aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Maxi: make sure you get a copy of the Mo Review this week, there's a brilliant interview with SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS in it.

Going to see Elgin - Forfar before our gig on Saturday. Any excuse for Bunnet abuse!

:up:

ICT Legend Liam Keogh just signed for Elgin City :up:

He'll be a bit overweight after working on the rigs for the last few years, but he'll take apart the 3rd division.

Make sure you get an Elgin pie or two as they are amazing (if Keogh hasn't eaten them all)

Make sure you get an Elgin pie or two as they are amazing (if Keogh hasn't eaten them all)

I haven't been to Borough Briggs since the mid 90's when Elgin were in the HFL (used to be up that way quite regularly through family friends), but I do remember the pies being totally textbook! I'll be in with Donnie and the Bin Laden's Daughter crew, total banter.......

I think Allan Hutton got unfairly slated after last night's game. Fair enough he made a couple of mistakes but, he also carried the ball forward a lot more than probably any other Spurs player on the pitch. He was up and down the line the whole night.

What a game though.

Yeah, he made a couple of shocking mistakes last night but he's come on leaps and bounds since he moved. For most of last nights game he played his socks off. Assou-Ekotto played really well too.

I think Allan Hutton got unfairly slated after last night's game. Fair enough he made a couple of mistakes but, he also carried the ball forward a lot more than probably any other Spurs player on the pitch. He was up and down the line the whole night.

What a game though.

no doubt he`s turned into one of scotlands best current players, and he`s probably one of the first names on the team sheet now, BUT his defending was shocking last night! didnt get goal side for first goal, should have got there before adebayor for his goal and then that shocking pass to the same man for van persie`s goal.

but agree about him doing well going forward.

What's the story with this guy? Has he not been a Spurs for a few seasons and not got a look-in?

Is he a better defender than Gareth Bale, or if 'Arry had a better option for the left side of midfield would Bale play in the back four?

He was injured the whole of last season and most of the season before so failed to make an impact really. He's very similar to Hutton at getting forward. He's not better than Bale in my opinion. Bale has a lot more potential and i have a feeling he'll get used further forward on the left as he can make quite an impact there as well.

I think if we had a better natural left-winger Bale would be first choice left-back.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Ach, getting shagged by Celtic in cup finals was getting boring anyway.

Thoughts for St.Johnstone at home on Saturday? We turned them over 3-0 at McDairmid...

Cup Finals which the "greatest fans in the world" hijacked to indulge in insincere over-sentimental fawning about a player who had recently died when nobody gave a fuck about him in the last 20 years of his life.

I refer to the "Jinky Final" of 2006. It was pathetic. I fucking hate the Tims.

Anyway, back to football instead of tribal trouble. The Farmers have got their act together in recent weeks so we won't piss all over them like we did on their patch. If I predict a win, we'll get humped. So I will not predict.

no doubt he`s turned into one of scotlands best current players, and he`s probably one of the first names on the team sheet now, BUT his defending was shocking last night! didnt get goal side for first goal, should have got there before adebayor for his goal and then that shocking pass to the same man for van persie`s goal.

but agree about him doing well going forward.

Fair point... They were playing Arsenal though, who have the ability to make any defender look like a tit. Spurs defence is just a bit unorganised, the ability is there.

I don't support any English side but I always 'look out' for any scottish player. I'm hoping Hutton tightens up his game and can become a Bosingwa-type steam roller right back.

Cool. I quite like Spurs, but they must be extremely frustrating to support. So much potential!

Similar to Newcastle, I guess, in some respects.

You have no idea. The squad is very good at the moment, though there is a desperate need for an out-and-out goalscorer and a solid defensive midfielder (Defoe/Owen and Veloso/maybe Barton hopefully). I don't see us going down this season at all but the whole seasons a loss really.

I think that Boyd is definitely proving his critics wrong...

Hat-trick in a half hour!! Yas.

...yep - and at today's prices, Boyd has to be the best piece of business in Ranger's history.

12 million for Tore Andre Flo and 1.65 to Killie for Boyd? - in fucking installments as well o_O

We wuz robbed!