aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Apparently there was a bit of a scuffle in our end when some wit said we should sack McCall and replace him with Jim Duffy.

I read that on PieandBovril.

To be that crazy, I'm guessing he started early on the buckfast...

Strange team lineup from Brewster, but it looks like the Latvian defender and Morais will be a decent piece of business. Liono Jobby Jabi will have played his last game for us by today's showing I hear.

The turnout at Celtic Park today was a fucking disgrace also. "Best Fans in the World" indeed... o_O

I love how they lie about how many fans are there for the League home games, by counting the season ticket holders every fortnight regardless of whether they are there or not.

In the Cup the turnout's more accurate as they have to split gate receipts, otherwise we'd be seeing a 50,000 crowd figure again.

Boruc today :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The Don's highlights were hardly worth watching! Also... is it my eyes or is Jimmy Calderwood not looking particularly 'tanned' these days?!?!

He's an idiot.

"The pitch was certainly a leveller today."

WHAT?

Surely a slicker pitch should be conducive to an SPL side's slicker passing game vs Second Division opposition. Fair enough, Alloa play and train on that pitch for a whole season, but Christ! Usually it's a shitty muddy pitch that's the 'leveller' in these kind of cup games.

He's an idiot.

"The pitch was certainly a leveller today."

WHAT?

Surely a slicker pitch should be conducive to an SPL side's slicker passing game vs Second Division opposition. Fair enough, Alloa play and train on that pitch for a whole season, but Christ! Usually it's a shitty muddy pitch that's the 'leveller' in these kind of cup games.

i lawled at that too, bloody idiot.

those surfaces are fucking excellent (montrose have one), they enable nice passing football, fast paced football and expose honkey defenders for what they are

are aberdeen a bunch of cloggers or what?

At the start of the week, he moaned about the pitch before even seeing it. Then he said it was actually a lot better than he expected, and was looking forward to training on it. After training on it he said it was different, but not a problem. Then after the game he's using it as an excuse for a terrible performance.

He'a a balloon. Needs to go!

And that's 4 for the Arabs.

And that (eventual) win completes my coupon :love:

An all round decent weekend:

• First ICT win since Nov 2008
  • Bragging rights over Scorge
  • Excellent performances from new signings
  • Not too bad a draw in the Cup
  • Bets all come off
  • Winnings used to buy new Scotland GK top cheap from JJB and the Scotland yellow/white away top from 1990 from Ebay

Another tough draw for rrrrasellikbyraway I see.

Nine years since Peterhead stalwarts Bobby Mann and Martin Bavidge helped super Caley go ballistic at Parkhead... Bobby even "scored" that day (though Lubo Moravcik

nicked it, the bassa). Super Blue Toon go ballistic?

All we've got to do is win at Hampden first :up:

Nine years since Peterhead stalwarts Bobby Mann and Martin Bavidge helped super Caley go ballistic at Parkhead... Bobby even "scored" that day (though Lubo Moravcik

nicked it, the bassa). Super Blue Toon

9 years!! Christ I suddenly feel a bit more old. I've still got the poster from the newspaper up in my classroom :love:

He's fat

He's round

He's worth a million pounds

Bobby Mann

Blobby Mann!

By all accounts he was the best player on the pitch in Barry Wilson's testimonial against Liverpool XI (not that hard I know...)

Apparently one of them is Dessaily and he is very biased, but my French is less than formidable.

Haha. Well, my high school French isn't helping. Little bits I can understand. That's mostly when they're getting excited at an attack and they're going It's dangerous, he's dangerous. The French pronunciation of the names is also quite amusing.