aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Gordon Strachan was funnier when he was worried about his yogurt going off.

With regard to the game, I'm gutted I missed it. I could have met a mate in the pub to watch it, but a combination of some emergency morning IT support with a hangover and arsed up arrangements meant I couldn't go.

A fine result for the Dons though, and a most welcome bonus with Dundee United getting comprehensively dismantled. What a turnaround considering we were bottom for a while there.

Harsh, I would say, but that seems to be the way of doing things these days.

HARSH!?!?!?!

He should have 'FAILURE' tattooed on his forehead to warn all clubs off his terrible management 'skills'.

Absolutely ecstatic the Board has finally grown a pair. Hopefully this will lift the club in time to fight off relegation. John Robertson as boss for me!!

He used to be funny.

He's just a bitter prick these days.

An arsehole when anyone asks him a question.

Walks out of press conferences.

Gives one word answers.

Can never admit when his team have been beaten fair and square.

So it was good to get it right up him yesterday.

An utter twat, right enough.

The green cheek of the Old Firm arse are gracious as ever in defeat I see. Since we don't beat them that often I tend to forget just how amusing the classic Celtic "we were cheated" gibberish is :laughing:

HARSH!?!?!?!

He should have 'FAILURE' tattooed on his forehead to warn all clubs off his terrible management 'skills'.

Absolutely ecstatic the Board has finally grown a pair. Hopefully this will lift the club in time to fight off relegation. John Robertson as boss for me!!

The man signed Richie Byrne - get off his back ;)

terry butcher is apparently up for the job at inverness:

Scottish Premier League: Terry Butcher is interested in the vacant Inverness Caledonian Thistle manager's role | Football | guardian.co.uk

cracking review of the aberdeen celtic game at the herald too:

Celtic Torn Apart In Emphatic Fashion (from The Herald )

yesterdays result was the straw that broke the camels back and made me order setanta so i could watch the rerun in the evening. cracking game. lets hope for more next week!

terry butcher is apparently up for the job at inverness:

Aye, apparently he was seen in Inverness last night meeting with our Chairman.

Whilst Sutherland is at the helm, i'll never feel entirely happy with things at ICT (similar to many Dons feelings of Stewart Milne). If Alan Savage was still here, we'd be awesome.

Anti-football by Aberdeen in the second half, but they can't really be blamed.

i think that's harsh. we were pinned back but i don't think it was completely a conscious decision to have bodies behind the ball, celtic just came at us hard. we got back into it a fair bit(goals aside) and even when we were on the defensive it wasn't really anti-football in the same vein as the likes of rangers are capable of.

Aye, apparently he was seen in Inverness last night meeting with our Chairman.

Whilst Sutherland is at the helm, i'll never feel entirely happy with things at ICT (similar to many Dons feelings of Stewart Milne). If Alan Savage was still here, we'd be awesome.

i have no problems with stewart milne. his job is to get the club running as a business and self sufficient and he's done a good job at that. it would solve nothing for him to pump money into the club. he's not perfect but there are far worse chairmen out there.

Harsh, I would say, but that seems to be the way of doing things these days.

HARSH?!?! Between his spell at the Arabs and his second at Caley, did he not win something like 6 games? Unless all managers are to be judged against East Stirling's record between 2002-2007, that is an unutterably shite performance.

grumble mutter Iain Stewart mutter grumble

i think that's harsh. we were pinned back but i don't think it was completely a conscious decision to have bodies behind the ball, celtic just came at us hard. we got back into it a fair bit(goals aside) and even when we were on the defensive it wasn't really anti-football in the same vein as the likes of rangers are capable of.

Cant be guilty of that yesterday I would say. Smeltic came out of the starting block at 100mph after half time but were held firm by a solid defence. I do think it was little of instinctive return to form but Clangers grabbed the ball from Seve, I think, and told them to get the fuck up the pitch. He seemed well in control of his box yesterday and commanded the defensive line well at their set pieces.

In a stroke of good fortune or genius he pulled Foster off the front post to go to the back post after moving someone out to man mark. Foster then cleared off the line. Here's us all thinking Clangers is a step or two short of a staircase. Mans clearly a footballing genius!

And what was Strachan's celebration all about? Running halfway onto the pitch and jumping about like a twat! He's a self righteous, smug, I'm better than everyone, arsewipe. Very amusing given the final score... Anyone else say the pitch isn't looking to bad for this point in the season.

'Evil pitch, bad pitch, cheating todders pitch!!!! Now where's my wee green minky toy that fell out of my pram?'

