aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Cinema "food" has been taking the piss for years. I haven't bought popcorn, nachos or hotdogs in a cinema for years. Vote with your wallet, it's the only language these fools understand.

It is brutal, I normally don't buy anything, maybe a drink at a push, I was just really hungry today.

The cinema is just mental. Imagine going if you had like 2-3 kids all wanting their own juice and popcorn? Bankruptcy. 

The price of popcorn makes my piss boil. It's just kernels heated up and sprinkled with salt or sugar. How can you charge anything over a pound for that? Surely they'd sell fuck tons more if they charged a more sensible price.

• Upvote 1

I remember once I fancied a pic 'n' mix. Bad move. Never again. The cup wasn't even full and I was near a tenner.

I do normally go for popcorn and juice when I'm there. Make a night of it. If I want sweets and stuff it's normally poundland before hand and hide them as best I can.

A good tip, and what I usually do, if you go with a student, just say "ah shit I forgot my card". When they look at you, give a cheeky grin. I haven't bought a adult ticket in a long while.

Guest Young Adolesent

Posh

not really the service was brilliant. It was the bands first time with the new singsr so had to make a good impression. Plus they tried their luck chatting up our waitress. She loved it

Where do you go for that???

the grove. Albyn place richard does a great hotcock

Square One on George Street has closed.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/3350158

Shame, that place was legendary. One of those little places that had the stuff no-one else ever did, and you could just go in and describe roughly what you needed and they always knew exactly what it was.

"I need a little bit of metal, that's *this* kind of shape with the bit on the end that fixes on to the other bit, with the stuff on it?"

"Ah yes sir, you mean the threaded cross flange roll pin assembly clamp. They're just over here"

"Perfect, thanks. Oh, and I'll take one of those egg timers in the shape of a frog too"

Shame, that place was legendary. One of those little places that had the stuff no-one else ever did, and you could just go in and describe roughly what you needed and they always knew exactly what it was.

"I need a little bit of metal, that's *this* kind of shape with the bit on the end that fixes on to the other bit, with the stuff on it?"

"Ah yes sir, you mean the threaded cross flange roll pin assembly clamp. They're just over here"

"Perfect, thanks. Oh, and I'll take one of those egg timers in the shape of a frog too"

Ah rubbish. Square One proved to be very convenient in a lot of instances. Shame that.

Guest Cool Thinker

not really the service was brilliant. It was the bands first time with the new singsr so had to make a good impression. Plus they tried their luck chatting up our waitress. She loved it

Oh my brother lives above that.

Guest Young Adolesent

Oh my brother lives above that.

its a nice place richards people skills are brilliant, the sandwich shop next to it is brilliant but the que is always out the door your brother hss a nice house

Guest Cool Thinker

Don't you find it a bit weird talking to people who work in shops I was reading a thread on Digital Spy and one big complaint from Retail workers is when people ask them where something is apparently it distracts them.

There is that shop just off Broad Street that sells lots of stuff you should go to it before it disappears which might happen soon I can feel it.

On another note ASDA night staff at Bridge of Dee have no people skills they think it's inconvienent to have customers in the shop.

Edited by Cool Thinker

Don't you find it a bit weird talking to people who work in shops I was reading a thread on Digital Spy and one big complaint from Retail workers is when people ask them where something is apparently it distracts them.

There is that shop just off Broad Street that sells lots of stuff you should go to it before it disappears which might happen soon I can feel it.

On another note ASDA night staff at Bridge of Dee have no people skills they think it's inconvienent to have customers in the shop.

Do you go up to them when they are trying to work and just tell them random bus timetables and cinema times? I like to think you do.

• Upvote 6

Guest Cool Thinker

Do you go up to them when they are trying to work and just tell them random bus timetables and cinema times? I like to think you do.

No, they just don't like you being there when they are stocking the shelves even though they are open 24 Hours. They block the aisles walkways and you have to squeeze past them. They huff if you are on their aisle.

At night they don't have anyone on tills and it's only the self service check outs but they have an assistant who is miserable because the till she used to use during the day is now a self service till. She was miserable before they moved her to nights she is lucky to be in a job I would of let her go.

Do you reckon she actually loved it or did she just not want to lose her job by teling you all to fuck off?

At night they don't have anyone on tills and it's only the self service check outs but they have an assistant who is miserable because the till she used to use during the day is now a self service till. She was miserable before they moved her to nights she is lucky to be in a job I would of let her go.

I was in the Torry Tesco's just after opening times once and there was one older female retail assistant on a sinlge till and the 4 self service check outs were open.  Everyone was just piling through the self service checkouts and she was left doing nothing, as I went through self service (keeping a low profile by following the trend in retail habits, natch, don't want to alert the drones to my presence) the auld wifie started having a rant at the supervisor about how there was no point in her being there and she should just have stayed in bed or be payed off.  Oh how I quietly chucked to myself as I continued on my way to another futile days dull and pointless toil.  That was the highlight of the week commencing 25th Feb 2013.