aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

In the same vein as the baby thing, I mind some lass on here stating how much she hated signs on cars saying 'Baby On Board' or some variant as it was just there to brag that someone had a kid and highlight she was all alone with a withering womb or something rather than, you know, to try and make other drivers (probably BMW or Audi) more aware and not tailgate or crash into the back of the car for going less than 90mph on the dualer.

Fucking cunts that steal your overtake. Especially when you've been sat behind a tractor for ages then as soon as you get onto a straight bit of road some insufferable twat in 4x4 screams up behind you and flies straight past just as you're about to pull out.

Overtaking scares me. Driving anywhere in Aberdeenshire in fact is a nerve jangling experience. You're constantly having to 'watch that corner' and overtake tractors. I dunno about any statistics but i'm sure its gotta be one of the more dangerous regions in the uk for driving? Due to the fact there's a lot of cars but not many large roads/dual carriageways.

Overtaking scares me. Driving anywhere in Aberdeenshire in fact is a nerve jangling experience. You're constantly having to 'watch that corner' and overtake tractors. I dunno about any statistics but i'm sure its gotta be one of the more dangerous regions in the uk for driving? Due to the fact there's a lot of cars but not many large roads/dual carriageways.

From reading the Evening Express site most days, there always seems to be a bad crash reported at least 3 or 4 times a week in and around Aberdeen. Certainly makes me not want to drive, ever.

Fucking cunts that steal your overtake. Especially when you've been sat behind a tractor for ages then as soon as you get onto a straight bit of road some insufferable twat in 4x4 screams up behind you and flies straight past just as you're about to pull out.

Oh Yes...... this makes me very annoyed too !

(Plenty of idiots like this when coming into BoD on the B999)

If you are driving properly (ie overtaking as quickly as possible) then this shouldn't happen. ;)

Seriously though, if you are driving the same road every day and know where the straights are, then deliberately leave a disatnce between the vehicle in front, then start speeding up before you get to the straight so you are well up to speed when you get there.

Just get ready to slam on the brakes when you get round the corner and somebody is coming the other way. :)

I can't drive and have never had a single lesson.

It amazes me that it seems like any old idiot can do it.

I'm almost certain I would die at the first roundabout I came to.

I held this opinion for years too. I only passed my test last year when I was 29. It's actually quite easy once you get your head around it.

Pet hate: Putting on over a stone since I learned to drive.

If you are driving properly (ie overtaking as quickly as possible) then this shouldn't happen. ;)

Lewis Hamilton couldn't have overtaken quick enough to get out in front of this prick.

He then screamed off doing about 80 once we'd passed Kirkton of Durris. Fat lot of good it did him though as I still got through Bridge of Dee roundabout before him as he chose the slower lane.

I'm so happy my commute is going to get even longer once I start my new job.

In the same vein as the baby thing, I mind some lass on here stating how much she hated signs on cars saying 'Baby On Board' or some variant as it was just there to brag that someone had a kid and highlight she was all alone with a withering womb or something rather than, you know, to try and make other drivers (probably BMW or Audi) more aware and not tailgate or crash into the back of the car for going less than 90mph on the dualer.

I was under the impression that those signs were to let emergency services know there is a child on board if the car is involved in an accident. Babies are hard to find in rubble/mangled metal.