aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Wolves interested in Gary Hooper. That would be a blessing for all other teams in the SPL.

Where is the Michael Paton is leaving on a free coming from?

From here:

Press and Journal - Article - Paton gets offer of free transfer, while Shaughnessy and Low on loan to Forfar

Don't know why anyone should care if he's leaving. Another incredibly mediocre Dons youngster who has been given more 1st appearances than his talents deserve. Tough on the kid, but he ain't good enough. Mind you, same could be said of plenty others at 'todders.

I think we can get into the top six with the existing squad. A good run of form in the post international break :up:

As do I.

Preferably we'd get a creative forward (be that a striker or a winger) in, but if we've to make do with what we've got I'm fairly confident we'll challenge for top six (certainly won't be 'going down').

:up:

I think we can get into the top six with the existing squad. A good run of form in the post international break :up:

Hopefully the players will be getting put through their paces during the international break as some of them look woefully unfit. Clark and Mawene in particular seem to be struggling.

The lack of depth in the squad is pretty grim, a few injuries and we are in the shit.

Arnason and Osbourne look the part though.

Hibs next weekend is a biggie!

Did he not have a great game against Rangers once?

I remember him scoring against Rangers at Ibrox, think it was in the game when Kyle Lafferty got Charlie Mulgrew sent off with his play acting. But I definitely remember him playing a stormer against someone at Pittodrie, he was playing just off the frontman and absolutely bossed the pitch. Cannot remember who it was though, and it was a few seasons ago, possibly back in JC's day.

No great loss with Paton, showed glimpses of skill, I remember him having one stormer of a game at Pittodrie a few seasons ago (can't remember who against) but ultimately, not good enough.

I remember one of the last games of last season against ICT he was clean through on goal, tried to hit it across the keeper with the outside of his right and accidentally toe-poked it in the opposite direction. It was terrible.

Appreciate what Johnny Mac said regarding injuries and not having a big squad. To counter this I'll use cliche 456 - we have Yoann Folly back from injury who hardly featured last season so really it is like a new signing.

Sneijder had signed a 5 year deal with Inter, but that was last year, so it doesn't change much, apart from that he was never going to be cheap, and Inter don't have to sell. He clearly isn't motivated by a move though, so it was probably never going to happen. If he wanted to go to United, he would have done.

It's been a dull deadline day so far. Where;s the mad dollar?

Hearts fan cleared of assaulting Lennon.

BBC News - Fan cleared of Lennon attack after not proven verdict

Totally baffling decision. They even removed the religious element of the charge leaving it simply assault or not and they still did not convict him.

Must have been a few Heart/Rangers fans in that jury.

They will still charge him with breach of the peace, however they cannot prove beyond doubt he actually assulted or racially abuse Lennon.

Now into the business end of deadline day. I miss Sky Sports News and their over eager reporters consistently creaming themselves over very little indeed and desperately trying to fill time. Have to make do with either five live or talksport, probably the latter as I like a bit of gutter radio on days like this.