aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Spurs appear to actually be going back in time now, Defoe and Chimbonda have both re-signed and they're after Robbie Keane.

Redknapp reveals interest in Keane | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Next up, Steffan Iversen, Jurgen Klinnsman, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gary Lineker, Ricky Villa....

The worst part is its all players who were at the club less than a year ago!

Spurs appear to actually be going back in time now, Defoe and Chimbonda have both re-signed and they're after Robbie Keane.

Redknapp reveals interest in Keane | English Premier League | Football News from TEAMtalk

Next up, Steffan Iversen, Jurgen Klinnsman, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gary Lineker, Ricky Villa....

Danny Blanchflower maybe!

Phil's ridiculous collection of teams aside...

I can see Alan Hutton getting punted v.soon, as a result of Chimbonda arriving. They now have Corluka and that young guy Gunter (?) who can play right back as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him return to Rangers on loan or the likes of Sunderland for 3 or 4 million .

Phil's ridiculous collection of teams aside...

I can see Alan Hutton getting punted v.soon, as a result of Chimbonda arriving. They now have Corluka and that young guy Gunter (?) who can play right back as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see him return to Rangers on loan or the likes of Sunderland for 3 or 4 million .

He isn't going anywhere. Chimbonda has been brought in as cover at both right back and central defence. Hutton is probably going to be out for most of the rest of the season and we need more depth in defence. Gunter will probably go out on loan next season.

He isn't going anywhere. Chimbonda has been brought in as cover at both right back and central defence. Hutton is probably going to be out for most of the rest of the season and we need more depth in defence. Gunter will probably go out on loan next season.

I know I'm being a pedant but can you not just say 'they' instead of 'we'. Just reads daft. I would stick an IMO but it probably isn't just MO.

Its just that I read your posts and at the appropriate part of a sentence someone runs into my room and shouts 'WE'.

Yeah that lst bits in my head but I've had a pleasant but long day...

• Upvote 1

I know I'm being a pedant but can you not just say 'they' instead of 'we'. Just reads daft. I would stick an IMO but it probably isn't just MO.

Its just that I read your posts and at the appropriate part of a sentence someone runs into my room and shouts 'WE'.

Yeah that lst bits in my head but I've had a pleasant but long day...

No dice.

So, that's Chimbonda back at Spurs now too? And 'Arry the Wheeler Dealer is now airing interest in Robbie Keane. If they get Keane by the end of the day, that will leave from now til Saturday to seal the deal with Teddy Sheringham, Darren Anderton and Les Ferdinand. One big happy family reunion. Glen Hoddle is probably free for a kick about too. All aboard.

Jokes aside, Harry Redknapp is an insufferable fuckbucket. Give it 18 months, he'll sign with another club and eventually bring Defoe and Chimbonda with him like some kind of Managerial pass the pissing parcel. Bell end.

what a great idea, bring back the duds that juande managed to shift and sign a 34 year old goalkeeper with as much first team games as me this season. Redknapp is a knob he constantly goes public with transfers even if they have no chance in getting them and its a disgusting signing policy, i honestly can see them going down this season, even with defoe they will stuggle to score goals, bently doesnt look interested, bent is described by his name, and the russian who i cant spell looks like he really regretts moving to London, maybe he should have listened to Rebrov................

Terry Butcher to be the new Inverness boss with Maurice Backpass as his assistant!!

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Inverness CT | Butcher to become Inverness boss

Poor Ross - first division football grounds for him next season!

On Butcher getting the job...

Put a 10 on it last night at 20/1.

Ross = not so poor :up:

Would've preferred Robbo, but i'll reserve judgement on Butcher till the end of the season. Hope he does well and doesn't leave us with Malpas in charge!!

I wouldn't describe Defoe as a dud. He was just behind Berbatov and Keane in the pecking order. Keane was on hot form for Spurs but he's flopped in a more competitive side.

Yeah but he wasnt getting a game when they had their "good" strikers, now they are gone he will get a game, doesnt say much for him really does it? Plus when he did leave it was to pompy, hardly one of the big teams. I dont think he is useless but he isnt up to a top standard and i get the feeling he thinks a lot of himself and after what he did to westham on the day they went down he doesnt deserve sucess.

Well, put the money somewhere safe - you'll need it for your trips to QOTS, Clyde, Dundee, Morton, Livingston, Partick and Dunfermline next season!

Still, the Ross County derby game should be fun!

I enjoyed the trips to games when we were in the 3rd/2nd/1st division, so i suppose it isn't all bad right enuff :up:

In other news... lets all help convict some manky Rangers fans

The Rangers fans who Greater Manchester Police want to speak to

Some total crackers in there :up:

Yeah but he wasnt getting a game when they had their "good" strikers, now they are gone he will get a game, doesnt say much for him really does it? Plus when he did leave it was to pompy, hardly one of the big teams. I dont think he is useless but he isnt up to a top standard and i get the feeling he thinks a lot of himself and after what he did to westham on the day they went down he doesnt deserve sucess.