Cant be guilty of that yesterday I would say. Smeltic came out of the starting block at 100mph after half time but were held firm by a solid defence. I do think it was little of instinctive return to form but Clangers grabbed the ball from Seve, I think, and told them to get the fuck up the pitch. He seemed well in control of his box yesterday and commanded the defensive line well at their set pieces.

In a stroke of good fortune or genius he pulled Foster off the front post to go to the back post after moving someone out to man mark. Foster then cleared off the line. Here's us all thinking Clangers is a step or two short of a staircase. Mans clearly a footballing genius!

And what was Strachan's celebration all about? Running halfway onto the pitch and jumping about like a twat! He's a self righteous, smug, I'm better than everyone, arsewipe. Very amusing given the final score... Anyone else say the pitch isn't looking to bad for this point in the season.

'Evil pitch, bad pitch, cheating todders pitch!!!! Now where's my wee green minky toy that fell out of my pram?'

i believe it was the celtic assistant coach pendrey who ran onto the pitch but perhaps strachan did too.

he's a moany little twat. can't accept the fact he just got humped by the dons.

City claim they've pulled out of the Kaka deal:

Manchester City has terminated its discussions with AC Milan over the possible transfer of the player Kaka.

Following a meeting in Milan today, the Club felt that it was unlikely that the two parties could reach common ground for an agreement.

The discussions reached only a preliminary stage and the player was not involved at any time. No commercial terms were framed.

Commenting on the situation, Garry Cook stated: "Whilst Manchester City Football Club has an obvious interest in world class players of the quality of Kaka, we owe it to our fans that such a transfer must work on every level; commercially, financially, in terms of results on the field and within Manchester City's broader community."

Berlusconi is claiming Kaka turned it down, and is taking the credit for it :popcorn:

Next Inverness Manager odds from Willhill

John Robertson 11/8

Derek McInnes 9/2

Neale Cooper 9/2

Steven Pressley 6/1

Duncan Shearer 10/1

Jim Duffy 10/1

Barry Wilson 12/1

Derek Adams 12/1

Donald Park 12/1

Ally McCoist 14/1

Steve Paterson 16/1

Craig Brown 25/1

Terry Butcher 25/1 :up:

Those are some pretty amazing odds considering some of the rumours i've heard today! I'm going to do a bit more investigating....

Allow me to give a considered viewpoint on these.... (I've taken out the completely ridiculous suggestions...)

Next Inverness Manager odds from Willhill

John Robertson 11/8 :up:

Derek McInnes 9/2 :down:

Neale Cooper 9/2 :swearing:

Duncan Shearer 10/1 :down:

Donald Park 12/1 :down:

Steve Paterson 16/1 :love:

Craig Brown 25/1 ?(

Terry Butcher 25/1 :up:

As long as whoever it is fancies keeping Rorlolz, I'm happy :up:

Man City are turning into comedy gold just now -

- the Kaka deal breaks down without them even getting as far as talking to the player.

- Robhino walks out of their training camp in Tenerife & flys to Brazil

and the best yet....

- sign the shy, retiring, calming dressing room influence that is Craig Bellamy for (deep breath) 14 MILLION QUID and a weekly wage of 90 GRAND!!!!

Fan-fucking-tastic.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Anti-football by Aberdeen in the second half, but they can't really be blamed.

I'm a Celtic fan, and there was no anti-football by the Dons. I thought the tactic to sit back was wrong, as they were getting deeper and deeper. Celtic eventually got the goal, but it spurred Aberdeen into action and they just went for it.

Celtic are shite when teams really have a go at us. I hear so many people going on about teams sitting in against Celtic and making it shit to watch etc. and if they were to open up, Celtic would destroy them etc etc. That's bullshit. Whenever a team (it's normally Hibs) just have a right go at us, we really struggle. That's what happened in the first old firm game, and I remember that game last season against St Mirren when we snatched the draw with a dodgy(ish...) free kick late on. St Mirren didn't camp out in their box, and we didn't know what to do about it.

Kind of similar to the Dons spanking Copenhagen last season. Copenhagen were expecting Aberdeen to be shite, and sit in and defend. When Smith scored, Copenhagen were fucked cos they didn't have a plan B, and then, well, the entire Dons team remembered how to play football, and destroyed them. Celtic are very weak at the back, and that's why when the Dons came at us yesterday, we were always vulnerable. There was talk of dodgy goals etc. but there was a valid shout for a penalty against Brown first half, and we're in no position to feel hard done by, given what happened last season against the Dons........