aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Brewdog switching out my order of cans for bottles. It's not that big of a deal really, they basically gave me 10p, but I wanted to see if there was any taste difference from a can with Punk IPA, they also gave me Punk IPA when I ordered Punk X or whatever it was called, again, they gave me 10p but I feel as if I missed out some how...

Now that i've started, I may as well mention my number one most hated adopted-ethnic-thing. Capoeira. Capo-bloody-eira. It's fucking mince. I've seen people doing it loads of times and never once been impressed. Maybe in Brazil its full of symbolism and the dancers tell a story with their bodies and such like, and that's great, but in Europe it's just an excuse for sweaty foreign students with goatees and fugly alt chicks to don crushed linen, bang a drum for hours on end and do slo-mo round house kicks 10 feet away from each other's faces. I'd be ok with that if they didn't try and get people to crowd round in a circle to watch them doing it as if it's a spectacle worth seeing.

tumblr_lgrf2d4Z7c1qdqhxjo1_500.gif

• Upvote 2

Crazy weather going on right now. There's been thunder and lightening and it's been pissing it down all morning. Now there appear to be giant hail stones too. It would be pretty ace if I didn't want / need to go to the supermarket. And it will definitely be shit when I have to go to work in a few hours.

I don't have a problem with Yoga. It's just stretching exercises which contribute to a good fitness regime along with weights and cardio. A lot of Yoga stretches are found in other disciplines without all the "spirituality" mumbo-jumbo.

As for browsers, I've been using Chrome since 2009 and I'm tentatively taking my first steps back to Firefox. Chrome was way ahead of the curve when it first came out but I have a few issues with it now including its implementation my pet hate flash and its seperate instances for each application in task manager. It just doesn't work very effectively despite their attempts to keep tab crashes manageable through a task manager like system within the browser. It fucks up way more often than it works.

As a general rule I try out the browser with the latest major update and see how it compares to what I'm using.

Brewdog switching out my order of cans for bottles. It's not that big of a deal really, they basically gave me 10p, but I wanted to see if there was any taste difference from a can with Punk IPA, they also gave me Punk IPA when I ordered Punk X or whatever it was called, again, they gave me 10p but I feel as if I missed out some how...

I don't like having to read long fragmented sentences. I just read that back like a little kid talking fast and taking big breaths at every comma; it's actually more funny than annoying.

I don't like having to read a long fragmented sentences. I just read that back like a little kid talking fast and taking big breaths at every comma; it's actually more funny than annoying.

I never even noticed how long that second sentence was, I meant to put in a full stop somewhere, I must have just forgot where my last sentence ended and decided to put in a comma, whoops.

Misleading food labels. I'm trying to lose weight at the moment, so I'm calorie counting trying to stay below 1200 a day. Which is usually easy enough, except on days like today when I was in a hurry and I just grabbed a few things off the shelf in the Co-op. A cursory glance at the number on the front of the packets seem to suggest the food is pretty low calorie, but it's not until you've eaten it all and you start adding up the calories that you notice all the small print:

Calories : 152

(per 1/2 pack)

Calories : 250

(per 100g)

My personal favourite is Smarties.

86 calories

(per half tube)

Who eats half a fucking tube of Smarties?

It's great that they have to show that on packaging now but it's deliberately misleading. It should either be "per packet" or "per 100g" because "per serving" gives them leeway to put any number they like on there, because they get to dictate how big one serving is. Like on a 500ml bottle of Sprite, it's "per serving" that's on the label, which is half a bottle according to them. Do you ever buy a bottle of juice, drink half then throw the rest away? No, because that would be wasteful and stupid.

My seemingly healthy lunch of pasta salad, fresh pineapple, semi-skimmed milk and a yoghurt which I thought was going to be about 500 calories ended up at a whopping 823. That's 2/3 of my daily allowance! Guess it's a big plate of vegetables for dinner tonight then. :down:

It should be per packet. Always per packet. People can work out from there how much of a packet they're using and divide accordingly.

1200 calories a day is pretty low, btw...

It sounds low but it's really not that difficult, I eat three full, healthy meals a day and if I want to snack I eat fruit or biscuits, and I rarely go over 1200. I never go hungry. I allow myself to indulge a bit at the weekend and go over it a bit on Saturdays and Sundays but within reason.

Per packet and per 100g are both useful. The 100g one is great if you're looking out for percentages. My girlfriend had gallstones and couldn't eat anything over 5% fat so we got used to looking for the 100g values to work out the fat percentage.

My dick is only 1 inch less than the national average and I never hear the end of it.

xx

In Italy, you'd be considered quite the swordsman.

An Italian study of about 3,300 Italian men concluded that stretched length was measured on average to about 5 inches (13 cm)..[14]

[Human]Human penis size - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia penis size - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There seems to be a common misconception on this site that I'm some sort of borderline midget. I'm 5' 8" - that's only 2 inches less than the national average!

If this were Peru, or The Philippines, I'd be considered quite tall.

Or Indonesia. Even Nev would be tall in Indonesia.

Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're an ample cock's length shorter than me...

There seems to be a common misconception on this site that I'm some sort of borderline midget. I'm 5' 8" - that's only 2 inches less than the national average!

If this were Peru, or The Philippines, I'd be considered quite tall.

Or Indonesia. Even Nev would be tall in Indonesia.

Human height - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's the kind of thing short people say. I'd know as some people - women - make fun of me for being shirt and I AM the national average, which leads to me giving them this shpiel. My willy is ok, thankfully. Nothing special either, though.