Well, Portsmouth have done a bit better than Spurs have the past 2 or 3 years. They've lost two big players though, so I can't imagine them keeping it up. Defoe is a good player easily of upper-mid table quality but he's obviously not going to play ahead of Berbatov. Robbie Keane is debatable.

Spurs have some players I like alot. Jenas and Lennon mostly. I just can't stand Mad Harry. He just seems to lack any real logic or common sense. I really dont understand why he jumped ship from Pompy either. He had started to build a really strong squad, and were battling against the likes of Milan in a pretty major tournament. Then he goes at jumps to a side who are bottom of the league and have lost far away their best player. Complete nutter.

Well, Portsmouth have done a bit better than Spurs have the past 2 or 3 years. They've lost two big players though, so I can't imagine them keeping it up. Defoe is a good player easily of upper-mid table quality but he's obviously not going to play ahead of Berbatov. Robbie Keane is debatable.

Spurs have some players I like alot. Jenas and Lennon mostly. I just can't stand Mad Harry. He just seems to lack any real logic or common sense. I really dont understand why he jumped ship from Pompy either. He had started to build a really strong squad, and were battling against the likes of Milan in a pretty major tournament. Then he goes at jumps to a side who are bottom of the league and have lost far away their best player. Complete nutter.

do you think he maybe took them as far as they could go? Lets not forget pompy get gates not much bigger than 20,000 everyweek, same size stadium as todders. I agree defoe isnt shit by any means but is he going to drag them out of a relegation battle? Saying that, would bellamy have made a difference.

In other news... lets all help convict some manky Rangers fans

The Rangers fans who Greater Manchester Police want to speak to

Some total crackers in there :up:

Dearie me. Some interesting characters in that bunch!! Some of the pictures are really unclear though. But I guess to someone who knows the individuals they'll be able to tell them though the pixels.

Spurs made a rash of mistakes in regard to players sold during Ramos' reign. Defoe should never have gone anywhere, we (the supporters) love the man. He's come back and he's already scored 3 goals in 4 games and has been playing very effectively with Pavlyuchenko upfront and provides an alternative to his more physical game. Anyone who saw Pav's pass on to Defoe for his goal tonight against Stoke can't fail to see the potential of their partnership. Defoe's movement and Pav's physicality provide perfect foil for each other in a similar way to the Defoe/Crouch partnership.

Bentley looked miles better tonight and i think he'll have to buck up his ideas as Lennon, unless he makes a permanent shift to left wing (something i think he's capable of if he stops drifting in to the middle so much), will always be snapping at his heels to take his place. Modric looked more confident tonight but he needs to be a lot more consistent and could do with bulking up a little to stop him from buckling every time a challenge comes in. Zokora is a quality player with bags of energy and vision and an engine on him like a muscle car. The boy can not shoot for shit though, he seriously couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with an Exocet missile. If he'd try and use his abilities to get other people on the ball in the last third of the pitch he'd be a complete box to box midfielder.

Cudicini could help bring on Gomes and at least help tame his nerves. I would hate to be handed a Spurs keeper shirt as it's a thankless task, especially in the eyes of the media. For anyone who doubts Cudicini in any form, he was Chelsea's first choice keeper for quite a few seasons before Cech came in and he's managed a fair few games in the premier league (141) since joining Chelsea 10 years ago not to mention Champions League/FA Cup and League Cup runs. He'll add the missing experience between the sticks that we've lacked. Though why Robinson was sold in the first place will always be beyond me.

I'm not sure why Gareth Bale isn't getting the nod over Assou-Ekotto as A-E has looked pretty ropey as well. I think the main problem is the lack of a true left sided forward thinking player. Both Bentley and Lennon cut in a lot when they're playing on the left and leave whoever's playing Left Back very exposed. Given that neither Lennon or Bentley have a propensity for getting back to chip in that leaves a massive problem. An out and out left winger might not leave that middle part of the pitch on the left hand side so empty and not leave Bale or A-E all the work to do and a large area of ground to cover.

I would like to see another central defender in and either a solid midfielder (i think Miguel Veloso would fill both those roles well) or a left winger (not Stewart Downing though). The striker reassessment can wait until the summer when Campbell goes back to Utd and Harry can maybe look seriously at offloading Bent (that miss against Portsmouth was the most criminal thing i've ever seen. He'd have been better running backwards at it as he'd have had more chance of it going in off him by accident). Getting Keane back in is something i don't think will happen and won't help matters at all. In my mind it would always be either him or Defoe and it's Defoe that has a Spurs shirt on his back at the moment.

I'm not a massive fan of Harry as a man, but he's a great manager. It will take time for him to get the best out of the team, but there is the quality there to work with. I'm pretty sure there's no real danger of going down this year. Can't wait for the League Cup final either. Nobody expected a win over Chelsea last year but the Cup came back to the Lane at the end of the day.