aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

in mo news

Davie Hannah is player caretaker manager for the forseeable future - nae sure about this but better than nothing until Jim Weir's lawsuit backs down

Rossco signed back on after his operation (GTF Thommo!), right on!

John Baird went on loan to Brechin after spitting the dummy on sat about getting cup tied, then he said he would start declaring injury etc if he didnt get his move. 400 less wages a week and we got Darren Smith on loan from Brechin in return.

Busy Day at LP :D

Do you just take anything that is priced at 1/2 or are you putting some knowledge into it? Just wondered if you happened to be an oracle at under 17s international girls football.

Who doesn't like a bit of under 17 girls?

I don't just take anything, no...obviously put knowledge into it. I did a wee bit of reading on it, and also the general rule that the standard of youth football in Holland is better than probably most places in the world and the odds of 1/2 tend to suggest that they were a shoe-in, especially since they were at home.

It's amazing what a year or so of betting regularly can do to your knowledge of sports. I now consider myself fairly knowledgable in the players recent form, strengths, weaknesses and tactics of ATP and WTA tennis, as well as football leagues which I had no interest in a few years ago.

Little things like making sure you bet on a player with a consistent, big serve to win his service game on games which have 'new balls'. I'd say i've never lost a bet on those and it has boosted my winnings regularly.

I tend not to do many accumulators nowadays. Instead betting big on DrawNoBet games e.g. I put 60 of my weeks winnings on Udinese to beat Spurs with a DNB option, which reduced the odds to about 1.5 ish, however if the game had finished a draw i'd get my 60

back.

When Udinese were one nil up, to make things a bit more interesting I put another 20 on a DNB for them to win, which at reduced odds of 1.125 meant I got another 2.50 profit.

At 2-0 up and against 10 men I put the remaining 60 odd of my weekly winnings on Udinese to win, which got me another 1 or so.

A profit on one match of 33.50.

I then put a DNB of 33.50 on Aston Villa, which earned me another 12 come final whistle. But similar to the last game I put more winnings on DNB at different stages to get another 10 or so.

Whilst this was all going on I had a cheeky 5 on Portsmouth to get beat and was also keeping tabs on a 19 bet on Ronnie O'Sullivan to beat Steve Davis in the Premiere League Snooker; winning another 20 or so.

The only bet that hasn't come off this week was a 2 each way bet on Defoe to score against Braga :down:

EDIT: I realise betting big can have its downfalls as well, as I've experienced at least 3 or 4 times this year. But overall i'm up around 1-2k this year and have only bet really big with winnings, rather than wages. To get the winnings to start with i'll tend to do a wee 5 treble on Scottish football or a couple of 1 bets on centre halfs to score first/anytime.

Gambling's for idiots, guys.

O yeah, and drugs are for mugs.

Never catch me dabbling in either.

Nacho 'fucking dirty ratboy who needs a kick in the fuckin chops' Novo is trying to talk his way into the Scotland national squad. If he succeeds, I suspect a lot of fans will turn their collective back on the team.

Love from Christy

Gambling's for idiots, guys.

O yeah, and drugs are for mugs.

Never catch me dabbling in either.

Nacho 'fucking dirty ratboy who needs a kick in the fuckin chops' Novo is trying to talk his way into the Scotland national squad. If he succeeds, I suspect a lot of fans will turn their collective back on the team.

Love from Christy

It's only gambling when you don't win :up:

I think Nacho Novo turning out for Scotland would be enough for me to call time on attending games. I don't think it'll ever happen though, since the public outcry would be waaaay to much for Burley/Smith and most of SFA to survive.

Hopefully SPL fans can make it clear to him in the upcoming months that he's as wanted in the team as much as a fatal case of knob rot.

Scorge... any tips for the Scottish Cup tomorrow??

I'm tempted by a Clach, Edinburgh City and Cove treble.

Clachnacuddin v Crichton

Edinburgh City v Wick Academy

Cove Rangers v Whitehill Welfare

Dalbeattie Star v Selkirk

Montrose v Huntly

East Stirlingshire v Preston Athletic

Fraserburgh v Dumbarton

Berwick Rangers v Albion Rovers

Civil Service Strollers v Vale of Leithen

Inverurie Loco Works v Banks o Dee

Stenhousemuir v Threave Rovers

Annan Athletic v Spartans

Brora Rangers v Forfar Athletic

Lochee United v Buckie Thistle

Cowdenbeath v Elgin City

Forres Mechanics v Keith

Dirge at New Douglas Park... 3-1 to Rangers. Accies score from free kick lobbed into the wind, which a player somehow headers in. Boyd with a poor pen and an offside header, Novo with a goal from defensive error. The weather was so awful, it seemed like I was watching the game with cataracts.

More annoying than the unwashed winning is the behaviour of their fans...

All game they've been singing "Go home, Why don't you go home, James McCarthy why don't you go home?" (over his allegience to Ireland). They must feel really big and clever singing yet more Ipox filth toward a 17 year old kid who has more ability than half the SPL and more potential than most players his age in Europe.

Seeing Novo score for Rangers today really made me think i'd turn my back on Scotland if he pulled on the dark blue. Really hate him; maybe even more than Lee Miller and Neil Lennon.

Never mind, radio set for ICT v. Motherwell. We lost all 3 games to them last season and I'm worried of something similar happening this season. John Sutton loves scoring against us, as does Clarkson and Porter (all three will be playing today I think). However, they have lost many of their back 4 through suspension and injury, so if we can take some early chances we could sneak this.

About 23 up today after betting there'd be more than 2 goals in Hamilton game and Man Utd draw with Everton. Only bet lost was a 4 bet on ManUtd v. Everton draw at Half time.

HUNTLY will beat Montrose

I said the same thing to Ally Graham before our load of fucking pish today. Thankfully he didn't follow up the tip.

In Peterhead news, we need to stop playing our top scorer wide right, play our regular right-sided midfielder on the right side of midfield, get a central midfield (come back Gibby, JB and Hegs!), and find a left back.

Oh, and score, cause we haven't scored in the last 4 games.