aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

I can see this Kaka situation going down the Ronaldo/Real saga road. i.e. tons of column inches for ages without anything happening... ZZZzzzz

Saying that, I'd love it if he just fucked off the whole prestige and loyalty of playing for AC Milan and cashed in for the big bucks. Would be great to see him play in the prem.

I don't think for a second that Kaka will go to Manchester City (at least in this window). I dunno, he never really came across as the mercenary tap a la Robinho.

Another one I heard was Adriano to Spuds in a swap deal with Gareth Bale. He was probably the best striker in the world four years ago but he's probably one of the biggest wankers in football. Wasn't 'Arry talking about the players needing to "stand up and be counted" the other day? And then he goes and supposedly targets one of the stroppiest bastards in world football.

Good een, min.

rumoured to be offered 500 grand a week, that indeed is madness if true! but i really cant see kaka going to man city, mind you who thought robinho would go there? i dont think trying to buy the biggest world stars is going to help them in the short term, rome wasnt built in a day and all that.

but as a small time shit club supporter these ridiculous figures being touted around are doing the game no good at all. no footballer should earn 100 grand a week let alone 500...

nah, some kids jumped the fence and ran about on the track around 87th minute. certainly seen nae fighting but there was a bit of antagonism from both sets of fans

i hate the old firm. if i was a player I wouldnt be applauding those fans at each final whistle. they are the shitest type of fan there is, an embarrasment to the club

Wait till you have experience the away end of Ipox or Parkheeeid. Never before have I felt so genetically superior to other 'human beings'. The unwashed tend to spend the entire game staring at you, until they score, then spend the rest of the game slagging you off for getting beat by a debt ridden club of overpaid minks and wasters.

The closest i've ever come to being ejected from a ground.

Wait till you have experience the away end of Ipox or Parkheeeid. Never before have I felt so genetically superior to other 'human beings'. The unwashed tend to spend the entire game staring at you, until they score, then spend the rest of the game slagging you off for getting beat by a debt ridden club of overpaid minks and wasters.

The closest i've ever come to being ejected from a ground.

The policing outside the ground is also something truly special at Ibrox. The away fans and the Huns from the stand behind the goal mixed in between two lines of police, with the Orcs, who massively outnumber you, allowed to do as they please (spit, kick etc.) while away supporters get in trouble for swearing. Marvellous.

no matter how shit your team is at least yours hasn't just been beaten 5-0 at home by crawley town in the FA Trophy 2nd round...... (unless your a fellow cambridge united supporter).

No. We just got beaten 1-0 by an incredibly shit Hully City second string team managed by a horrible orange Mackem wanker who only managed to muster ONE shot on target the whole game...

Sometimes I wish I was a Blue Square supporter, let me tell ya :).

No. We just got beaten 1-0 by an incredibly shit Hully City second string team managed by a horrible orange Mackem wanker who only managed to muster ONE shot on target the whole game...

Sometimes I wish I was a Blue Square supporter, let me tell ya :).

yeah its fun in the BSP, problem is its getting crammed full of ex league clubs making it harder to get out of! yes a rather embarrasing result for newcastle last night! still on the plus side for us it was only the FA Trophy big test on saturday against woking (ah the glamour of the BSP).

This Kaka business is getting interesting. I doubt it can really be for half a million quid a week. That kind of unbalance would have some kind of affect on team morale, surely? Imagine if someone doing the same job as you was getting paid over 20 times the amount you are? Although these new City owners appear to be nothing but pound-signs and picking their favourite plays from Pro Evo as their transfer targets, they must certainly have the common sense to take things like this into consideration.

However, I do hope he stays at Milan. What a step backwards it would be, from a club with the history and prestige of Milan to Manchester City, who are still a few years from seriously competing for major silverware. He'd be playing within a better league if he joins City, but he's not going to see any major success for a while. Not with their increasingly flawed defense and questionable managerial tactics. Hughes is a good egg, but he's made some very questionable decisions this season, and I think he's a good few years off being a domestically successful manager.

I wonder if the ethnicity of the Manchester City owners will have any affect on Kaka and his strong religious beliefs. I wonder if those mad arabs will want Kaka taking his shirt off when he scores a goal, revealing his trademark "I Belong to Jesus" t shirt. It could be chaos!

steve tweed is the new montrose manager

Still a decent player, but from what I saw on that programme on Scottish football in Japan... he seems a bit of a plank.

After the Davie Hannah debacle, I would've thought they'd go for experience this time around. If Kenny Black can keep his nose out of team matters, maybe he'll do alright?

see, Im going to take the bait on this one...

kenny always has kept his nose out of team matters, its just an easy parting shot for bosses who get the chop or lazy media stories from bored journalists.

kenny has went on record countless times to say he doesnt interfere with first team stuff (the youth project is his baby), thats good enough for me. another example is here Montrose close to appointment - Montrose Today

kenny gets a hard time from people but he is a good guy and wants what is best for the club and his (large) investments. he has been shafted royally by people who claim to share the same vision during interviews/discussions but prove otherwise

Most of the fans are (and always have been) fully behind KB and the board, and I look forward to the Weir stuff coming out of the wash. At the time I was raging, going to the extent of booting him sitting 3rd in the league after our most succesful season in years, but the stories that eminated from it would confirm they did the right thing in chopping him