aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Does it not bore the fuck out of you that you just expect to win every game without 'hard fighting' for it?

I don't expect to win. I don't think I worded that properly.

I just mean I'd rather the team played better than just scraping by or making it super duper hard work. There's exciting games such as the previously mentioned 3-3 game or the Dons win over Celtic (it sounded exciting) and then there's just the dreadfully dull fights for a point. I just want to win the league and get some more enjoyable European nights again. That's all.

Boruc's penalty was completely immense. I thought Zaluska's was good, but Boruc well and truly humped that idea!

Good to see Craig Bellendamy scoring on his debut (the first time he's done so in about 8 million attempts!), and Robinho putting his touchy touchy arrest aside to provide a great assist for SWP :up:

Piss off Nev ;).

Kevin Davies to Newcastle apparrently. I wouldn't have wanted him a couple of years ago but I think he's just the kind of player we need at the moment (and by that I mean he's better than Nicky Butt!). Heard ramblings about Miguel Veloso too although I'd be astounded if he wanted to join us.

Charles N'Zogbia can get the fuck out, moody little prick. I think he's a fantastic little player but his attitude is sickening. Get him out.

Steven Fletcher to Celtic? I for one am not keen on this, as I'd just imagine he would just warm the bench and his career would be ruined. It really annoys me when the Old Firm come in and buy young talent like this and not play them, and this is coming from a Celtic fan!

I second this... Willo Flood will be the same.

Rangers have done the same previously and it does my head in. Not cool.

The activity seems to have ramped up today :up:

Richie Foran and some Leicester youth signed up to the end of the season, former Hibs/Muvverwell midfielder Brian Kerr training with the squad, Jim Paterson and Stevie Smith rumoured to be signing on loan.

Quite happy with the signings. No doubt someone will come on and say 'Butcher signing his old players yadda yadda', but they are proven SPL players who will work hard for him and hopefully bring us out the slump. *Cue Tubthumper saying 'It'll take more than new players to bring you out of the slump you are in'...

It is good to see that he has targeted the LB area as a weakness as Hastings has been utter p*sh for the entire season contributing to a lot of conceded goals. From what i've read as well, the players are really enjoying training and Butcher has had a positive effect on the morale of the squad.

Perhaps we won't get humped on Sunday :up:

Exactly - cracking deal for Newcastle.

I'd be absolutely delighted with that. N'somnia's a decent wee player but he's a stroppy little cunt and we desperately need the likes of him off the wage bill if we're gonna survive this season. He's nowhere near as good as he thinks he is either... Lyon? Arsenal? Chelsea? Fucking WIGAN mate. Boom.

No doubt he'll play reasonably well for six months then throw his toys out of the pram and try to engineer a move away from the club as soon as Bruce plays him out of position or leaves him out of the XI. He's been doing it at Newcastle every window for the past 2 years.

Ryan Taylor's a good, versatile player and he'll do a decent job filling in at right back and on the right wing. He's decent from dead ball situations too, which is something we've been lacking for a while. Would be a very good signing in my opinion as we DESPERATELY need someone to fill in while Beye's on the sidelines, 'cause Steven Taylor and David Edgar are rank rotten.

I don't expect any more deals but we could probably do with a backup LB to rotate with The Bull and another CM, maybe even a striker too. Maybe we'll nab someone on loan on deadline day, who knows.

Steven Fletcher to Celtic? I for one am not keen on this, as I'd just imagine he would just warm the bench and his career would be ruined. It really annoys me when the Old Firm come in and buy young talent like this and not play them, and this is coming from a Celtic fan!

Agreed, and I'm also a Celtic fan.