aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I would fuck the fuck out of Christina Aguilera. I don't know if thats possible. Fucking the fuck out of fucking would just leave ing and who wants ing? Wait. That was incorrect. Fucking the fuck out of Christina Aguilera would leave me with just plain old Christina Aguilera. Which is what I currently have. Meaning I've fucked the fuck out of her already. Or someone else has. Bastards.

On the bus topic, I bought a bike because First were so expensive and unreliable.

I would take the 14 and occasionally the 11 or 19, and they never once arrived on time, best you could hope for was 7-8 minutes late. Often not turn up at all, but then when they did the drivers were frequently rude, especially if you civilly asked for an explanation as to why they are consistently so fucking late.

Also, why the fuck do they not give change? Every bus company I've been on (including First in Glasgow/Edinburgh) give you change back if you don't have the exact coinage available but in aberdeen, its the exact change or more. I mean, I always make the effort to have the right coins ready but if I only have a fiver, it means going to a shop, splitting it, etc, which uses up precious minutes of my time!

The constant fucking strikes. For what they do, and compared to other people in the same job, First drivers are paid a decent wage and decent conditions. Stop being so fucking greedy! It's not as if the majority of you even seem to do your job well.

And the fares are so high. In their own fucking hometown too. The company fucks over more than anyone else. No shame.

Fucking wankers.I hate FirstBus.

I agree. The exact change thing is nonsense, but I bet it makes them a tidy profit, as I am 1000% certain more people put in more than the fare actually is than less. Cash handling takes away quite a large responsibility of the job too, yet still get paid the same, if not more than a lot of drivers for other bus companies.

I've put in less than the actual fare a few times. It balances out, because I've put in a 2 for a 1.50 fare heaps of times. I'm sure I've read before that the exact change demand does breach some sort of trading standard, due to the fact that potential passengers can have legal tender to pay for the fare, but be rejected because it's not whittled down to the exact pennies. It's a little easier I guess now that it's 1.50 for a regular fare, but when it was 1.30, it was a bit awkward. It's shit having to break notes to get change. First Bus in Leeds, you could pay a 90p fare with a tenner, and they'd gladly change it. I'm sure they'd prefer to lighten the load of 9.10 and have a tenner in their pocket too.

Is there actually anyway i can realistically threaten them? Even if the service is shit, free travel for even a few months would be good compensation. Murrr?

I remember printing your email and filing it on Monday morning. It will be filed, the mentioned buses will be investigated, and the drivers will be spoken to. It takes a few days but something will be done about it and you will get an email back at some point. I know from experience that Stagecoach deal with every complaint on an individual basis and investigate anything that isn't stupid (I once had a woman complaining about the fact that there was a wasp on the bus. No, I'm not joking.). The company do take customer service very seriously, regardless of what some people may tell you.

I can tell you straight-up that you made a good decision not to use "threats" and "swearing," though. Poor service can be incredibly frustrating, but the customer service representative is there to help you as much as they possibly can. If they're civil with the customer then the customer needs to be civil with them too.

When I worked for Yorkshire Electricity, some mental chap wrote in saying that if we didn't come and fix the manhole duct outside his house sooner than quoted, he was going to come down to our HQ and shut off the power until we did something about it. We stuck it on the wall with the rest of the funny complaints. We never did anything about them, because we were Yorkshire Electricity. We didn't have competitors. Your only option was to move house to another county. Suckerssss. Best company I ever worked for. I just played online football manager all day.

Ah superb! Looking forward to seeing improvement, although i'm still a little cynical about anything being done. Cheers murrr:)

On a related note, do you get any threats or requests for compensation in these complaints? obviously if it will get you in trouble for saying anything it's fine i was just curious.

Every now and then, aye. I can't mention anything specific though :).

I remember printing your email and filing it on Monday morning. It will be filed, the mentioned buses will be investigated, and the drivers will be spoken to. It takes a few days but something will be done about it and you will get an email back at some point. I know from experience that Stagecoach deal with every complaint on an individual basis and investigate anything that isn't stupid (I once had a woman complaining about the fact that there was a wasp on the bus. No, I'm not joking.). The company do take customer service very seriously, regardless of what some people may tell you.

I can tell you straight-up that you made a good decision not to use "threats" and "swearing," though. Poor service can be incredibly frustrating, but the customer service representative is there to help you as much as they possibly can. If they're civil with the customer then the customer needs to be civil with them too.

it took stagecoach about 3 weeks to reply to my complaint last time then they just didn't bother replying to my reply.

Going down to Derby on the train is so dull, for ages all you see out the window is flat land and big chimneys spewing out steam. Almost started to feel like i was in scooby doo where the back ground just repeats itself over and over again until you reach your destination.

You could always, y'know, read?

That's something you do with a book, in case you were wondering.

:up:

Trying to order some goods from a website which states it offers free delivery on orders over 25. That is until I put in my postcode then suddenly delivery will be 5, as despite the company having two shops within 30 mins drive of my house apparently Banchory is such a remote fucking location they have to charge extra to ship it there.

On the bus topic, I bought a bike because First were so expensive and unreliable.

I would take the 14 and occasionally the 11 or 19, and they never once arrived on time, best you could hope for was 7-8 minutes late. Often not turn up at all, but then when they did the drivers were frequently rude, especially if you civilly asked for an explanation as to why they are consistently so fucking late.

Also, why the fuck do they not give change? Every bus company I've been on (including First in Glasgow/Edinburgh) give you change back if you don't have the exact coinage available but in aberdeen, its the exact change or more. I mean, I always make the effort to have the right coins ready but if I only have a fiver, it means going to a shop, splitting it, etc, which uses up precious minutes of my time!

The constant fucking strikes. For what they do, and compared to other people in the same job, First drivers are paid a decent wage and decent conditions. Stop being so fucking greedy! It's not as if the majority of you even seem to do your job well.

And the fares are so high. In their own fucking hometown too. The company fucks over more than anyone else. No shame.

Fucking wankers.I hate FirstBus.

Eh!, what else you going to be doing in the 7-8 minutes that you are waiting for the late bus, or is it the case you have already built that time into your busy day?