aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Not true, sir! I was there when Caley completed an unbelievable comeback from 0-3 down at half-time to beat Ayr Utd 4-3 in the cup about 8 years ago.
I also was present at said match, but those high scoring games came along so often that I got used to them. I also remember a 7-3 win against Ayr

Anybody got any examples that don't involve Ayr getting beat? :moody:

I had three attempts at a 180 last week but couldn't convert any of them. Was hitting double 10 on a 66% success rate though :up:.

I had 5 attempts at the 180 in a 5 leg friendly match at the Tilted Wig and couldn't convert any either (even bent the wire twice and had a bounce out). So close to getting my name on the 180 chalkboard :down:

I had 5 attempts at the 180 in a 5 leg friendly match at the Tilted Wig and couldn't convert any either (even bent the wire twice and had a bounce out). So close to getting my name on the 180 chalkboard :down:

I've still never had one. Need to find somewhere to play in Glasgow.

Keny Miller has withdrawn from the Scotland squad which leaves Kris Boyd as the only recognised stiker for the Norway game.... Burley has decided not to replace him. I assume then it'll be Boyd up front on his own and McFadden playing behind him.

I'm not sure how I feel about that. We'll probably miss having a striker who can run.

Fletcher has been named as captain, which isn't very surprising. I saw a few of the tabloids were backing McFadden for the armband... LAWL.

I still need a ticket for Sat.... Does anyone have any for sale............ ?????

For future advice, sign up to the SFA Mailing list as they give details of public sale ballots for games. There were 19000 requests for 9000 tickets the other week, so it was between 1 and 4 chance and 1 in 2 chance of getting a ticket (since you could of been allotcated 1 or 2 tickets based on preference).

I'm just about to book our tickets for the Argentina game today, after they went on sale this morning. Still haven't even got money from the boys for Norway tickets yet! Expensive month :down:

3 more sleeps... :love:

Bit of Dons news in amongst the international stuff:

Mulgrew's red card will not be overturned, proving once again that the SFA is an ass.

Dons lose Mulgrew red appeal | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

That cunt Alan Maybury is maybe signing for Hearts:

Hearts door ajar for Maybury | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

And one from the weird corner:

Robbie Winters in "Come and get me" plea to Dons.

Robbie: I can haul Dons up the SPL - Evening Express

Tonight's EE says the Dons will NOT take Robbie back (thank God/Aluko!).

I'm sure it was never actually a story but if it ever had been I'd have been quite happy. Nae other cunt scoring goals except Mulgrew. In fact I'm starting a bring back Winters petition. Who's with me?!