aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Right that's me ready for tomorrow. Kilt, 1990 World Cup replica top, sporran, glengarry, pheasant feathers all laid out and ready. Capri Sun screw top carton filled with vodka in the fridge and arrangements confirmed to meet at the Balaclava bar for 8am, then supporters bus at 8.30am.

Ipod set up to play this as my alarm tomorrow morning...

James Mcfadden wonder goal feat phil coulter and radio Tay,scotland, 5 live | Odeo: Search, Discover and Share Digital Media from Millions of Audio and Video Clips

Here is the (pretty much) confirmed team, as they were using this selection in a closed door match the other day.

Gordon

Broadfoot

Weir

Caldwell

Naysmith

Morrison

Fletcher

Brown

Maloney

McFadden

Iwelumo

Happy with that, hope it does the business...

Alba Gu Brath :love:

Right that's me ready for tomorrow. Kilt, 1990 World Cup replica top, sporran, glengarry, pheasant feathers all laid out and ready. Capri Sun screw top carton filled with vodka in the fridge and arrangements confirmed to meet at the Balaclava bar for 8am, then supporters bus at 8.30am.

Ipod set up to play this as my alarm tomorrow morning...

James Mcfadden wonder goal feat phil coulter and radio Tay,scotland, 5 live | Odeo: Search, Discover and Share Digital Media from Millions of Audio and Video Clips

Here is the (pretty much) confirmed team, as they were using this selection in a closed door match the other day.

Gordon

Broadfoot

Weir

Caldwell

Naysmith

Morrison

Fletcher

Brown

Maloney

McFadden

Iwelumo

Happy with that, hope it does the business...

Alba Gu Brath :love:

Great combination of old and shit in the back 4 :up:

Midfield and upfront look good (I've never seen Iwelumo play.....the stats don't lie though, he's clearly a goal machine).

• Upvote 1

We have Airdrie

We beat them in the Challenge Cup final the year we won the 1st Division; 2-0 win with Paul Ritchie and David Bingham scoring for us if I remember correctly. McDairmid Park with the cut out fans, nice pie and drunkenly threw up outside a Perth pub before the game: Good times :up:

Guest idol_wild

4-5-1 at home in front of a full house when we really need to win?

Bizarre. And don't tell me that a 4-5-1 is an attacking formation, because it's not.

In fact, we played a 4-1-4-1 more than anything.

Burley is still on the booze.

4-5-1 at home in front of a full house when we really need to win?

Bizarre. And don't tell me that a 4-5-1 is an attacking formation, because it's not.

In fact, we played a 4-1-4-1 more than anything.

Burley is still on the booze.

I'd be happy enough if it was more like 4-3-3, with McFadden and Maloney playing off - and I know this is crazy, in a home game against mediocre opposition - a recognised fucking striker. As overrated as I think he is, I'd have started Fletcher, and I've had Boyd on later on.

Definitely nae a Burley fan either.

Trust those who are rubbish to decide if George Burley deserves a longer stay... Tacticts were poor in first half, and 10mins later he brings on a bold formation and line up change which were spot on.

To be honest, I think we were unlucky and anyone who thinks otherwise... is silly...

.. and would probably want the likes of Lee 'ice skater' Miller and Scott 'Still wishes he was at hearts' Severin instead of the likes of Iwelumo and S.Fletcher doing their best.

Trust those who are rubbish to decide if George Burley deserves a longer stay... Tacticts were poor in first half, and 10mins later he brings on a bold formation and line up change which were spot on.

To be honest, I think we were unlucky and anyone who thinks otherwise... is silly...

.. and would probably want the likes of Lee 'ice skater' Miller and Scott 'Still wishes he was at hearts' Severin instead of the likes of Iwelumo and S.Fletcher doing their best.

A truly heroic post, made even better by the fact that it was posted at 3:16am.

:laughing: