aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Does anybody else think that the 40+million that Man City have spent on De Jong, Bridge and Bellamy would be better spent just giving away free season tickets to all their fans?

Might give them the motivation to play better, and also they would be immune to criticism from fans as they wouldnt really be pumping much of their own money into the club (compared to before)

When I'm next down in March or April, I'm watching the Italian Job the night before :up:

In fact, I might stick it on the bus DVD player... Sure I'd be popular...

bus dvd player??

bloody hell, you travel well these days! we are lucky if we get one with a toilet (usually the "big" games)

I hope that the clubs have a pre season up at peterhead or we get promoted this season (ho ho!). A good session in the social is required!

yup, as mentioned earlier. will be a good signing as we had our u17 keeper as back up for last month or two. bullock could probably take the no1 slot on sat with kelly dropping to bench.

He lives locally, wants part time for a while, and is a proven keeper.

We also signed gordon pope from dundee united at LB, possibly as a loan deal, not sure on details as yet

Bullock is a pretty solid signing. I would say he was a shoe-in for number 1. I dunno what the deal with the Pope signing is either, can't see it being permanent right now though. I expect it'll be a loan move.

Apparently he signed up as our backup keeper, so not sure what his craic is. The way Kelly has been playing it could be ideal to give him a spell on the bench and learn from bullock and alan main at training

he had a family bereavement recently which made him go part time and play closer to Dundee so he may not be in the right frame of mind mentally, only have to look at Roddy Hunter this season to see how it can affect players

pope is well regarded, so quite prob a loan, just not sure on the length of deal. Apparently was very tidy in the bounce game on Tuesday, up and down flank all night in support of the wing and whipping is some decent service.

As predicted by me 2 weeks ago I think you'll find!!!! :laughing:

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/sports/49674-2008-2009-season-thread-post712532.html#post712532

The latest gossip from the red-tops...

• Barry Ferguson's agent has been asked by Rangers to find him a new club. Newcastle are leading the chase for his signature.
  • Peter Lovenkrands is also signing for Newcastle
  • Kris Boyd's agent has gone back to Birmingham and asked them to re-start negotiations - again at the request of Rangers.
  • Chris Porter is leaving Motherwell to sign for Hearts this week.
  • Man City will sign Roque Santa Cruz and Craig Bellamy in January,
  • Man United about to sign Karim Benzema for 20m and sell Carlos Tevez.
  • Arsenal are trying to nick Andrie Arshavin from under Tottenham's noses.

The club announced that he was on trial and going to be offered a contract a fortnight ago, Sherlock ;).

To be honest, he can't be any worse than Damien Duff. I don't rate the guy but if he comes in and does a half-decent job then it'll be a good bit of business I guess. Similar to when we signed Antoine Sibierski; average player with no expectation whatsoever who came in and scored a few important goals.

I'm feeling really disillusioned just now about ICT's board, and am losing confidence in their ability to run our club effectively. Archie Knox, Ian McCall and now Chris Sutton!

John Robertson knows the team inside out, lives in the area and is prepared to work on a 6 month contract in order to try and save our season. He's also loved by the players and is a much better motivator and much more tactically aware than Brewster.