aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Ross, it's half5 in the fudding morning! You're an example to your kiddies ;-)

Love from Christy

I blame the Liverpool/St Mirren supporting teacher I was drinking with...

I'm thinking I must've got home early evening-ish and went straight to bed. My body having had its 8 hours sleep awoke me at 5.30am... which suggests I got in at 9.30pm?

Anyways... rubbish day yesterday for ICT and the Dons :down:

dick_campbell_pthistle_crop.jpg

Dick "Bunnet" Campbell, 56, was robbed on Saturday at around 4.45pm in Station Park Forfar. Witnessed described the raider as 6ft 1 ish in height, skinheaded and was quoted as shouting "get it RIGHT fucking up ye" after the incident. Police have released an identikit drawing and encourage any further information from the public

Scott-Anson.gif

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I think we should go to a 16 team Premier League, with the 12 current teams, plus Dundee, Dunfermline, Livi and St Johnstone, who are all SPL worthy. This would allow some of the teams from the EOSL and the HFL the chance to step up as well. Who's with me?

I was with you until you included Livi, a team with no history or heritage.

:up:

I think we should go to a 16 team Premier League, with the 12 current teams, plus Dundee, Dunfermline, Livi and St Johnstone, who are all SPL worthy. This would allow some of the teams from the EOSL and the HFL the chance to step up as well. Who's with me?

I think it's a ding idea. More meaningless games for everyone. With one or two teams going down and only two teams competing for the title, we won't get any extra European places so it's basically the same three or so teams competing for one European slot. Our league is boring enough as it is, without more games against similarly average or slightly worse teams.

Plus, there's the loss of revenue for most clubs. Teams rely on gate receipts, and going from 38 games to (presumably) 30 won't cut it. And not to mention the loss of revenue from missing out one or two OF games per season. A non-starter, IMO.

Love from Christy