aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Talking of Talkshows...

Stan Collymore and Mike Parry were hosting a phone in on domestic abuse and they say "and now we will go to Aiden in glasgow who has suffered homosexual abuse"

On comes this guy with an Irish accent, saying he met his boyfriend at work when he came over from Poland 4 years ago.

Says he has suffered abuse and recently found out his boyfriend is into cocaine, and that people only found out about the abuse when "our boss gordon saw bruises on me".

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download www.CHITB.com.Aiden.from.Glasgow.domestic.abuse.mp3

Our game was bollocks, worst match I've seen since.. well, the Old Firm game last week. Stranraer had to put in a kid after their goalkeeper was injured in the warmup, and yet we never tested him.

Highlight of the day was the press conference afterwards where me and one of the radio guys were in stitches, along with Coops, at how bad the game was. One of those "had to be there" moments I think. I feel sorry for the guy getting the video highlights for the website... he's got some editing to do on that interview!

0-0 with Everton. Fine result given Kevin Nolan got sent off for one of the dumbest tackles I've ever seen...

Think we could've won it if he'd stayed on the field, though. Everton looked pretty ding without Arteta and Cahill and we did a good job of containing them when we went a man down. Cracking games for Bassong and Enrique but P-Love missed a very good chance in the first half and Stroller was absolutely abysmal.

I fancy us to stay up. In his two games in charge Hughton's showed a lot more tact and awareness than JFK. I don't think he's the reincarnation of Bobby Robson or anything, but he seems adaptable enough to cope. If he can find the right balance on the wings and up front then we should be able to do just about enough to avoid the drop. Think we'll probably finish 15th or something like that.

i was reading 'arry redknapp moaning about the spurs fixture pile up and reckons he's gonna possibly play four 17 year olds against shaktar on thursday as they have the carling cup (lets face it, its the only thing spurs ever win these days so they might as well take it seriously) final on sunday. in the old days teams used to get fined for fielding weakened sides but no more. i get sick of managers moaning about fixture pile ups, they're professional footballers (allegedly) for crying out loud, just get on with it!

i was reading 'arry redknapp moaning about the spurs fixture pile up and reckons he's gonna possibly play four 17 year olds against shaktar on thursday as they have the carling cup (lets face it, its the only thing spurs ever win these days so they might as well take it seriously) final on sunday. in the old days teams used to get fined for fielding weakened sides but no more. i get sick of managers moaning about fixture pile ups, they're professional footballers (allegedly) for crying out loud, just get on with it!

While i agree to a certain extent, it is 3 games in 7 days that they are playing.

0-0 with Everton. Fine result given Kevin Nolan got sent off for one of the dumbest tackles I've ever seen...

Think we could've won it if he'd stayed on the field, though. Everton looked pretty ding without Arteta and Cahill and we did a good job of containing them when we went a man down. Cracking games for Bassong and Enrique but P-Love missed a very good chance in the first half and Stroller was absolutely abysmal.

I fancy us to stay up. In his two games in charge Hughton's showed a lot more tact and awareness than JFK. I don't think he's the reincarnation of Bobby Robson or anything, but he seems adaptable enough to cope. If he can find the right balance on the wings and up front then we should be able to do just about enough to avoid the drop. Think we'll probably finish 15th or something like that.

Seeing as you mentioned him, here's a picture of Sir Bobby with another Geordie legend. :up:

mkbr.jpg

TV ruins football. Match Of The Day just isn't worth watching anymore. No longer do you get 9 or 10 games. Instead, just 5 or so mid table no-score-draws and a Villa game if you're lucky.

its funny you should say that cos i thought the same thing on sat night when i was watching MOTD, TV is a help and hindrance in football. since covering the BSP we regularly play matches on a thursday and monday, and now i'm going to games regularly again those days just dont feel right! it seems like we hardly play on a sat nowadays (though to be fair a couple of games have been called off due to the weather). its also annoying as they keep moving matches i might have gone to had they been on a sat such as woking away. but on the plus side we get a decent amount of revenue from them and i get to see games i might not have done otherwise.

most football was played on a saturday up until sky got involved (though i remember the bbc and itv experimenting with friday and sunday matches during the 80's) it was a system that worked perfectly well for nigh on 100 years! there is deffo too much tv coverage nowadays, i used to relish and really enjoy live games when i were a lad, now we just take them for granted.

