aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

4-2 Aberdeen, what the hell is going on??

This match was absolutely astounding to watch. Not in a high-class football way, just entertaining.

What I found interesting was that for the first 25 minutes of the second half, Aberdeen's approach was way off (for me, at least). Sitting back and throwing 9 players behind the ball is a really good way to concede a goal. Then when Celtic scored, it kicked them into gear again.

All the same, will be interesting to see if the same happens again next week.

This match was absolutely astounding to watch. Not in a high-class football way, just entertaining.

What I found interesting was that for the first 25 minutes of the second half, Aberdeen's approach was way off (for me, at least). Sitting back and throwing 9 players behind the ball is a really good way to concede a goal. Then when Celtic scored, it kicked them into gear again.

All the same, will be interesting to see if the same happens again next week.

Musta been a different first half from the one i was watching. Don's were at them from the whistle and had created a few chances before the ball even made into their own half.

Cracking game. After a shit first half to the season it looks like we are going to get a belter of second half!

MacDougalls sports bar. Isn't it in Portlethen? I may be wrong.

He's taken over the Criterion, which is now the Frank McDougal Sports Bar.

Well chuffed I went today. Due to my other commitments I can only go to Sunday or midweek games and had never bothered with the games against either of the Old Firm which leaves me in the enviable position of never having seen the Dons do anything against the OF other than win by 2 goals :up:

I dislike Celtic alot, but I like Strachan. He's got alot more personality than alot of managers and players, who might as well be chunks of plywood with a face drawn on. Most football personalities just shouldn't be allowed to talk. Strachan seems like a quality guy though. My favourite Strachan moment was when he was the manager of Coventry City in the mid 90's. Just after they'd been trounced by ManYoo, the post-game interviewer asked him "So in what areas do you think United dominated the game today?" to which he replied "How about that big green area out there?" Great stuff!

He used to be funny.

He's just a bitter prick these days.

An arsehole when anyone asks him a question.

Walks out of press conferences.

Gives one word answers.

Can never admit when his team have been beaten fair and square.

So it was good to get it right up him yesterday.

he's coming across as glib and patronising nowadays rather than funny. His "witty" one-liners seem overly thought out & trying too hard. And they seem to hide the fact that he's under pressue.

He used to be funny.

He's just a bitter prick these days.

An arsehole when anyone asks him a question.

Walks out of press conferences.

Gives one word answers.

Can never admit when his team have been beaten fair and square.

So it was good to get it right up him yesterday.

Maybe you're right. I haven't taken as much notice of him since he's been in the SPL.