aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

3-3 against Rangers at Ibrox. Nice team effort. I really like the team United have this season, there are some really good players kicking about Tannadice these days :)

Not that I'm of the hilariously widely held opinion that Levein's the messiah, but I think it has more to do with the common sense and continuity in his tactics and selections than the ability of the players.

Gomis is nae bad though.

Ah, the old SPL-Club-In-Europe tactic played a blinder last night. Play 10 minutes of football then park the team bus infront of goal. It made for a boring match, which had the potential to be a great match. For Giggs to sneak a goal past Celtic's well disciplined flat-back-ten was quite the achievement. Still, I can't decide if I'd like to see them beat Aalborg to secure 3rd place for automatic relegation into the Uefa Mantlepiece only to get trounced by AC Milan at some point, or to see Aalborg tear them a new one and give them no European stint at all. It's a toughy.

The atmosphere in Parkhead was pretty damn good last night. Being a neutral i was just there to enjoy the game but i found myself wanting Celtic to win. I don't think they did enough tactically in the second half to keep the game going and their substitutions were very negative. However, Man Utd were shockingly bad. Ronaldo was diving all over the place and i guess on another night there would have been a few more bookings than there actually were so all credit to the ref for keeping the game flowing.

I enjoyed it. Cheers UEFA :)

Most teams are shockingly bad against a ten man defence. Remember when Barnsley shut out Chelsea in the FA Cup last season by keeping everyone in a red shirt in and around the penalty area? Anyone can do it, and it's painful to watch. And it's Man United. They were obviously going to score at some point. Celtic should have played for a comfortable win and not done a Rangers. With the inexperienced Ben Foster in goal, they could have had a shot from the halfway line and hoped for an awkward rebound.

Van Der Sar could have saved the lob. The replay shows such a minimal stretch from Foster, although it was a nice goal, it was fairly bad goalkeeping too.

From watching the game on telly with replays, Ronaldo didn't dive, but he did make a meal of a good few challenges which is a bit annoying to see. The worst exaggeration of the night was seeing Brown make a very delayed meal of Ronaldo's ankle tap, which was inexcusable, but what an embarassing reaction. Faux crying and everything. What an absolute fairy. If I was a player, I'd happily take a red card and a 12 month ban to punch a soaking wet fanny like that right in the fucking mouth.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Enough of the prawn sarnie pish and back to the real football:

Airdrie (notice how the "United" bit has been quietly dropped) 1-3 Dunfermline

That's more like it, back up there in the chase for SPHell football, the coagies on Saturday...

:up:

Hoping to see a Dons win at Tannadice for the first time EVER. And i've been about 20 times.

Was saying the same to my sister on the way home from football last night, i must have made that trip 10 or 15 times and not seen us win. But i am not going to make it this weekend so 3-0 to the Dons is on the cards :S

Before this season I think i'd seen ICT play Aberdeen 15 times without a win, home and away :(

Could be another couple of years till the next if we slip into Division 1....

Still hoping Killie collapse, as my 30 odd bet at 14-1 for a Killie relegation would make a lovely summer holiday windfall :)