aberdeen-music

2008/2009 Season Thread

Bigsby

Yep...I was sure Bossu would drop a cross, or worse.....happily the one that he spilled didn't come to anything.

4 points out of a possible 6 against the bigots!! :up:

is it just me that's horrendously disappointed? feels like a total anti-climax at 0-0. i've not seen the game yet cause i was working but was listening to bits on the radio. even 1-1 woulda been better. ach weel, at least we got a point.

Need some feedback for a flag that a group of us who go to Scotland games are making...

n1379104477_231516_9162.jpg

It is an Idlewild reference by the way if you were wondering. Since we're all from different areas of Scotland originally and support different club teams; Idlewild is one of the only shared passions I can think of that we have/had over the years, with 'Hope is Important' being a significant album for each of us when it was released. Relevant statement to have for Scotland games I think, and something which the TV cameras and papers will pick up on...

A9TA is the branch name we've come up with, to represent the loooong road which we have to travel each time to get to the home games. Red text to seperate it from the 'Hope is Important' and since that colour plays a part in all the club teams we support.

Is it shit? I'll accept it being average/ok, since it is bloody hard to come up with something original/meaningful/effective!!!

worst Dons - Huns game I can ever remember being at. Still, 4 points against the infirm is good enough for me!

thought we looked off the pace and a bit sluggish today - and that's a really, really poor Ramgers team that were there for the taking.

Fingers crossed for Dundee Utd and Hearts getting beat as well today - although it's 1-0 to Hearts against ICT & I doubt they'll turn things aroud. DUFC 1-0 down... fingers crossed....

I quite like it - and I appreciate the A9 reference having travelled that many a time.

Excellent, many thanks :up:

It is going to be a 5ft x 10ft flag, which we'll be taking to all the games home and away. Stereotypical thing to do I know, but it'll add something to the photos we take and increase our chances of getting on TV or in the paper :love:

Shit! Goal for ICT! Get in!!

Penalty save from the magnificent Ryan Esson :up:

Then Roy McBain gets a straight red for 'Foul and Abusive Language'. I'd love to know what swear words he used to get sent off!? Where's Christy when you need him?

EDIT: Hearts 2-1. Boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I blame McBain (not the Simpsons character).

Our best away performance for months, Bobby Mann's first start since August, and a point earned with 4 minutes left. Decent.

I was at the Glebe yesterday (got in for free, yas), thought both teams were pretty poor, a point each was probably about right.

Maxi - Baird played well yesterday: still 100% workrate, though he hasn't been banging them in yet.

Three Bobby Mann's = :laughing:

:up:

I was at the Glebe yesterday (got in for free, yas), thought both teams were pretty poor, a point each was probably about right.

The quality of football was no great shakes, but loads or chances for each side. Baird was unlucky with his chip at the start of the second half, while the number of times we should have had the ball in the net was unbelievable.

When you've not won a point away from home since September, anything's positive :up:

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Penalty save from the magnificent Ryan Esson :up:

Then Roy McBain gets a straight red for 'Foul and Abusive Language'. I'd love to know what swear words he used to get sent off!? Where's Christy when you need him?

EDIT: Hearts 2-1. Boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I blame McBain (not the Simpsons character).

Foul and abusive language could be any number of things I reckon. Going by the letter of the law, I think (though I haven't looked at the rule book...), just using "fuck" "cunt" or other such words can get you sent off.

I think most refs (at my sort of level) will let you off with any amount of swearing until it is directed at them, as in "You're fucking shite, ref" or "Fuck you ref, I've shagged your mum". or "Christy, you're a cunt". Straight red.

BUT, at professional level, it seems to take an awful lot to get even booked as far as swearing at the refs are concerned. Wayne Rooney is the best example - I've seen him on TV clearly saying "Fuck off, ref" and similar phrases many many times, and just getting off with it.

Foul and abusive language could be any number of things I reckon. Going by the letter of the law, I think (though I haven't looked at the rule book...), just using "fuck" "cunt" or other such words can get you sent off.

I think most refs (at my sort of level) will let you off with any amount of swearing until it is directed at them, as in "You're fucking shite, ref" or "Fuck you ref, I've shagged your mum". or "Christy, you're a cunt". Straight red.

BUT, at professional level, it seems to take an awful lot to get even booked as far as swearing at the refs are concerned. Wayne Rooney is the best example - I've seen him on TV clearly saying "Fuck off, ref" and similar phrases many many times, and just getting off with it.

That's one thing that really fucks me off about Rooney, as soon as a decision goes against him he's up in the ref's face shouting abuse, with the veins sticking out of his big caveman forehead. Absolute cretin. It seems to be the norm with Man United (Giggs and Keane were also repeat offenders), they're cheating bastards, which makes me question if it's Fergie who teaches them to surround the ref to try and scare him from giving more decisions against them, or if it's just the arrogance that comes with playing for Man U and thinking you're better than everyone. I can't remember Rooney ever doing it when he was at Everton.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
That's one thing that really fucks me off about Rooney, as soon as a decision goes against him he's up in the ref's face shouting abuse, with the veins sticking out of his big caveman forehead. Absolute cretin. It seems to be the norm with Man United (Giggs and Keane were also repeat offenders), they're cheating bastards, which makes me question if it's Fergie who teaches them to surround the ref to try and scare him from giving more decisions against them, or if it's just the arrogance that comes with playing for Man U and thinking you're better than everyone. I can't remember Rooney ever doing it when he was at Everton.

He wasn't old enough to know any swear words when he was at Everton...