aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

...yep - and at today's prices, Boyd has to be the best piece of business in Ranger's history.

12 million for Tore Andre Flo and 1.65 to Killie for Boyd? - in fucking installments as well o_O

We wuz robbed!

This is very true.

Wish I was at the game today. I can even see Ibrox from my flat, but the bank manager wouldn't like it! Gutted. :down:

Roll on the second half. However, I do think it might be a disappointment. Five goals in the first half might lead to nothing in the second half.

This is very true.

Wish I was at the game today. I can even see Ibrox from my flat, but the bank manager wouldn't like it! Gutted. :down:

Roll on the second half. However, I do think it might be a disappointment. Five goals in the first half might lead to nothing in the second half.

...I'm hoping Caley Thistle get a few!!!

...well, five at least!!!:up:

Brilliant game at Todders today.

Aluko's goal was brilliant. I was sitting in the main stand and had a awesome view of it flying across the keeper.

The last 5-10 minutes were a bit nerve-wracking with players a bit scared to fuck up, but finally a home win on the board, and well deserved too I think.

Brilliant game at Todders today.

Aluko's goal was brilliant. I was sitting in the main stand and had a awesome view of it flying across the keeper.

The last 5-10 minutes were a bit nerve-wracking with players a bit scared to fuck up, but finally a home win on the board, and well deserved too I think.

Have to disagree there. Was indeed a cracker of a goal though.

It was as exciting a game I've seen at Pittodrie in a long time. I had quite a lot of money on Aluko first goal with 2-0 so I was on teeters since he bagged the first. That Killie belter off the bar had me shitting myself whilst we came close to grabbing that decisive 2nd goal a few times. Wasn't quality stuff at all, in fact Killie out played us completely for the first half hour. We looked good for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half and lucky enough that was all that was needed...

League's still tight but a couple of good wins should see us grow in confidence and move right up.

We're back!

Our lack of a central midfield over the past few weeks was solved by, er, playing an injured player in there, and guess what... he was the best player on the park! :up:

Feared the worst when we went 1-0 down after 8 minutes, but two decent goals, a bit of luck for the third, and a cracking fourth (well done Sharpy son!) had us in control at the break.

Brechin had been unbeaten beforehand, and came back at us in the second half, but even with the Baird, failed to really trouble us, and although Michal Kula was the busier keeper after the break, he looked more than comfortable. Sealed it in injury time with another 25 yarder, this time from wee Deano. Dancer!

Look out, Div 2!

what I would give for a sharp object to be spraying crosses and skinning boys regularly at LP.

DARK TIMES

as for Baird, I hope he does well at Brechin so we get our 20k in January. wee shitebag.

You got Gibby and big Neil Stephen back, you're fucking not getting Sharpy as well!

Three points and a clean sheet against Villa thanks to a fantastic, spirited second half performance :up:. Nice double for Martins with Duff and Gutierrez looking good again, and it's nice to see Joey Barton reminding everyone that he's actually pretty good at this football thing.

by raising his hands to gabby and then dingy-ing the ref at full time??

By taking the game by the scruff of the neck and putting in a solid shift in the middle of the park alongside one of the most pedestrian midfielders in the league.

His temper still needs a lot of work, obviously, but these incidents would hardly get a second mention if done by a different player.