aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Did this happen then? I don't "take" the NOTW.

Never happened in the end, but the rumour mill has been in overdrive to the extent that Brewster and a certain player will be getting pelters from opposition fans for quite a while. Already suggestions that he'll step down and John Robertson/Duncan Shearer will be taking over...

I doubt the papers will be silent for much longer either. Watch this space!!

Maxi, I've heard Davie Bingham mentioned for the Montrose job up here. Just a rumour mind, but he's an intelligent bloke who knows how to play the game.

Wasn't sure if it was a penalty or not, too busy quaffing free booze in the corporate box to care. :up:

Did you enjoy your prawn sandwiches?! ;)

Pretty sure the thread is just entitled "Brewster" and was only closed down yesterday; so should still be able to read.

It's still readable.

The Red Tops are a waste of paper and ink. If that story, whether or not true, is all they can think about printing then really I think we should all become journalists. Appears to be easy money.

What difference should the rumour make to his ability to manage ICT?! It's all a bit ridiculous.

What difference should the rumour make to his ability to manage ICT?! It's all a bit ridiculous.

It shouldn't, and I doubt any real ICT fans would want him out as a result. To be honest most fans still want him out for all the dross performances this season; i'm in the minority of fans who thinks he's doing a decent job.

However, if certain knuckledraggers are still getting their jollies from singing all this sectarian pish I doubt they'll see the right to respect Brewster's privacy.

These are still rumours at this stage I may add. Which is all people need I suppose for it to be "truth" ala Boyd/Ferguson coke stories, Stuart Cummings and 15 year old girl (?), Pearson punching Strachan story, and something similar involving Josh Walker?

Fucking hell, just had a look at your squad. Got enough Ex-Dundee Utd players?

its a common thing that ex dundee / dundee utd / aberdeen etc end up playing for the angus teams as many of them live in this neck of the woods and it suits with part time football (training twice per week and match at weekend) and work commitments.

The Champions League is ace. United's Rafael looks like a bright spark, although right back might not be his natural born position as he was more of an attacking midfielder last night. Pulled off some great shots and runs, but was caught out of position alot and his tackling was sloppy. United are down a few central midfielders due to injury, so stick that kid in the middle. He'll run with it and never stop. Although with Carrick and Scholes out and Hargreaves getting injured everytime he ties the laces on his boots, there's no ball retention in the midfield.... John O'Shea is shit!

At least Celtic lost. The Champions League acts as a nice reminder that neither of the old firm sides are really any good.

I like Iwelumo as a player, he's got good presence and an eye for goal. The real problem is that he's on a 3game suspension just now, meaning that by the time the Norway game comes around, he won't have kicked a competitive ball in nearly a month. Hmmmm, not ideal preparation for making your debut.

Jamie McAllister was ding at Pittodrie but appears to be a different proposition these days. I can't see him dislodging Naysmith, but we're seriously short of left-back cover.

Love from Christy