aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

That's Adams punted from Pompey.

How on Earth are young managers ever supposed to get a chance to develop if they're only given a couple of months to impress? It's completely ridiculous. Admittedly the bloke's been doing a pretty awful job recently and he may never turn out to be a decent manager in the long-run, but this is ultimately just another impatient Premiership board neglecting to give the man they appointed enough time to build a team.

Avram Grant for the job, I reckon.

How on Earth are young managers ever supposed to get a chance to develop if they're only given a couple of months to impress? It's completely ridiculous. Admittedly the bloke's been doing a pretty awful job recently and he may never turn out to be a decent manager in the long-run, but this is ultimately just another impatient Premiership board neglecting to give the man they appointed enough time to build a team.

i just wonder what they expect when they lose two of their better players and dont replace them with near the same quality. i mean adams is having to play nugent who under harry wouldnt of been allowed to clean the boots he was so bad and to lose diarra was a massive blow, he will most likely go on to be one of the best midfielders in the world.

They played well against the pool but james cost them the game, twice beaten at the near post and one complete fuck up, why he still gets a game for anyone defies belief.

Guest idol_wild

Alan Curbishley will get the Portsmouth job, I reckon.

It's a shame they've punted Adams as he was punted early doors at Wycombe too, I believe. His two best players were sold from under his nose and he was unable to bring in his own players.

He also seems like a thoroughly nice guy. But then that could have been his downfall.

The sacking is no more ridiculous than Adam's appointment in the first place.

Why any board would appoint an unproven young manager (with only a shite record at Wycombe on his managerial CV) into the top job at a Premiership side is beyond belief.

You might as well appoint a school-leaver to be the new CEO at RBS, and let him learn on the job.....actually, couldn't do any worse.

A testimonial to celebrate the Dazzlers 5 goals a season average. Excellent. Any idea who it is against?

Like anyone is going to fucking go anyway.

He's scored 5 fucking goals this season, wheras Steve Lovell has scored 10. Why we did that bit of business I'll never understand. Anybody can see Lovell is a better striker than Mackie, expect for Jimmy Calderwood.

QF Draw

Motherwell or St Mirren vs Celtic

Airdrie or Dunfermline vs Aberdeen or East Fife

Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Falkirk

Forfar or Rangers vs Hamilton

Happy with Falkirk at home, especially since Arfield will miss the game through suspension.

Dons got jammy again, and disappointing to see the Old Firm miss each other

QF Draw

Motherwell or St Mirren vs Celtic

Airdrie or Dunfermline vs Aberdeen or East Fife

Inverness Caledonian Thistle vs Falkirk

Forfar or Rangers vs Hamilton

Happy with Falkirk at home, especially since Arfield will miss the game through suspension.

Dons got jammy again, and disappointing to see the Old Firm miss each other

The chance of the Mold Firm getting drawn together in the early round of a cup are about as likely as Jimmy Calderwood getting offered the Chelsea job.

Scolari getting axed was very unexpected. I wonder if his input was limited due to his struggle to properly grasp the English language? Still though, they started off the season superbly and looked like they could have walked it. Losing Essien long term was obviously a massive blow as there's not really anyone quite like him.

Ray Wilkins will be taking over from now on. He's a good egg by the looks of it and has got a good bit of experience under his belt. He obviously knows the English game inside out as well, so he could prove to be a good leader.

Scolari getting axed was very unexpected. I wonder if his input was limited due to his struggle to properly grasp the English language? Still though, they started off the season superbly and looked like they could have walked it. Losing Essien long term was obviously a massive blow as there's not really anyone quite like him.

Ray Wilkins will be taking over from now on. He's a good egg by the looks of it and has got a good bit of experience under his belt. He obviously knows the English game inside out as well, so he could prove to be a good leader.

Fit? Scolari could speak English before he got the job at Chelsea...

His sacking came out of nowhere. Chelsea aren't having the best of seasons, but when your squad is aging with little inspiring youth transfers, it was bound to end in tears at some point.

Mourinho for Chelsea! :up: