aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

The Scottish Cup starts next weekend folks. I'm going up to Bellslea Park to watch Fraserburgh vs Hawick Royal Albert..... whoever the fuck they are. 'Mon the grassroots level!

First Round Draw

Rothes V Buckie Thistle

Golspie Sutherland V Threave Rovers

Banks O Dee V Fort William

Lochee United V Bathgate Thistle

Selkirk V Coldstream

St Cuthbert Wanderers V Wick Academy

Fraserburgh V Hawick Royal Albert

Newton Stewart V Brora Rangers

Huntly V Girvan

Pollok V Spartans

Edinburgh City V Nairn County

Inverurie Loco Works V Deveronvale

Dalbeattie Star V Lossiemouth

Edinburgh University V Civil Service Strollers

Preston Athletic V Gala Fairydean

Wigtown & Bladnoch V Forres Mechanics

Clachnacuddin V Burntisland Shipyard Amateur

Glasgow University V Vale of Leithen

Words fail me re the Dons result :down:

Well, me toooooo...

Dundee United must be the worst footballing team in the SPL and how we hadn't wipe them aside in the first half I don't know. Big up Tommy Wright, one good move and it was a nice basketball move that gifted DU a win as they wouldn't have scored otherwise. That said being we don't have any strikers we aren't going to do any better.

The only bright light is Aluko but all his hard work comes to nothing when the guys in the box ain't got a clue.

Apathy reigns supremeo_O

Well, me toooooo...

Dundee United must be the worst footballing team in the SPL and how we hadn't wipe them aside in the first half I don't know. Big up Tommy Wright, one good move and it was a nice basketball move that gifted DU a win as they wouldn't have scored otherwise. That said being we don't have any strikers we aren't going to do any better.

The only bright light is Aluko but all his hard work comes to nothing when the guys in the box ain't got a clue.

Apathy reigns supremeo_O

I'm beyond apathy if that exists.

meanwhile down in blue square tinpot premier league land, i witnessed cambridge get a decent 1-1 draw away at mansfield. the referee was a wanker but thats to be expected at this toilet level of 'football' over 500 united fans in good voice in a decent ground only spoiled by stupid stewards being jobsworths and telling folk to sit down. apparently one of the stewards got sacked!!!

yeah can't complain about the result, we're deffo gonna put in a push for promotion this season though recent form of one win in six is a little worrying.

It's a bit bizarre watching that video. But I think the newspaper, as always, have taken a wonderful twist on the whole thing, considering the words have been changed, great headline... it'll have people thinking a lot worse that just a reworked 'churchy' version of Simply The Best. He is a minister after all, and he has to do whatever he can to get people to go to his services I reckon, since it's not exactly... the 'done' thing these days.

Obviously a slow news day today.

It's a bit bizarre watching that video. But I think the newspaper, as always, have taken a wonderful twist on the whole thing, considering the words have been changed, great headline... it'll have people thinking a lot worse that just a reworked 'churchy' version of Simply The Best. He is a minister after all, and he has to do whatever he can to get people to go to his services I reckon, since it's not exactly... the 'done' thing these days.

Obviously a slow news day today.

There are a ridiculous amount of hymns that tell God how great he is, but he chose to use this song the day after Rangers beat Celtic o_O Considering all the controversy he's attracted with his refereeing performances and mad shagging, you'd think he'd be trying to keep his head down. He's either really really stupid, or craves the attention...

There are a ridiculous amount of hymns that tell God how great he is, but he chose to use this song the day after Rangers beat Celtic o_O Considering all the controversy he's attracted with his refereeing performances and mad shagging, you'd think he'd be trying to keep his head down. He's either really really stupid, or craves the attention...

I suppose... I reckon he's just really really stupid. There's no way you would crave this sort of attention that would attack your personal life... Surely?!

No wonder we're all paranoid (every supporter, regardless of the team is paranoid) about refereeing decisions and the like when stories like this come out.

Suppose that's what the 'Red Tops' are good for!!

Lets be fair, the McCurry song thing apparently happened back in March, way before his mad shagging was revealed. Still a complete numpty though...

On proper football related matters, we're top of the league until 5pm today, when we'll drop to second. Good while it lasts :up:

4-0 win yesterday, never in doubt at all. Magic!

Lets be fair

Unlike McCurry? :love:

Actually... he's had some good games refereeing ICT games, so i've nothing personal against him. He also played a huge part in producing the Craig Levein rant last season and for that I thank him!

Would still be cacking myself if we were against Rangers and he was the man in the middle though :down:

I had the best day of watching football today!

Went to see my home village play in a cup final against our fierce rivals. And it was an eventful 2-1 win after extra time, which saw an awesome goal, a penalty and a saved pen!

All in all good afternoons entertainment. It did mean missing the Man Utd/Chelsea game though.