aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Haha, was waiting for your reply.

Chris Clark was an Elgin boy too was he not?

And Big Brian Irvine works in Markies in Elgin.

Fun times.

Aye Crissy was 2 years above me at Elgin Academy. He's from the nicer side of Elgin than Ricky Foster, hence the slightly less minky appearance he sports.

Big Alan Main and John McGinley are Elgin's finest.

Brian Irvine can get to pump... tee total, spiritual nutjob.

Aberdeen game was woeful. Don't think I've ever been so raging at a referee before. :swearing:

funnily enough it was the same at the abbey today where the referee was an absolute disgrace. never in my life have i seen a team kick and punch so much as crawley town, the ref booked 8 of their players yet didnt have the bollocks to send one of the cunts off. 2 stonewall pens turned down, one of their players booted one of ours right in front of the ref and his reaction? a big grin, one wonders how many brown envelopes he'd been handed by the crawley management team. having said that we played pretty shite so canna complain at a draw.

meanwhile in the real world, it didnt suprise me boro beating liverpool, their best chance of properly challenging for the title in yonks and they have completely shot themselves in the foot. i dont even think man u have had to be at their best as them and chelsea (who to be fair are still enjoying the honeymoon period with huddink) seem hell bent on throwing points away and giving the title back to man u. and another goal-less draw for arsenal, wonder when the emirates faithful will start calling for wenger's head if they havent already started!

Never recovered from getting humped by the Dons.

Could be a good pub quiz question actually, naming all the teams that Aberdeen beat en route to the Cup Winners Cup.

(speaking of which, in the same competition, Swansea City managed an 17-0 aggregate victory...wtf?)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Could be a good pub quiz question actually, naming all the teams that Aberdeen beat en route to the Cup Winners Cup.

(speaking of which, in the same competition, Swansea City managed an 17-0 aggregate victory...wtf?)

I'll have a crack at this:

Sion, Dynamo Tirana, Lech Poznan, Bayern Munich, Waterschei and Real Madrid. Might be wrong on the second one...

Guessing it was a Maltese team that Swansea were up against, part of me always rooted for Maltese teams because they got humped rotten all the time.

I remember reading about Chelsea beating a Luxembourg side, Jeunesse Hautcharage, 21-0 on aggregate back in 1970 or so, 13-0 and 8-0 respectively. Dunno why they bothered with the second leg.

:up: