aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Here's my thought on today's game, just before I catch the Elgin to Inverness train.

I hear that Aberdeen have sold out the away end? Well done, cheers for that. There is also rumours that we're giving you an extra 500 tickets, but I have no idea where that would be in the stadium. Could be the uncovered West 'stand' which is more like a bus shelter, or it could be the uncovered section of the main stand closest to the away end, but i'm not sure how that would be stewarded. Either way, any Dons fans struggling to get tickets will have plenty of choice in the home end if they want to go undercover.

As for the game itself I really don't know how to feel. We have really struggled at home, but also have turned in our best performances in front of big crowds; so perhaps we'll play with more appetite (cue Ross Tokely joke).

I've also never seen so much confidence from Aberdeen supporting mates that they'll be walking away with the 3 points. Whilst form suggests you'll walk it, the games we've won this season are ones that no-one expected us to win (Falkirk, Aberdeen, Hibs, Killie away), so perhaps another shock on the cards?

Calum Murray is refereeing and usually he is rubbish with us. Seem to remember him giving quite a few pens to the opposition over the years, so i'll be putting a few quid on that bet.

Worst case scenario.... Dons pump us... but we get a wee bonus in Brewster resigning :)

I am drunk.

I win:)

I am hungover.

I lose.

Too ill to post anything substantial, but the summary is I thought ICT were perhaps marginally better than Aberdeen in terms of passing, but a country mile behind in terms of defending and finishing. Was never a foul for the first goal; but I had 5 on Mulgrew to score first at 20/1, so wasn't too annoyed.

Some good banter with majority of Dons fans. A minority were fannies.

Guest idol_wild
I am hungover.

I lose.

Too ill to post anything substantial, but the summary is I thought ICT were perhaps marginally better than Aberdeen in terms of passing, but a country mile behind in terms of defending and finishing. Was never a foul for the first goal; but I had 5 on Mulgrew to score first at 20/1, so wasn't too annoyed.

Some good banter with majority of Dons fans. A minority were fannies.

I think Aberdeen are possibly the worst passing side in the SPL actually. Really terrible. And I find it tends to be a growing minority of Aberdeen supporters who are idiots these days. Which is another reason I don't go to any games now.

But every club has those.

I'm still wondering why the radio reported 4-0, though. Odd.

I think Aberdeen are possibly the worst passing side in the SPL actually. Really terrible. And I find it tends to be a growing minority of Aberdeen supporters who are idiots these days. Which is another reason I don't go to any games now.

But every club has those.

I'm still wondering why the radio reported 4-0, though. Odd.

Our passing's dire, but I think we make other sides look a lot better in posession by failing miserably to close them down properly.

Good old Tottenham Hotspur. Can always rely on those horrible bastards for three festive points. Of course, it helps that Pavlyuchenko and Campbell are utter shite. Good competitive game though, both defences played pretty well and Jose Enrique had Aaron Lennon in has back pocket for pretty much the whole game. Onwards and upwards now.

:up:

Our passing's dire, but I think we make other sides look a lot better in posession by failing miserably to close them down properly.

The passing has been not too bad of late, well, improving. Short snappy passes seem to be working for them instead of the long ball shite that has been passed off as our passing for most of last season and the start of this one..