aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

What the hell is Boyd playing at?

I heard Burley's interview yesterday and thought it was a bit harsh for him to say that about Boyd. The fact of the matter is, the boy scores goals for fuck sake.

But still, no need for Boyd to act like a total knob to the detriment of our qualifying campaign. Dick.

He'll no longer be a fans favourite.

Trust those who are rubbish to decide if George Burley deserves a longer stay... Tacticts were poor in first half, and 10mins later he brings on a bold formation and line up change which were spot on.

To be honest, I think we were unlucky and anyone who thinks otherwise... is silly...

.. and would probably want the likes of Lee 'ice skater' Miller and Scott 'Still wishes he was at hearts' Severin instead of the likes of Iwelumo and S.Fletcher doing their best.

Well, at least you're being objective about it.

What the hell is Boyd playing at?

I heard Burley's interview yesterday and thought it was a bit harsh for him to say that about Boyd. The fact of the matter is, the boy scores goals for fuck sake.

But still, no need for Boyd to act like a total knob to the detriment of our qualifying campaign. Dick.

He'll no longer be a fans favourite.

When was he a fan favourite before? I've hated the fucker since he signed for Rangers. I don't put my club rivalries aside for Scotland games, Barry Ferguson for example, is a minky little cunt regardless of what colour of shirt he's wearing.

When was he a fan favourite before? I've hated the fucker since he signed for Rangers. I don't put my club rivalries aside for Scotland games, Barry Ferguson for example, is a minky little cunt regardless of what colour of shirt he's wearing.

Anyone else reckon Barry the Crab, MBE will from internationals at the end of this campaign? Fingers crossed.

Guest idol_wild
Trust those who are rubbish to decide if George Burley deserves a longer stay... Tacticts were poor in first half, and 10mins later he brings on a bold formation and line up change which were spot on.

To be honest, I think we were unlucky and anyone who thinks otherwise... is silly...

.. and would probably want the likes of Lee 'ice skater' Miller and Scott 'Still wishes he was at hearts' Severin instead of the likes of Iwelumo and S.Fletcher doing their best.

Way off the mark, Ross.

You always have to throw an tenuous Aberdeen Football Club reference into every post, it seems. Lee Miller and Severin are nowhere near international standard. I think everyone recognises that.

For anyone to suggest Scotland were unlucky, though, is sheer folly.

Carew could (and should) have scored at least a hat-trick.

I don't care what club he plays for, the guy does the job for Scotland. Our problem is having a good finisher in the team imo.

Boyd is better than Iwulemo(sp?), Miller and whoever else they put up front so I think this is balls.

O my God. I can't believe that miss from Iwelumo. Two yards out, open goal. Good God.

Love from Christy

As soon as he got to that ball everyone in the bar I was in jumped up, I think we all made the assumption that as soon as he got to it, it would automatically have to be in. How wrong we were......

Still, what do you expect from an ex-Ayr bastard :swearing:

The fact he's ex-Ayr has been one of his few saving graces in my eyes!

No cup final this year then. Fucking raging.

totally not :up:

Pish game, waste of my afternoon.

As soon as he got to that ball everyone in the bar I was in jumped up, I think we all made the assumption that as soon as he got to it, it would automatically have to be in. How wrong we were......

I was halfway across the living room when I realised it'd gone wide.

It was only after the commentators realised it had gone wide and hadn't been ruled out for offside (about 3 hours later) that my dear father also realised Iwelumo had actually missed... Time to stick the auld man in a home, I feel... :up:

Pish game, waste of my afternoon.

Waste of my entire day, I had to be up at 9am with a bastard of a hangover! The first half was probably the worst 45 I've seen since the fucking Bunnet was in charge. Second half we were camped in their half, but absolutely no cutting edge whatsoever. Buchanan needs match time, Roberts needs to go in January: he's been a good servant for us, but he's gone shot-shy recently. We missed Harkins badly today.

More whisky needed.

still not :up:

He looks like the black guy in the Shining, just after getting the axe from Jack Nicholson!!

The improbably named Scatman Crothers.

Best line:

"Larry, just between you and me, we got a very serious problem with the people taking care of the place. They turned out to be completely unreliable assholes.

The improbably named Scatman Crothers.

Best line:

"Larry, just between you and me, we got a very serious problem with the people taking care of the place. They turned out to be completely unreliable assholes.

That line could easily apply to the Scotland job. The good ones (McLeish, Smith, Stein) fuck off and/or die and the diddies (Roxburgh, Broon, Vogts) hang around too long.

lol, yeah, never thought of it that way. Although I would defend Brown's record, he actually did OK.

His record was acceptable - but the standard of football was poor. His boring play-safe attitude was frustrating. And I'm sure if Dodds, Durie or Gallagher had got hospitalised, he'd have wheeled them onto the park with the IV drips still in!

Let me qualify that statement by saying that when my beloved Killie won the old 1st Div in '64/65, the crowds were actually down because of Willie Waddell's back-pedalling tactics. Fortunately I wasn't around to witness it :up: - but the older guys I used to work with said it was dire to watch - yet on paper, you'd think it was our greatest season ever.

Roxburgh, Brown & Vogts represent the absolute nadir of Scottish football for me - and this fucking non-talking pie we have it the helm now is trying his hardest to live up to their reputations.

Well, I'd rather have boring football taking us to Euro 96 and France 98 and then an exciting play off with England than "glorious failure" under Smith and McLeish, although thinking about it their 4-5-1 system wasn't exactly total football either.

Lets face it, we're never going to have a squad of superstars, and if life gives you lemons, make lemonade, that's what Brown did.