Sadly it appears Foster and Calderwood have kissed and made up so he'll be back in the squad on Saturday. The bit in yesterday's Evening was quite interesting, makes it sound like it wasn't a one-off incident. It sounds like Fosters a gobby wee shite who's got too big for his boots.

ABERDEEN FC boss Jimmy Calderwood today told Richard Foster to button his lip if he wants to rescue his Dons career.

The Aberdeen FC manager has played down suggestions that Foster is set to be sold after a training field bust-up.

Foster will get a chance to redeem himself, starting with playing for the Dons reserves in todays clash with Falkirk at Brechin.

Calderwood said: Its up to Richard now.

He made the mistake and the onus is on him to make up for what happened.

Calderwood is refusing to give specific details about the flashpoint that led to him axing Foster from Saturdays 2-2 draw with Dundee United.

Reports today claim it was because Foster insinuated that Calderwood was brainless after the manager criticised the full-back for making a rough challenge on team-mate Michael Paton during training on Thursday.

Calderwood wouldnt confirm that, but admitted Foster left him with no choice.

Calderwood said: He forced me to do something Ive never done before as a manager change my team.

Richard was playing against Dundee United on Thursday but I changed it on the Friday.

Its not something I wanted to do but I felt Richard had left me with no choice.

Ive no problem with players speaking their mind, but there is a time and a place for everything.

It also doesnt help when its the same man who seems to be doing all the talking all of the time.

The players get the chance to express their opinions after every game, usually on Monday mornings.

If they have a problem with tactics following a game they know they are welcome to speak about it.

They must also speak to me before we do the final preparations on Thursday and Friday.

Its not as if what we say is always written in stone and regarded as the right thing to do all of the time.

If I get it wrong Im always honest enough to admit that and listen to suggestions about how our tactics could be improved.

But I wont stand for players coming to me and questioning things in the manner Richard did.

Richard had been warned in the past by myself, Jimmy Nicholl, Sandy Clark and Jim Leighton about doing that.

But it was still happening every now and again and eventually I decided Id had enough.

Richard has to think about that very closely from here on.

Foster defused the situation by making a point of wishing Calderwood and his team-mates well ahead of the United clash.

Calderwood said: All credit to Richard for making the effort. That was a very clever thing for him to do.

Jamie Smith was also set to make his comeback in todays reserve game.

Smith had been out since October because of a series of injuries.

Sadly it appears Foster and Calderwood have kissed and made up so he'll be back in the squad on Saturday. The bit in yesterday's Evening was quite interesting, makes it sound like it wasn't a one-off incident. It sounds like Fosters a gobby wee shite who's got too big for his boots.

Apparently Foster's quite a bright guy, so he probably just can't resist telling Calderwood he's an idiot.

It's little wonder Newcastle fans have such ridiculously high expectations, when even the directors at SJP are coming out with nonsense like this....

Toon chief targets top-four return | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Has he noticed they are 15th in the league?

i dunno if it is nonsense though, i mean there is the potential at newcastle to be a top four club but its certainly not gonna happen for a few years. it wasnt that long ago that they were challenging for the title (well thinking about it about 12-13 years ago!). thing is though as is proving at man city, you can have all the money in the world but it doesnt mean instant success which shows how things have changed even in the last 15 years. when blackburn won the title they bought their way to success, maybe they just lucky and the team gelled! problem is these days supporters want instant success and good performances every game! i mean down in toilet land, cambridge have won four away games on the bounce yet some supporters are still fecking moaning that the performances havent been good enough! honestly i give up!