aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

There have been a lot of 'journeymen' signed of late (although they seem in need of a sat-nav system), so maybe Homer as 'motivational coach' would work :up:

McGhee - probably your best bet

Keegan - aye, he'd arrive in a blaze of glory, get yooz 3 or 4 big wins in a row, then quit out of the blue like he's done with every managerial job he's had.

Jefferies - he and Brooner have just signed an extended deal with us. He's under no pressure at the Theatre of Pies, so it's unlikely he'd want the hassle at his age.

Homer - he'd introduce the concept of "business hammocks" to Pittodrie. He did a good job for Hank Scorpio though 8-)

The Dons are getting right on my tits now. I'm planning on heading to the Hibs game, but I'm worried that I'm going to be bitterly disappointed. I hardly get to go to the games due to work, so it would be nice to see us actually winning a fucking game for a change.

We need proper training facilities, because the only thing the team seems to win consistently is injuries in training. They can't shoot for shit, they're scared to shoot from outside the 18 yard box, and do nothing but try and walk the ball into the box. Shite. I have more potential in my pinky finger than that team has at the moment.

If I was Jimmy, I'd be laying down the law. Curfews, the whole lot. The team need to perform, and if that means implanting some form of discipline into them, then so be it. They're a fucking shower of shite.

End rant.

i still fail to see why JC played his second choice keeper. fair enough against ayr, etc, but this was killie away, and a bit of a 'must win', all things considered...

why make it more difficult for yourself?

Thinking back, he's always fucked about with the team (even more so than usual, if that's possible) in the early rounds of the League Cup. Balloon.

The Dons are getting right on my tits now. I'm planning on heading to the Hibs game, but I'm worried that I'm going to be bitterly disappointed. I hardly get to go to the games due to work, so it would be nice to see us actually winning a fucking game for a change.

We need proper training facilities, because the only thing the team seems to win consistently is injuries in training. They can't shoot for shit, they're scared to shoot from outside the 18 yard box, and do nothing but try and walk the ball into the box. Shite. I have more potential in my pinky finger than that team has at the moment.

If I was Jimmy, I'd be laying down the law. Curfews, the whole lot. The team need to perform, and if that means implanting some form of discipline into them, then so be it. They're a fucking shower of shite.

End rant.

... and breathe...

i still fail to see why JC played his second choice keeper. fair enough against ayr, etc, but this was killie away, and a bit of a 'must win', all things considered...

why make it more difficult for yourself?

I think it makes sense to go with your second choice keeper in the League Cup. It shows him you have confidence in them and gives them valuable competitive game experience which they don't get in the reserves.

Bossu might learn from his mistakes in the game with Killie in a "diddy" cup, whereas if Clangers was injured, for say 3 months, and Bossu had to take over with no experience of playing in front of the Dons faithful, he might makes those mistakes when it really matters, in the SPL or Scottish Cup.

We have Ryan Esson playing all our League Cup games, and from what i've heard he has done very well. Seeing him against St Johnstone in a 4-2 friendly win also made me a lot more assured of him performing well in competitive games should Fraser get injured/suspended.

when their form's this random, i'd still rather have clangers at the back though. especially given The Management been banging on about how they realise cup runs are vital...

when aberdeen lost that league decider 2-0 at ibrox, they looked mentally shattered by the experience for a good season or two. hopefully the QOS result hasn't had a similar effect on the current squad.

or we're buggered :)

Heard from a reliable source that Tango leaves decisions on signing goalkeepers to Leighton. Oddly, since Leighton became goalkeeping coach at the Pitt, the Dandies haven't had a decent keeper....

Correlation? Oh yes.

Should have signed Mike Kula from us when you had the chance lads :up: