aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

Portrait Studio next to the toilets has been there for over 10 years and is brilliant.

Also the ceramic cafe was added in 2011.

Maybe it was 4 years ago then. I didn't enjoy the chair-o-planes. I'm not a fan of rides. Those big coasters at Alton Towers and the likes look my idea of hell.

I was in Bulgaria with my ex in 2010, there was a bungee rocket she really wanted to go on, I was like "no way brah!" So she ended going on it by herself with a bag of sand in the other seat to balance it out.

Guest Young Adolesent

I wasn't dreaming it did open later because I remember being there when it was dark which right now would be near impossible due to them closing at 4pm in October. I remember going on a go kart type thing where a part of the building has been built, although I was not alive when outside there was a massive go kart track. I wonder if Alan Cynic (If he is still active) would know more about Codonas in the 70's etc.

Codona's is an odd place because I went there once when I was really young around 1999/2000 and then did not visit until around 2003 and then I go there every year so my memories are abit scattered and confusing due to them expanding the inside where it used to just go up to Wimpy. There was a Bouncy Castle there when I went there the first time 1999/2000 I was 3 or 4 so I was not sure if I was imaging it or not same with the go kart track but on a sign next to the ghost train it confirms there was a bouncy castle there at some point. You could also get your photo taken on the log flume which they got rid of but have since returned (2010).

The kiddie ride outside where you sit on a animal or car thing and it goes up a hill I tried to climb out of that when I was younger although I do not remember that.

The Looping Star was where the crazy train is now but I do not remember that my brother and sister do and also it is confirmed by Google Earth through archive map. People also used to scream on the looping star but not any more which explains why they are trying to shift it. I remember The Twister used to be where The Apple Coaster is before they got rid of it in 2003. When they first got The Apple Coaster it was where The Crazy Train is now. The Swings used to be where The Grampian Eye is now before they moved to where The Waltzers are now but they got rid of it and now it belongs to M&D's.

A timeline of recent history

2004 - Some ride is added from Mexico that swings from side to side for a limited time. (Link Below)

2005 - The Grampian Eye is added after being built in Italy.

2006 - The Miami is added for a limited time.

2007 - Pirate Island outdoor adventure golf is added.

2008 - Congo Indoor adventure golf is added. The ghost train is revamped.

2009 - The Gallion is added and The Swings are taken away.

2010 - Super Trucks are added and you can now get your photo taken on the log flume again.

2011 - The Dodgems are moved upstairs. Ceramic Cafe added.

2012 - The Change Nothing

2013 - Ramboland changes to Smugglers Cove.

The mexican thing was just like this - http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/p7290020_281.jpg

Hopefully they add something new in 2014 because I am getting bored of it.

i haven't been in about a year or two. way too boring now. no new rides. and nothing exiting there. id rather watch the tide coming in. 

EDIT* i think really Aberdeen has lost its wow factor. no wonder there's so much kids committing crimes. Theirs nothing to do,

Edited by Young Adolesent

Guest Cool Thinker

i haven't been in about a year or two. way too boring now. no new rides. and nothing exiting there. id rather watch the tide coming in. 

EDIT* i think really Aberdeen has lost its wow factor. no wonder there's so much kids committing crimes. Theirs nothing to do,

They are trying to shift The Looping Star but no-one wants it. The only thing there is in my area for 17 year olds is rehab.

• Upvote 1

Guest Young Adolesent

They are trying to shift The Looping Star but no-one wants it. The only thing there is in my area for 17 year olds is rehab.

i think they be as well tipping the rusted piece of crap. most boring and painful 2 minutes of my life the ride! i think it would help also if the never employed the "mob" at cadonas.

your never too old for lazer tag. but rehab is always a option

whos up for an ab music game of lazer tag?

Guest Cool Thinker

i think they be as well tipping the rusted piece of crap. most boring and painful 2 minutes of my life the ride! i think it would help also if the never employed the "mob" at cadonas.

your never too old for lazer tag. but rehab is always a option

whos up for an ab music game of lazer tag?

I am up for it.

I wasn't dreaming it did open later because I remember being there when it was dark which right now would be near impossible due to them closing at 4pm in October. I remember going on a go kart type thing where a part of the building has been built, although I was not alive when outside there was a massive go kart track. I wonder if Alan Cynic (If he is still active) would know more about Codonas in the 70's etc.

Codona's is an odd place because I went there once when I was really young around 1999/2000 and then did not visit until around 2003 and then I go there every year so my memories are abit scattered and confusing due to them expanding the inside where it used to just go up to Wimpy. There was a Bouncy Castle there when I went there the first time 1999/2000 I was 3 or 4 so I was not sure if I was imaging it or not same with the go kart track but on a sign next to the ghost train it confirms there was a bouncy castle there at some point. You could also get your photo taken on the log flume which they got rid of but have since returned (2010).

The kiddie ride outside where you sit on a animal or car thing and it goes up a hill I tried to climb out of that when I was younger although I do not remember that.

The Looping Star was where the crazy train is now but I do not remember that my brother and sister do and also it is confirmed by Google Earth through archive map. People also used to scream on the looping star but not any more which explains why they are trying to shift it. I remember The Twister used to be where The Apple Coaster is before they got rid of it in 2003. When they first got The Apple Coaster it was where The Crazy Train is now. The Swings used to be where The Grampian Eye is now before they moved to where The Waltzers are now but they got rid of it and now it belongs to M&D's.

A timeline of recent history

2004 - Some ride is added from Mexico that swings from side to side for a limited time. (Link Below)

2005 - The Grampian Eye is added after being built in Italy.

2006 - The Miami is added for a limited time.

2007 - Pirate Island outdoor adventure golf is added.

2008 - Congo Indoor adventure golf is added. The ghost train is revamped.

2009 - The Gallion is added and The Swings are taken away.

2010 - Super Trucks are added and you can now get your photo taken on the log flume again.

2011 - The Dodgems are moved upstairs. Ceramic Cafe added.

2012 - The Change Nothing

2013 - Ramboland changes to Smugglers Cove.

The mexican thing was just like this - http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/p7290020_281.jpg

Hopefully they add something new in 2014 because I am getting bored of it.

here's something for you CT

Edited by MattJimF

Guest Cool Thinker

The Water Polo in the 2014 Commonwealth Games will be held at The Aberdeen Aquatics Centre which is due to open in 2014 at the sports village.

Guest Cool Thinker

29 hours.  Didn't think to cut the power to the thing.  Fucking idiots.

The company came out but they could not hear it.

Guest Cool Thinker

Friends and family apparently had a look at it.  Not one of them thought to switch off the MCB.

They could not do that though. The old quine would miss River City.

• Upvote 1