aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Good results for Aberdeen. Relegation nearly assured for Newcastle.

I'm shitting myself.

A team of gutless, overpaid babies managed by a man with the managerial knowledge of a diseased toad. Replacing Lovenkrands with Owen was bananas and what can I say about a midfield featuring Alan Smith, Geremi and Nicky Butt?

We need to purge this team of all the poison and start again, simple as.

Too windy for me today! Gave up about the 80th minute to go to the pub and watch the Caley score come in.

From what I saw:

• Vidal is garbage as a defender, very little positional sense and error prone
  • Tommy Wright will do well in the SPL but needs to cut out the stupid tackles
  • Bebo is coming onto a game, but is still a wee ned that deserves a hiding
  • There are less seagulls at Todders than last year. Is that hawk still about?
  • Why has the Red Ultras gone to the uncovered section of the ground?
  • Your pitch is terrible! Another few games and it'll be Motherwell-esque!

I'm away to search through this thread to see what I win with my pre-season bet on Kilmarnock getting relegated. Think it was a couple of hundred at least :up:

Too windy for me today! Gave up about the 80th minute to go to the pub and watch the Caley score come in.

From what I saw:

I'm away to search through this thread to see what I win with my pre-season bet on Kilmarnock getting relegated. Think it was a couple of hundred at least :up:

Wont argue with any of that (don't know why Ultras were moved).

Pitch was looking a little better today I thought. It is being eaten by beasties just now... Not many Scottish pitches an great shape just now. Also gives us an excuse for poor an inconsistent play :)

From what I saw:

Aye, Vidal was all over the shop today. You're right about Tommy Wright as well, he could do with relying on upper body strength rather than daft sliding challenges.

I think the RU moved because they were told there'd be less interference with their displays on the Y.

Much better performance from us today, and what a goal Sharpy scored! Good to see Bobby "Bobbinator" Linn again, too, even if he was bobbins.

Bavidge's 200th appearance for 'Heid today? Where has the time gone ?(

Ex ICT players scoring today: Barry (never should've been allowed to leave) Wilson v. QOTS, followed by Roreee McAllister scoring for Brechin, then getting stretchered off (probably fainted with the shock of hitting the net) and coming back on to grab another!

Watching the Real Madrid game just now in the hope that all the Dutch players get struck by lighting, making them injured for exactly 15 days :up:

Bavidge's 200th appearance for 'Heid today? Where has the time gone ?(

It sure was. A few weeks back he'd asked me how many goals he'd scored for the club as he reckoned he was nearing a ton (82). At the same time as I checked that up, I did his appearance stats, and found out he was on 198. Nice timing!

Exclusive interview with the big man: Peterhead FC Official Website :up:

I'm shitting myself.

A team of gutless, overpaid babies managed by a man with the managerial knowledge of a diseased toad. Replacing Lovenkrands with Owen was bananas and what can I say about a midfield featuring Alan Smith, Geremi and Nicky Butt?

We need to purge this team of all the poison and start again, simple as.

i have to say i fear for newcastle, they look really untogether. i know owen's contract is up at the end of the season, aren't a few others? owen will end up at somewhere shit like fulham or bolton i think! or benetiz will sign him to warm the bench like he did with fowler a few seasons ago. they should have stuck with keegan, he's one of the few managers the toon army would have given time to.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Just in the process of looking back in this thread to see if I can find my possible winnings if Killie are relegated; i've been finding some cracking posts :up:

hopefully we (montrose) are going to win the league next year.

rumour has it bairdy has signed on for another year, which is BRILLIANT news

:D

Hero to villain :down:

In even better news. Richie Foran failed his medical and won't be signing for the Dons! Happy days.

Happy days for us :love:

at least Aberdeen start with an easy three points...

:love:

Mikey Fraser won't ever be shifted by Esson in terms of ability, I just hope he can mantain good form and stay free from injury.

Esson for Scotland :love:

Permanent deal for Samaras - good news

:laughing:

Let him have it - it should just remind him that even QOTS can beat the Dons, whilst a certain other team continues to fail miserably to emulate such an achievement ;)

There's some cracking 'I have it on good authority' moments in there too. Not as wild and random as the AFC-Chat nonsense, but enjoyable nonetheless.

From what I saw:

Yeh the hawk is still going about, saw the handler walking down the touchline with it just before k.o.

Bebo's goal was a cracker, can't wait to see it again on the highlights.

Guest idol_wild
Just in the process of looking back in this thread to see if I can find my possible winnings if Killie are relegated; i've been finding some cracking posts :up:

Hero to villain :down:

Happy days for us :love:

Esson for Scotland :love:

:laughing:

There's some cracking 'I have it on good authority' moments in there too. Not as wild and random as the AFC-Chat nonsense, but enjoyable nonetheless.

Ross, you're so cute. :love::up:

I know. It really was. An absolute snooze with two teams far too afraid of defeat to give anyone who bought a ticket their money's worth. If i supported either team, I'd be giving Smith or Strachan a right good kicking for being such a wet fanny. What a horrible venue for a final too. The condition of the grass was horrific. The ball bobbled along like it would on a Sunday League field. Grass was too long, and just not flat enough... Or it might have been that cheap Diadora football that feels like a brick, but defies all logic by happily flying away if it goes anymore than 10ft in the air. It's purely cosmetic, but it looks like a giant tennis ball too.

Good grief, the old firm are dull as shit when they play each other. I'd have paid twice the ticket price to see Strachan and Smith have a blindfolded sackrace through puddles of dog piss instead. Hopefully there would have been someway that they both could lose.

it looks like a giant tennis ball too.

Baseball, I think.

The most entertainment I got was from Novo taking an off-the-ball swipe after being dumped on his arse, and the hissy fits Funguspish was having after falling behind.

I've had more enjoyment out of a dose of haemorrhoids than I got from the final.

An absolute snooze with two teams far too afraid of defeat to give anyone who bought a ticket their money's worth.

That's what was most annoying! It was a cup final. There's always going to be a winner and loser. Why not just go for it from the start?! Celtic at least showed that with five in midfield your 'wingers' are actually supposed to move forward.

I could go on all night having a massive rant, but I'm trying really hard to remain calm!!