aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Fraserburgh 6 Hawick Royal Albert 3 in the first round of the Scottish Cup.

It really could have been more as we bombarded their goal but kept missing, we could have had double figures easily.

Unfortunately I missed 3 goals, Fraserburgh's first as I didn't turn up till 3.05, missed Hawick's second as a I was still enjoying my half time pint (the beauty of highland league football, they open the gates and let you go to the pub at half time) and Hawicks third as I was having a piss. Still, 6 goals for 7 is good value for money in anyone's books.

'Mon the 9 goal thrillers! Hopefully another easy draw for the 2nd round.

Dirty Tims.

Robbed.

Somebody's gonna report you to that Nil By Mouth lot min ;)

Vennegoor has well and truly replaced Chris Sutton in my eyes:

Big and strong - check

Constantly flailing arms - check

Allowed to throw his weight about unpunished - check

Only difference is he doesn't have half of Sutton's ability.

Oh and is it just me or should the players that absolutely gifted Celtic their goals be taking just as much stick as Mackie is for missing that chance at the end?

my highpoint of the weekend footy (apart from cambridge getting a 94th min winner against grays yesterday (and from a dodgy pen an all)) was the joe kinnear interview on football focus where he said 'shit' live on air! everytime i see kinnear i just think mike bassett!

some goal by giovanni to help hull to a win at the emirates!

Not sure anyone here cares about the second tier of English football, but my god. Wade Small's darting run though the whole defence to smash in an equaliser against Charlton was sensational.

I'm starting to think we just might not get relegated and go into administration afterall. if Wade stays fit, and Jeffers eventually finds form, we could easily push for a playoff spot. Obviously, if we did hit Premier League status, everyone would forget all about "doing a Derby". It'd be renamed to doing a 'Wednesday', by ending the season on zero points and a goal difference into the negative hundreds.

Come on!

If rumours are true Mr Craig Brewster could have a lot of column inches in the NOTW tomorrow... and not much of it will be talking about our 3-1 win.

Should be an interesting read :popcorn:

Did this happen then? I don't "take" the NOTW.

In other news, had a great day out at Old Trafford. Wasn't sure if it was a penalty or not, too busy quaffing free booze in the corporate box to care. :up: