aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

When I had to cover the stall in The Trinity Centre, the turkish guy who only had one stall at the time wouldn't leave me alone - telling me how his religion (he was muslim) meant he was cleaner and had better morals than me and most of Aberdeen, and how I should convert.

He then showed me very inappropriate photographs that he'd been sent from his 16 year old adoring customers (after having told all the old biddies who bought scarves that his wife was pregnant and he spotted a buggie he wanted so would they help him meet his sales target) tha the had met in Liquid, would nip out every 25 minutes to have a cigarette...

That annoys me... don't judge me just because I'm not muslim, and he viewed alcohol as a bad thing - "it poisons your body". Well I don't like people smoking a few dozen times a day and hanging around me so I'm having to smell it.

I have friends who don't push their religion on me, it just irks me when people try to make out they're better than you because of it.

A lad I went to college with was always trying to force his new found Christianity on me. He'd very recently been converted, so everyday, he'd come sit next to me in the common room, and told me why I shouldn't have to see or feel God to believe in him, and how I'm going to burn and never be forgiven for not believing. Every bastard day. The lad was a fucking fruitloop though. A Careers Officer came in one day, and he asked him how he could go about being a Dictator. It sounds like someone just goofing around, but he really was serious. Selective breeding and "sending them back home" was a common topic of discussion when he wasn't yammering on about Jesus.

He's now a policeman. I bet he's clubbing asians and pulling over black folk all the live long day. He needs to be drowned. Hands and feet tied together and kicked off a boat. Lunatic.

I was working with a classic alcoholic-in-denial a couple of years back. Always telling me I needed to 'go back to school' because I don't believe in God (though I'm apparently reverent enough to capitalise Him.) Always had his bottle of Diet Pepsi on the go and frequently pissed as a cunt at work.

I feel sorry for all the genuine religious folks who have these idiots giving them a bad name.

Fucking road works. I got held up at four different sets of road works today and I did not see a single workman at any four of these sites. The ones around Carden Place / Victoria Street are a nightmare. They dig up one road, and then instead of fixing it, filling it again and then re-opening it, they just fence it off, then go round the corner and close another road, dig it up, fence it off, go and dig up another road. When it be a lot less fucking annoying if they just finished one fucking job before they started another one. Prince Arthur Street, which I have to drive down to get to my work my from flat, has been closed now for seven weeks, and yesterday is the first time I've seen anybody working on it, and even then there was just one guy. I could go round Victoria Street instead, but guess what, it's fucking closed...

On Ashley Road there's a big hole in the road closing one lane, and they've put temporary traffic lights there to allow the traffic to flow. But the hole has been there for at least three weeks, and I pass every morning and as yet I have not seen them actually do anything other than dig the hole, put up the lights and then fuck off....

Fucking road works. I got held up at four different sets of road works today and I did not see a single workman at any four of these sites. The ones around Carden Place / Victoria Street are a nightmare. They dig up one road, and then instead of fixing it, filling it again and then re-opening it, they just fence it off, then go round the corner and close another road, dig it up, fence it off, go and dig up another road. When it be a lot less fucking annoying if they just finished one fucking job before they started another one. Prince Arthur Street, which I have to drive down to get to my work my from flat, has been closed now for seven weeks, and yesterday is the first time I've seen anybody working on it, and even then there was just one guy. I could go round Victoria Street instead, but guess what, it's fucking closed...

On Ashley Road there's a big hole in the road closing one lane, and they've put temporary traffic lights there to allow the traffic to flow. But the hole has been there for at least three weeks, and I pass every morning and as yet I have not seen them actually do anything other than dig the hole, put up the lights and then fuck off....

Perhaps it's a combined effort with the bus drivers to bring Aberdeen to a stand still.