aberdeen-music

Cool Thinkers Cool Thoughts & Local News Thread

Guest Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

How come you just replied without your signature?

Consistency please.

Kirsten did not have a mental moment so basically that would be like some guy saying "I hate Polish people" and then saying that it reflects everyone in Scotland.

Kirsten did not have a mental moment so basically that would be like some guy saying "I hate Polish people" and then saying that it reflects everyone in Scotland.

Thank you, that is very thoughtful of you.

I have enjoyed the last few pages of this thread immensely. I will also pass on the news to my friend Steve about Jewsters as the last time he was in Aberdeen, he was delighted by it as he is Jewish and thought it might make a good new nickname.

Edited by kirsten

Guest Cool Thinker

That's my birthday. I'll not be in aberdeen.

Where's everyone else going to be at on the 24th of July - AKA J-Lo's birthday?

I will be at the Dentist because I have a hole in my tooth and it hurts so so much.

Guest Cool Thinker

Foot Factory on Union Street has closed down.

Hallmark on George Street has closed down.

Modelzone in Bon Accord Centre has started a closing down sale expected to close in August.

Guest Giles Walker

I will be at the Dentist because I have a hole in my tooth and it hurts so so much.

You should try eating somewhere other than Greggs duder, that stuff will rot your teeth away to nothing.

• Upvote 1

Guest Cool Thinker

You should try eating somewhere other than Greggs duder, that stuff will rot your teeth away to nothing.

Hello Giles Wanker,

I don't eat at Greggs alot.

Yours Sincerely

CT (SC)

The CT Team

CT (TL)

Kirsten (PA)

Follow on Twitter 

Guest Cool Thinker

This is my first check up with this dentist so they don't know me and they are going to be surprised 5 of my teeth went shit at once. I am going to have to wait 4 months before this toothache will stop so it is not a laughing matter.

I have to wait until College starts before I can make some sort of life in Aberdeen so I am really depressed.

Last night someone downstairs was making alot of noise by having a party, I had nothing too search for on the internet, I had toothache. That was hell.

I am going to the carnivals today though :).

Edited by Cool Thinker

Guest Cool Thinker

I find brushing my teeth helps - Alot.

When you smash your head and your teeth cracks and crumbles brushing your teeth would not have prevented this.

Cool Thinker

Kirsten (PA)

Guest Cool Thinker

971569_525957177471068_1206773129_n.jpg

cool thinker!

fan will this be mended?

Dunno, ask them. Thank you for posting this image. 

Anyone remember when that place burned down and roof caved in???

Guest Cool Thinker

Some facts about the looping star:

When it was put on the roof it was originally only supposed to be up there for 5 years.

They have been trying to sell it for quite a while probably to buy a bigger and better roller coaster but first they need to get rid of this one.

Guest Cool Thinker

Another cool fact is putting it on the roof cost the Codona's a shit load of money because of the noise. Which ment no companies wanted to use their fancy conference room upstairs, and which is why it no longer exists and we have a shitty putting thing. 

/coolthought.

I remember sitting in the restaurant thing above the Congo Golf and you could hear the vibration. It is slowly damaging the building.

Codona's have some real good lights on their rides but because they don't open at night you don't get to see them. 

Edited by Cool Thinker

Ah I remember when they used to be open until 10pm, you got the wristband, and on certain rides you didn't have to re-queue, you just put your hand with the band in the air so they could check it, the sidewinder placed next to the corner of the metal shed, that made you think you were going to smash into it and the mini go-kart track.

I went to Codonas for the first time like 3 years ago. I went on the Chair-O-Planes and the Crazy Train and The Looping Star and the log flumes, then I almost threw up on the Grampian Eye because of my crippling fear of heights. I even got vertigo on the kiddie coaster, that stupid worm thing. Fuck heights. 

Guest Cool Thinker

I went to Codonas for the first time like 3 years ago. I went on the Chair-O-Planes and the Crazy Train and The Looping Star and the log flumes, then I almost threw up on the Grampian Eye because of my crippling fear of heights. I even got vertigo on the kiddie coaster, that stupid worm thing. Fuck heights. 

They got replaced by The Gallion 4 years ago.

Guest Cool Thinker

Ah I remember when they used to be open until 10pm, you got the wristband, and on certain rides you didn't have to re-queue, you just put your hand with the band in the air so they could check it, the sidewinder placed next to the corner of the metal shed, that made you think you were going to smash into it and the mini go-kart track.

I wasn't dreaming it did open later because I remember being there when it was dark which right now would be near impossible due to them closing at 4pm in October. I remember going on a go kart type thing where a part of the building has been built, although I was not alive when outside there was a massive go kart track. I wonder if Alan Cynic (If he is still active) would know more about Codonas in the 70's etc.

Codona's is an odd place because I went there once when I was really young around 1999/2000 and then did not visit until around 2003 and then I go there every year so my memories are abit scattered and confusing due to them expanding the inside where it used to just go up to Wimpy. There was a Bouncy Castle there when I went there the first time 1999/2000 I was 3 or 4 so I was not sure if I was imaging it or not same with the go kart track but on a sign next to the ghost train it confirms there was a bouncy castle there at some point. You could also get your photo taken on the log flume which they got rid of but have since returned (2010).

The kiddie ride outside where you sit on a animal or car thing and it goes up a hill I tried to climb out of that when I was younger although I do not remember that.

The Looping Star was where the crazy train is now but I do not remember that my brother and sister do and also it is confirmed by Google Earth through archive map. People also used to scream on the looping star but not any more which explains why they are trying to shift it. I remember The Twister used to be where The Apple Coaster is before they got rid of it in 2003. When they first got The Apple Coaster it was where The Crazy Train is now. The Swings used to be where The Grampian Eye is now before they moved to where The Waltzers are now but they got rid of it and now it belongs to M&D's.

A timeline of recent history

2004 - Some ride is added from Mexico that swings from side to side for a limited time. (Link Below)

2005 - The Grampian Eye is added after being built in Italy.

2006 - The Miami is added for a limited time.

2007 - Pirate Island outdoor adventure golf is added.

2008 - Congo Indoor adventure golf is added. The ghost train is revamped.

2009 - The Gallion is added and The Swings are taken away.

2010 - Super Trucks are added and you can now get your photo taken on the log flume again.

2011 - The Dodgems are moved upstairs. Ceramic Cafe added.

2012 - The Change Nothing

2013 - Ramboland changes to Smugglers Cove.

The mexican thing was just like this - http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/files/p7290020_281.jpg

Hopefully they add something new in 2014 because I am getting bored of it.

Edited by Cool Thinker