aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Are you a fan of Gordon Strachan?

I can't quite decide. He can be an utter cock in press conferences etc but he can be quite funny as well.

In terms of what he's done with Celtic on the football pitch is a bit hot and cold. He's delivered 3 in a row on a much smaller budget than his predecessor. Folk argue that he's been up against a poor Rangers, but I think it's all dictated by the financial climate. Rangers have continued to splash more cash than they can afford, and if they don't win the league this year, they're fucked basically. He's thrown up some stinking players, but then so did O'Neill et. al. I think he's done a pretty good job with the resources available to him, and I don't think he should be sacked by any stretch of the imagination. The football is sometimes pretty, sometimes horrible - but he was put in there to reduce the wage bill/debt and hopefully deliver some on pitch success. 3 league titles out of 3, last 16 in the Champions League 2 years in a row can't be argued with really.

At the end of the day though, he'll always be a sheep shagging bastard..... ;)

Next Inverness Manager odds from Willhill

John Robertson 11/8

Derek McInnes 9/2

Neale Cooper 9/2

Steven Pressley 6/1

Duncan Shearer 10/1

Jim Duffy 10/1

Barry Wilson 12/1

Derek Adams 12/1

Donald Park 12/1

Ally McCoist 14/1

Steve Paterson 16/1

Craig Brown 25/1

Terry Butcher 25/1 :up:

Those are some pretty amazing odds considering some of the rumours i've heard today! I'm going to do a bit more investigating....

Fuck investigating, get down to the bookies before someone tips them off!

Fuck investigating, get down to the bookies before someone tips them off!

Put a 10 on it last night at 20/1. Within 24 hours, he's now been installed as favourite!! So there could be some truth behind it :up:

Next Permanent Inverness Manager

Terry Butcher 9/4

John Robertson 3/1 :love:

Gordon Chisholm 5/1

Archie Knox 11/2 :puke:

Barry Wilson 6/1

Derek McInnes 8/1

Eric Black 8/1 :love:

Steven Pressley 10/1

Kevin MacDonald 12/1 :love:

Neale Cooper 12/1

Colin Calderwood 14/1

Bruce Rioch 14/1

Colin Hendry 16/1

Maurice Malpas 16/1 :puke:

Jim Duffy 18/1 :puke:

Charlie Christie 20/1

Derek Adams 20/1 :puke:

Duncan Shearer 25/1

Bobby Williamson 33/1 :puke:

Steve Paterson 33/1

Craig Brown 33/1 :puke:

Others on request

will give kelly a run for his money, been making a heap of mistakes recently

RECENTLY? For Greg Kelly, listening when his career advisor said "try goalkeeping" was a mistake!

Gibson may also be on his way to the second division

Can't see him going to that mob to be honest. Can we have him if you don't want him? :up:

greg kelly was outstanding for us during pre season and the first few months of the season, so much so that st johnstone wanted him (as he was training with them full time) and it was due to go through in jan but Peaty got injured (again) and we had to recall him

you never know, im happy for gibby to stay, although, since he went to you lot his attacking game went out the window, his shooting is shocking these days

JB has been at left back recently and has been terrible, easily our best player in centre back or mid though but we are short in numbers

Hegs has been a revelation at right back though

martin wood has been training with us since he left keith and played in a bounce game tonight too, id have him back

Put a 10 on it last night at 20/1. Within 24 hours, he's now been installed as favourite!! So there could be some truth behind it :up:

Next Permanent Inverness Manager

Terry Butcher 9/4

John Robertson 3/1 :love:

Gordon Chisholm 5/1

Archie Knox 11/2 :puke:

Barry Wilson 6/1

Derek McInnes 8/1

Eric Black 8/1 :love:

Steven Pressley 10/1

Kevin MacDonald 12/1 :love:

Neale Cooper 12/1

Colin Calderwood 14/1

Bruce Rioch 14/1

Colin Hendry 16/1

Maurice Malpas 16/1 :puke:

Jim Duffy 18/1 :puke:

Charlie Christie 20/1

Derek Adams 20/1 :puke:

Duncan Shearer 25/1

Bobby Williamson 33/1 :puke:

Steve Paterson 33/1

Craig Brown 33/1 :puke:

Others on request

No Ossie Ardiles on that list?

Back page of the P&J today says he wants the job.

greg kelly was outstanding for us during pre season and the first few months of the season, so much so that st johnstone wanted him (as he was training with them full time) and it was due to go through in jan but Peaty got injured (again) and we had to recall him

you never know, im happy for gibby to stay, although, since he went to you lot his attacking game went out the window, his shooting is shocking these days

JB has been at left back recently and has been terrible, easily our best player in centre back or mid though but we are short in numbers

Hegs has been a revelation at right back though

martin wood has been training with us since he left keith and played in a bounce game tonight too, id have him back

Greg did pretty well for us - for 80 minutes a game. I remember his debut against Morton vivdly. 2-1 up with 10 minutes to go, and then lost it 4-2. We also levelled away to Stranraer with 10 minutes left, only for Kelly to throw the ball into his own net. D'oh!

I'd kill for any of JB, Gibby or Hegs back in our midfield, and the versatitlity of JB and Hegs is a real bonus in a tight squad. Still gutted we let all three go :down:

Stranrear are fucked very soon, unless they offload Gregory Tade and his astronomical 650pw wage (that will almost certainly mean relegation for em though)

they should also can their reserve side in the meantime (if they have one)

As for Highland league, the Elgin board are plotting to get back into the highland league according to the Elgin fans I was playing darts with before the Mo vs Elgin game a few weeks back. It would def be a step backwards for the club, which has done well to establish itself in the SFL. As much as I dislike Annan fans who have jumped on the bandwagon / portray themselves as the good time boys in the league, Elgin could do with adopting Annan Athletic's community spirit.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Highland League clubs take note: the door may be opening again.....

Stranraer survival in doubt | Scottish Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

That'd be a shame, Stranraer are one of the oldest surviving teams in Scotland. At least they've got history and heritage behind them unlike a good many SFL teams, even if they've won fuck all. I'd far rather see someone like Livingston go down the tubes.

Or, preferably, F*****k. Just because.

Bring back Third Lanark...

yup, as mentioned earlier. will be a good signing as we had our u17 keeper as back up for last month or two. bullock could probably take the no1 slot on sat with kelly dropping to bench.

He lives locally, wants part time for a while, and is a proven keeper.

We also signed gordon pope from dundee united at LB, possibly as a loan deal, not sure on details as yet