ton and had little more than crap drum brakes and rubber that was less sticky than a piece of day old Bazooka Joe chuddie. I am of course talking about speed limits out on the open road and not in built up areas.

I hate speed cameras....and unmarked police cars.

To a degree I understand cameras as they normally slow down the traffic, but unmarked police cars are pure utter shite. They do not stop people commiting the crime but are simply there to catch you doing something wrong. They have also been known to entice a "racey" (Fact) just to catch the speeder. As I say utter crap. And before I get loads of replies about not breaking the law in the first place then I won't get caught that's rubbish. The speed limit was put in place bloody years ago when cars weighed a ton and had little more than crap drum brakes and rubber that was less sticky than a piece of day old Bazooka Joe chuddie. I am of course talking about speed limits out on the open road and not in built up areas.

Apple should branch out into the car market and do an electric car that maxs out at 70mph.

The speed limit is there for yours and the people around you's safety, maybe you disagree with it but the laws are there for everyone. Deal with it.

If you read my post again you will note that I did not say I hated the speed limit. You will see that I totally agree with speed limits in built up areas...in fact some are too high IMO.

As for dealing with it....I do just that by setting a speed I think I will be safe at, whilst considering other road users. If that speed is 45 in a 60, then that's what I will do. If I'm the only guy in sight on a dual carriage way, then what's wrong with doing 85-90 in a car or bike that will stop a lot quicker than the cars/bikes that were on the road when the speed limits were put in place. The speed limits on a lot of our roads are out of date but the sandle wearers of today would never allow them to be changed. It's like most rules, regs, or laws. People are afraid to change them....just in case.

You're correct of course. The law is there for everyone whether it makes sense or not.