aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Forget the metaphorical footballing black cloud that is Scotland, and put a massive give on your face by looking at "25 photographs of Andrey Arshavin being epic"

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/arsenal/84017/25-photos-of-andrey-arshavin-being-epic-an-arshav-a-lanche-if-you-will.html

If that doesn't cheer you up, then life is a privilege you don't deserve.

I like to look at them and do a caption contest for each. I imagine he uses as few words as possible, and just says what he sees. "This is my hat" and "Big man is big" for example

Ar13-500x334.jpg

"I want balloon!"

Forget the metaphorical footballing black cloud that is Scotland, and put a massive give on your face by looking at "25 photographs of Andrey Arshavin being epic"

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/arsenal/84017/25-photos-of-andrey-arshavin-being-epic-an-arshav-a-lanche-if-you-will.html

If that doesn't cheer you up, then life is a privilege you don't deserve.

I like to look at them and do a caption contest for each. I imagine he uses as few words as possible, and just says what he sees. "This is my hat" and "Big man is big" for example

ar15.jpg

"You come here to me."

Ar1-650x498.jpg

"Elementary."

I've got that jumper. What a great lad with great taste.

We're missing the real "what if" here. The lad that won the penalty (Rezak or fitever) should DEFINITELY HAVE BEEN SENT OFF.

I thought it was a standard Scotland performance, i.e. not really very good. Charlie Adam may be over rated, but he's still one of our key players I'm afraid. Hutton was pretty ghastly, but had some good moments. I think he looked pretty off the pace as he's not played much football recently (because he's not really all that good I suppose). Naismith was our worst player by a country mile IMO. Other than that, pretty standard performances from everyone. We'll lose to Lithuania, and then beat Lichtenstein and Spain but still not go through.

Not everyone gives a toss!

Goodwillie starting up front in a 4-5-1? We are doomed.....

Aww c'mon now, apparently Goodwillie is the saviour of Scottish football. Scotland are definitely going to win now.

I listened to the Scotland game on BBC Sportsound on Saturday, and I must say, Billy Dodds was the only man in that studio or at the game that seemed capable of speaking any sort of logic. Chick Young, Jim Traynor, and all those other fuckwits were claiming "Scotland are definitely going to beat the Czechs today - there's just a feeling in the air."

What the fuck? A "feeling in the air"? Is that what you cunts get paid to express and discuss as football pundits? My Dad despises football and he could have discussed the game in more depth and with more logic than that on Saturday, in addition to predicting a more accurate outcome.

Billy Dodds knew what was going to happen before the game even started. Didn't we all? The Czechs are a better football team than Scotland; why the fuck would "a feeling in the air" be enough to win a game of football? Dodds looked at their team, their rationale, their required result on the day, and their general motivational factors. The Czechs were never going to let Scotland beat them on Saturday, and although they fell behind twice, it appeared to me that they were always in near complete control of proceedings. A perfect passive/aggressive performance to get the result they required. But all that we have heard since then (and from Craig fucking Levein in particular) is that they cheated and that the referee was the deciding factor on the game. I don't buy this. Scotland had 89 other minutes in which to make it happen for them - the same length of time as the Czechs. The Czechs achieved what they needed to; Scotland never. There's no cheating involved there.

For me, the deciding factor of the game is that the Czechs are better at playing football than Scotland are.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

Phil - I agree that Czechs were better than Scotland for most of the game (not all of it), but you say we had 89 other minutes to get the job done. We were 2-1 ahead at that point, and their boy took a dive in the box and earned the point. That actually is cheating. But for that dive in the box, we (probably) would have won the game.

You can point back to the penalty shout in the first half which was definitely a penalty had the ref not missed it, but that has far less impact on the outcome of the match than an 89th minute penalty that brings it back to 2-2.

Not saying we deserved the win because we were pretty shit for a lot of it, but the better team doesn't always win games of football. Look at our win against Liechtenstein for evidence!!!

I was quietly confident that Scotland would win on Saturday. On paper our team was pretty good - the only question marks for me were Caldwell (who turned out to be very shaky defensively but quite good with the ball), Berra (who was excellent), Hutton (who was generally off the pace) and Fletcher (who was probably our best player). I know that's 3 quarters of our defence, but I thought going forward we would have enough to win the game at Hampden (and McGregor behind that shaky defence is a fucking rock). Not sure if it was a "feeling in the air" but based on the fact that they were fucking shit the last time we played them, we had a pretty strong team out and it was at Hampden, I thought we were going to win. I don't get paid to say shit like that though unfortunately.

Guest Gladstone

Brown suspended is a boost. Is Hutton suspended as well? I'd rather have Whittaker in the team than Hutton based on his performance on Saturday - he needs games of fitba if he's going to be fit enough for Scotland. Who else is missing from Saturday? Goodwillie in for Miller, Whittaker in for Hutton, Cowie in for Brown - who's Bannan in for?

Brown suspended is a boost. Is Hutton suspended as well? I'd rather have Whittaker in the team than Hutton based on his performance on Saturday - he needs games of fitba if he's going to be fit enough for Scotland. Who else is missing from Saturday? Goodwillie in for Miller, Whittaker in for Hutton, Cowie in for Brown - who's Bannan in for?

Adam.

Apparently Hutton is injured but I think it could be lack of sharpness that is the real reason.

Guest Gladstone
Adam.

Apparently Hutton is injured but I think it could be lack of sharpness that is the real reason.

Fuck aye - can't believe I missed that he is missing. The saviour of Scottish football that he is.

He was fairly shite on Saturday.