aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

hey im a huge dons fan and i loved anderson but its a pointless argument, he has never really done it at a good level, and never will. caldwell plays champs league football regularly and is a regular international. If Anderson was that good he would have got a chance with scotland before he moved down the road, but he was never really considered. Again i loved Anderson when he was at the dons but i just get this feeling he was never quite good enough for TOP level football.

Caldwell has had some awesome matches for Celtic in europe against some of the top players in the world, he has proved he can live upto that standard when he is on his game sadly Anderson never has or will.

Anderson never got a chance for Scotland because he never signed for either half of the old firm. As for Caldwell, he wouldn't get anywhere near a Premiership defence, he's a Championship player at best.

hey im a huge dons fan and i loved anderson but its a pointless argument, he has never really done it at a good level, and never will. caldwell plays champs league football regularly and is a regular international. If Anderson was that good he would have got a chance with scotland before he moved down the road, but he was never really considered. Again i loved Anderson when he was at the dons but i just get this feeling he was never quite good enough for TOP level football.

Caldwell has had some awesome matches for Celtic in europe against some of the top players in the world, he has proved he can live upto that standard when he is on his game sadly Anderson never has or will.

I'm not having a go at you. I just disagree with you. I honestly can't remember Caldwell ever being awesome against anyone in Europe or International level. He's a total carthorse, much like his brother (shudder). He's been ripped to bits on many an occasion, especially in Europe! Hey ho..... the old firm are the lords of the world though.

Anderson did have the occasional chance with Scotland before he moved down the road, he was always in the squad. And had a series of man of the match awards all season. He was at the peak of his form all season. Had he stayed fit when he moved he would be playing for Scotland. He's had a few horrible horrible injuries which have affected him though. He was obviously deemed good enough if a premiership team signed him? No?

Anyway... good debate for a Friday afternoon if nothing else ;)

I'm not having a go at you. I just disagree with you. I honestly can't remember Caldwell ever being awesome against anyone in Europe or International level. He's a total carthorse, much like his brother (shudder). He's been ripped to bits on many an occasion, especially in Europe! Hey ho..... the old firm are the lords of the world though.

Anderson did have the occasional chance with Scotland before he moved down the road, he was always in the squad. And had a series of man of the match awards all season. He was at the peak of his form all season. Had he stayed fit when he moved he would be playing for Scotland. He's had a few horrible horrible injuries which have affected him though. He was obviously deemed good enough if a premiership team signed him? No?

Anyway... good debate for a Friday afternoon if nothing else ;)

I never said you were having a go sorry if it came across that way!

I agree with what you said about his brother he is a horse but i still think gary caldwell is a good player and that has nothing to do with the old firm. He plays at the highest level and lets not forget when walt was in charge of scotland he was starting everygame and everyone was sucking the cheese off scotlands knob at that time and played very well against italy (twice).

Anderson had the occasional chance yes, but my point is, if he was as good as people say then why wasnt he snapped up a couple of years ago? Why did it take till he was 29 before anyone looked at him aa a serious transfer target? I stil dont think he was good enough for the prem league the two games he did play for them he was terrible and yes it does take time to get used to a new league and style of football, but he looked miles off the pace and strength of the league, but again its a pointless argument i suppose because now we will never know. As for being good enough because sunderland signed him, lets not forget how many very bad signings keano made and how much money he wasted on players who have since been given free transfers or shunted to another team.

As ive said im a massive dandys fan and anderson was a legend for us BUT he never proved himself at the top or got to play at the top level whereas caldwell has.

Your right, a fine debate for a friday :)

due to our game being off I went along to the Dundee Utd vs Caley game

shocking game of football. for 20 I can see why Alkaline never bothers to go watch em

Caley wanted it more and deserved a win. Utd's full backs were horrid, static players who stopped at the halfway line and their central midfield pairing of gomis and bauben were a waste of space. Jon Daly was gash.

Caleys back four were solid and esson was comfotable with everything. imrie had a good game and looked dangerous throughout. the latvian cetnre back that we watched in the summer looks like a great signing.

shocking game of football. for 20 I can see why Alkaline can't afford to go watch em

Caley wanted it more and deserved a win. Utd's full backs were horrid, static players who stopped at the halfway line and their central midfield pairing of gomis and bauben were a waste of space. Jon Daly was gash.

Caleys back four were solid and esson was comfotable with everything. imrie had a good game and looked dangerous throughout. the latvian cetnre back that we watched in the summer looks like a great signing.

Fixed that for you.

Yeah, Utd played pretty balls yesterday. Caley are having a decent run of form at the mo as well though. We've played a lot better at times this season (and a lot worse). Still i'm happy with what's going on at Tannadice at the moment.

shocking game of football. for 20 I can see why Alkaline never bothers to go watch em

Woody ;(

If Alkaline is nae greetin' about women, he's greetin' about money ;)

• Upvote 1

The BBC3 coverage of the Milan derby is gash. The sound is a good three or four seconds ahead of the pictures, so you're turning round in time to watch what's just been described. Poor show.

I hate how the BBC have decided to show this just because of friggin' Beckham. Thats all their site talks about is David Beckham and how he wants to stay in Italy.

I hate how the BBC have decided to show this just because of friggin' Beckham. Thats all their site talks about is David Beckham and how he wants to stay in Italy.

yeah i hate the fact they decided to show one of the best football games ive seen in years on the bbc, id have much rather watched another re-run of river city.

yeah i hate the fact they decided to show one of the best football games ive seen in years on the bbc, id have much rather watched another re-run of river city.

You've missed my point. I'm annoyed by the fact that they aren't bothered about it being one of the best games of the year, more bothered about what Beckham will do.

You've missed my point. I'm annoyed by the fact that they aren't bothered about it being one of the best games of the year, more bothered about what Beckham will do.

The bbc website has two stories about beckham its hardly taking over has it? Anyway he is THE biggest name in football and he is english so of course they will make a big deal out of it, i wouldnt have said there is anymore fuss associated with this than the kaka deal or when zidane or figo signed for Real Madrid.

Anyway so what if they only showed it because of him, its fucking ace we might get more italian football on tv, better than watching the boring prem league or the shocking scottish league.

templeman is a quality player. he has a lot more t his game than people credit him for. not sure why he didnt do well in the 1st div

A poor man's Peter Crouch for sure. Saw him play twice for Brechin - pretty sure he scored 3 times in those 2 games (away to Elgin and home to Cowdenbeath, both in the cup). Sure he has a funny nickname but can't remember it?