aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I hate small talk. I prefer silence to small talk. People make comments that I'm so quiet at work, because I don't feel the need to rabble about everything. It's always the same shite. The weather, or the lifts not working or the database being slow. Great.

I'm also weird apparently, because I don't watch Top Gear. From the way it is lauded about, it's almost as if Top Gear is the second coming of Jesus.

I'm also weird apparently, because I don't watch Top Gear. From the way it is lauded about, it's almost as if Top Gear is the second coming of Jesus.

I don't get the Top Gear hype. It's three dick-heads talking about cars. I don't drive and I don't like dick-heads.

I like Clarkson as a writer. I don't agree with his way of thinking, but I find the way he delivers it very funny. Cars and dickheads are boring though. The little guy and the old guy are crap, and I don't care for seeing semi-celebrities drive a shite hatchback round a race track, and have their lap time compared to other semi celebrities.

You could say I hate Top Gear.

Also, cunts that don't remember simple facts, despite me mentioning them several times. Usually about once a week I get this...

"Did you see *shit-program* on *shit-channel* last night?"

"I don't watch TV"

"What? Really? How can you not watch TV?"

Well, I simply don't. Apart from going to my bros/mates to watch hockey, and then I'll see if anything is on. My TV at home is purely for Xbox and DVDs. And I've told you this every fucking time for the last 5 years. Fuck nugget.

Having zero interest in cars I always assumed I would hate Top Gear but I actually quite enjoy watching it these days. To the point that the missus has a gob on about me watching Dave repeats. I dont complain about her watching The Worlds Most Fat Chav With a Club Foot or whatever pish like that is on so I find this a bit unfair. I like TG mostly for the tomfoolery on stupid missions. I find Clarkson quite amusing in a grumpy old man way (although not on paper, started reading one of his books and it did my head in) and James May is a dude, Hammond I can do without. Im a bald guy and sometimes I see what folk do with their hair and wonder why they get some and I dont. Richard Hammond is one of those fucks. He currently looks like he got booted out of Duran Duran for being too short.

Don't you need a TV license now even if you don't have a TV? Radio and a PC seem to qualify you for requiring a TV license I believe, even if it's not hooked up to the internet. TV licenses are shite. I don't even watch the BBC, but I pay for the privelage anyway. Can you imagine if more products did this? The milkman for example. He could bring you 3 pints a day that you don't even want. Your driveway would be piled up with full bottles of milk, and he'd send his heavies round claiming that you owe him 200. You have to have milk. You don't have a choice.

Don't you need a TV license now even if you don't have a TV? Radio and a PC seem to qualify you for requiring a TV license I believe, even if it's not hooked up to the internet. TV licenses are shite. I don't even watch the BBC, but I pay for the privelage anyway. Can you imagine if more products did this? The milkman for example. He could bring you 3 pints a day that you don't even want. Your driveway would be piled up with full bottles of milk, and he'd send his heavies round claiming that you owe him 200. You have to have milk. You don't have a choice.

No, you can watch TV shows on the internet via iPlayer etc and listen to radio without a license. But if you have a TV that is capable of picking up a TV signal, then you need a license, even if, like Teabags, you don't use it to watch TV.

Looks like it's going to change though to take iPlayer into account, not sure how they'll do it, probably you get a code on your TV license and you have to type that in to watch iPlayer.

I'm sure I had a list of stuff which meant you needed to get oneif you had anything on the list. A friend of mine didn't even own a TV a few years back, and they were trying to con/scare him into buying one anyway.

I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

On your other point, about being forced to pay for the BBC, in theory I agree entirely, why the fuck should we be forced to pay for it if we have no intention of watching it?

In practise however there is so much I love and cherish on the BBC that I gladly pay for it and I would be dead against changing the system. You just have to look at ITV, Sky 1 or most of American telly to see the alternative.