aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

The Dons result was a bit of a pisser but seeing Man City getting whomped 3-0 by Forest made my day. Micah Richards... wasn't this guy supposed to be a "world class" prospect last season? I dare say he's got a touch of the Bramble about him.

Apparently Newcastle want to sign Barry Ferguson...

They can have him.

But that'll never happen... because apparently he is Rangers. Does my head in. The midfield has not improved since he returned, and I guess that whilst Thomson is injured there's no getting rid. :(

I'll take him at Newcastle if you take Nicky Butt.

Deal?

I've got 9 hours of lesson prep and marking to do today in between watching the ICT v. Rankers game.

I don't know which one i'm more depressed about :(

I'm kind of hoping you beat the Scum today, might make you a bit more complacent ahead of Saturday. ;)

Another derby whooping for the gypsies yesterday, yas!

very :up:

This is the exact same post I put on UGS, but fuck it;

Inspirational second half performance from United yesterday; no one could've grumbled if we had ended up with all three points.

Most encouraging of all to fellow arabs is the point excellently conveyed in today's Scotland on Sunday; that United now have proven themselves to have no reason to show deference to two teams whom we have proven we can match by doing so at each time of asking this season, and thus no reason we should be content to settle for a good third place. (I've paraphrased this from memory; the original was much more eloquent.)

A push for second is maybe ambitious, especially with the vultures circling, but it is pleasing that the very notion of the Old Firm being challenged is now being considered in the press. Especially in the face of Strachan and Smith's ignorant, presumptuous arrogance.

I really like Levein as a manager, United have done very well in keeping him at the club. Can't imagine him being there past the summer if United's rise continues though...

In the ICT v. Sectarian minks game: (I have resorted to that term, as the amount of audible filth from the away end is increasing, in addition to plenty of the newly outlawed Hokey Cokey song; which they've only started singing since it was suggested at being sectarian)

- Nearly break vocal chords when Vigurs has a header from 6 yards out saved. Bah!!

EDIT:

There is a power cut in Inverness apparently, so match could be abandoned at HT if they can't get the power back on. Health and Safety issue as no proper lights in stands, no toilets etc etc

Would be typical since we're actually having a decent game.

No idea how they are still broadcasting the game if there is no power though ?(

Guest idol_wild
This is the exact same post I put on UGS, but fuck it;

Inspirational second half performance from United yesterday; no one could've grumbled if we had ended up with all three points.

Most encouraging of all to fellow arabs is the point excellently conveyed in today's Scotland on Sunday; that United now have proven themselves to have no reason to show deference to two teams whom we have proven we can match by doing so at each time of asking this season, and thus no reason we should be content to settle for a good third place. (I've paraphrased this from memory; the original was much more eloquent.)

A push for second is maybe ambitious, especially with the vultures circling, but it is pleasing that the very notion of the Old Firm being challenged is now being considered in the press. Especially in the face of Strachan and Smith's ignorant, presumptuous arrogance.

I have been thoroughly impressed with United this season. They have some good young players, play a decent brand of effective football, and generally prove very difficult for any side to beat.

However, 11 points behind Rangers at this stage suggests you're right to think it's a tad ambitious to seriously challenge for second. I wouldn't even say third place is wrapped up.

It's a pity United just don't get the crowds to match their league position these days.

I have been thoroughly impressed with United this season. They have some good young players, play a decent brand of effective football, and generally prove very difficult for any side to beat.

However, 11 points behind Rangers at this stage suggests you're right to think it's a tad ambitious to seriously challenge for second. I wouldn't even say third place is wrapped up.

It's a pity United just don't get the crowds to match their league position these days.

Gates are improving, as inevitably happens. I'd imagine that'll continue as long as we keep doing well and the Dees keep slumming it in the 1st. ;)

I agree that 3rd spot is very much still hotly contended; only a fool would think it was wrapped up with near enough half the season to go! Still, looking good at the moment, so fingers crossed.

and the merry go round of the transfer window has begun where clubs replace over priced foreigners with similar over priced foreigners! i do think clubs chop and change too much at this time of year, seemingly for the sake of it.

and manchester city are rumoured to be buying everyone - on their shopping list apparently is richard branson, the queen, freddie mercury, davina macoll, basil brush and shergar.

and they get wayne bridge!

Man City about to spunk 12m and 100k p/w on one of the most average central midfielders I have ever seen, Scott Parker.

That is one of the most ludicrous transfer deals ever done. Seriously. I hope they fire Sparky and get relegated or something.

They clearly arn't taking medical records into consideration. When Abramovich bought Chelsea did they not sign Scott Parker and Wayne Bridge?