aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I'm going to open my own cinema, and it's not going to sell any food that rustles or crunches. In fact, it's only going to sell ice cream. And the doors are going to be LOCKED the second film starts. Latecomers will be told to fuck off. And the film is going to be really loud to drown out the chatter.

I wholeheartedly support this...in fact I would take it one step further and have a spike that shoots out the bottom of the chair up the rectum of anyone who talks incessantly so triggering some complex sensor. Needs to be calibrated to avoid spiked arse for a cough or whatever but still. I'm working the detail...

Generally the lower the quality of the film, the lower the quality of the audience, but seeing Artyfartyheehaws at The Blemont just brings a new kind of prick. Everytime I see a film there that's ostensibly a comedy, some prick HAS to advertise the fact that they 'get' a 'complex' 'joke' by braying loudly and then glancing around to see if anyone's as smart as them.

Film: "That's what Freud said!"

Prick : HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

Film: "This is my cat, Schrodinger!"

PRICK: "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!"

That's going to be the name of my new hipster band.

The baby seagull in my back garden who can't fly....more specifically the adult gulls who swoop me every time I go by it.....more broadly seagulls. Anyone who heard a girl screaming in the general Rosemount area don't be alarmed, it was a man and he is safe.....for now.

Stagecoach. Motherfucking Stagecoach.

Just emailed that to whoever will delete it without reading. Never been more pissed off in my life. I'm now going to be so late for band practice there is no reason in even going. Stingy fucking bastards they are, i tried my best not to just throw everything into that email with swearing and death threads, but i think i nearly blew a valve holding myself back. I wouldn't be annoyed if this happened once, but it's so consistent that i don't even expect the bus to be there when i go to the bus stop any more!

Can't wait to see what little they do in response to my complaint. if i keep having a go at them for their over charged and useless service i might actually get an apology!

threaten to get anne robinson and the watchdog team on their backs, you might get free shit bus travel for life but at least it'll be free!

Bouncers.

I know its a hard job and it must be a pain working those hours with drunks, and the vast majority are a credit to their profession, but the new double-act that bounce at Exodus are a pair of horrendous cunts.

I've heard more than a few horror stories about those two recently. The new bouncers there could even, in time, rival the ones from the infamous Exodus Bouncers thread.

Stagecoach. Motherfucking Stagecoach.

Just emailed that to whoever will delete it without reading. Never been more pissed off in my life. I'm now going to be so late for band practice there is no reason in even going. Stingy fucking bastards they are, i tried my best not to just throw everything into that email with swearing and death threads, but i think i nearly blew a valve holding myself back. I wouldn't be annoyed if this happened once, but it's so consistent that i don't even expect the bus to be there when i go to the bus stop any more!

Can't wait to see what little they do in response to my complaint. if i keep having a go at them for their over charged and useless service i might actually get an apology!

10 minutes is nothing, they're quite frequently upto 30 minutes late, don't stop at the stop then are just fucking rude when you get on the bus.

Such a terrible bus service, everyone complains about First too, but i quite frequently caught it when i lived in town and very rarely had any problems with lateness and not once did a bus not turn up.

Which route/number were you taking? Some are much more reliable than others. The 19 went through a long spell of not just being late, but not turning up at all. The transport counsellor was investigating it for a while, and some of the drivers were being pure cunts for the sake of it. Kicking everyone off the bus because they were "due a break", or taking fares, then terminating at the terminus when it should have been a full round trip. The 14 and whatever the number is that goes down to the Beach Asda have suffered similar interruptions from twatty drivers. It's the reason I bought a bike, because I was fed up with buses just not turning up, and paying 60-odd a month to be late for work every day, and it take over an hour to get home, when I could walk home in half the time

I've never had a problem catching a bus to Dyce or the Bridge of Don. The 1 and 2 routes seem to be the most reliable. They seem to get the newer and more comfortable buses on that route too, and also the most frequent.

I took the one to hillhead (23 maybe?) several times a week for ages and very rarely had problems. The 12 several times, not as frequently, but it's more the other people on the bus i've ever had any bother with. White headphones and a guitar on my back always catches a few looks. and occasionally the 19 now when going to the gym or my dad will be giving me a lift from culter. I've not encountered anywhere near the amount of bother using First than i have Stagecoach.

Sounds like i've just been lucky, i would happily cycle to aberdeen and back i've done it before, but it can take a few hours and in this whether there would need to be a shower at the other side.

EDIT: a huge part of using stagecoach is that when i moved back to my folks i was counting how much money i was saving. Not realising my mum has suffered an OCD breakdown and wants everything to be super duper ubber clean and i pay 40 a week (WHAT THE ALMIGHTY FUCK!? I moved back here to try and save that amount not give you) and the amount i need to spend on busses. combine the two and i'm paying near enough what i was paying rent every month to live in somewhere, where i have less freedom and need to answer to their completely irrational rules and lectures.

So you expected to live there rent free? You're not gonna like the real world.

EDIT: a huge part of using stagecoach is that when i moved back to my folks i was counting how much money i was saving. Not realising my mum has suffered an OCD breakdown and wants everything to be super duper ubber clean and i pay 40 a week (WHAT THE ALMIGHTY FUCK!? I moved back here to try and save that amount not give you) and the amount i need to spend on busses. combine the two and i'm paying near enough what i was paying rent every month to live in somewhere, where i have less freedom and need to answer to their completely irrational rules and lectures.

kevinDM2502_228x298.jpg

urg, no one understands me, my life is over.

Oh well bye!

I hope your mum realises that she is completely out of order for her to expect her son, an almost mature adult to have some basic hygiene, responsibilties and respect whilst you're living in 'her' house.

40 ?!?!? WOAH!!!

New week, New pet hate: whilst on the buses theme. Over the course of say the past 10 bus journeys I have taken to work I have not once paid a consistent fare. I always get the bus from the same stop and the same time but yet the fare is always jumping between 1.50 & 2. It's not the 50p that concerns me, more my stupidity(laziness) for taking the bus. I've used the tickets from previous days to prove that the fare is wrong but it's always " the last driver must not have been paying attention" - NO SHIT SHERLOCK!

The no.1 bus has been getting notoriously bad for terminating the route halfway down Holburn St with the driver refusing to pay out to the travellers who paid to get to the other side of Garthdee. If I hadn't lost all hope long ago i'd be proper fucked off.

[\END OF RANT]