aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

I think 'Arry's a decent enough choice for Tottenham. He's probably not the guy to take Spurs towards breaking the top 4 (which, speaking from experience, most of their fans seem to strive for), but look at where they are in the league. Bottom of the league with one league win. He'll motivate the under-performing players and get them play half-decent football. Probably looking at a safe mid-table finish this season with a view to improving on this next season. I think it'll be a solid appointment.

Newcastle vs. West Brom tonight, if we don't win this one I'm going to shit a chicken. Hopefully Joe'll give Jonas a start; the best winger we've had at the club since Nobby Solano in his prime.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Portsmouth | Adams set to become Pompey boss

Bang goes my "we'll see" theory. I would have thought they would have picked someone a bit more experienced. Pompey were on the up, and I think it's a bit of a gamble settling for Tony Adams.

I have a hat sitting right next to me, an old gents flat cap to be precise, that has your name on it ;)

I think this will be the first time that i'll try to actively avoid our game altogether. Recent form and past League Cup Quarter Final Losses (5-1, 2-1, 4-1) seem to suggest another skelping is on it's way. I'd love to be proved wrong though!

Instead i'll attempt to get as much school work done as possible tonight, then tune into Sky Sports to see the result... after significant time has passed, to allow for any potential extra time and pens.

Odds of more than evens for a Falkirk win have swayed me enough to chuck 20 on them to take us in 90 mins = around 22 profit. Especially tempting when Ian Black is rested (injured?) and Roy McBain replaces him in centre midfield :down:

I also never thought i'd say this... but i'm glad Ryan Esson is in goals ahead of Mike Fraser tonight o_O

`Eric Black and Dean Windass as player/assistant coach, are in line to replace Calderwood and Nicholl before this weekend`

just heard the rumours, but would be great having a manager who doesnt constantly blame his players individualy for the results in public, and those two would bring excitement back to the club, as well as a knowledge of the game and players which extends outside of scotland and holland.

Diego Maradona has been announced as new Argentina manager apparently :up:

First game will be against Scotland :up: :up:

My tickets arrived yesterday :up: :up: :up:

Public sale tickets are available from tomorrow at 9am if anyone was fancying it...

"You put your left hand in...."

Tennent's International Challenge Match

SCOTLAND V ARGENTINA

Hampden Park, Glasgow

Wednesday 19 November 2008 - Kick-off 8.00 pm

Tickets go on general sale at 9.00 am on Wednesday 29 October and are available by calling the SECC ticket hotline on 0844 481 1818 or by logging onto SECxtra Tickets

You can also by tickets from the Hampden Park Museum Shop and the Official Scotland Shop (based in Unit 41 of the Plaza Mall within the East Kilbride Shopping Centre, East Kilbride).

Thanks again for your continued support.

Scotland Supporters Club

Diego Maradona has been announced as new Argentina manager apparently :up:

First game will be against Scotland :up: :up:

My tickets arrived yesterday :up: :up: :up:

Public sale tickets are available from tomorrow at 9am if anyone was fancying it...

"You put your left hand in...."

According to the radio this morning he is taking over after the Scotland match.

Craig Brewster was caught speeding at Newtonmore last night, 85mph on a 60mph road.

When charged he was asked if he had anything to say in his defense, ''You can't understand what it is like being a Caley Thistle football manager, Constable'' he replied.

''I'd do anything right now for three points!''

Craig Brewster was caught speeding at Newtonmore last night, 85mph on a 60mph road.

When charged he was asked if he had anything to say in his defense, ''You can't understand what it is like being a Caley Thistle football manager, Constable'' he replied.

''I'd do anything right now for three points!''

I've heard that already... except it was about Ramos. Lol.