aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Got to disagree with claims that Berra was excellent on Saturday. He was just better than Caldwell.

They're both a fucking disaster waiting to happen. Unfortunately it seems they are all we have. Can't wait until Hanley and Wilson are experienced enough.

I don't think Berra is an outstanding player or anything, but I thought some of his defending was decent enough against the Czechs. Most of the good tackles he put in were as cover for Caldwell being bad at sport too. No-one can look good when they play next to Gary Caldwell.

I only caught the second half tonight as I was out. Pretty standard Scotland performance really (i.e. shitty). I honestly thought they would score in the last 5 or so minutes, but we won, so all is ok. Bannan is better than Pele and Naismith isn't very good at football. That's pretty much all I have to say.

That was much harder work than it should have been. Lithuania are terrible and I'm now less confident of any upset against the Czechs. I thought our midfield did well for the majority but fuck me, it was far from confident. We should beat Liechtenstein but Czechs should piss on Lithuania and Spain would beat us 2-0 even if it was 8 against 11. The fat lady is warming up her vocal chords.

It was Welsh fans fighting amongst themselves according to this BBC report.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-14815693

Mind you it doesn't use the word fighting and says the supporters are 'thought' to be Welsh fans.

As for the match, England were lacklustre and Wales really should have got something out the game.

Just watched the highlights as i was working and didn't get to see the game. Geez Lithuania looked absolutely dreadful, only one header on the whole 7 minute highlight reel. How did Goodwillie play?

He did well. Worked hard, made some good runs and showed some skill with the ball at his feet. He's not the type of player who should be playing upfront on his own I don't think. Should have called in Lee Miller to the squad and put him on in the last ten to hold it up and win free kicks by backing into defenders. Bannan was MotM by a mile.

He did well. Worked hard, made some good runs and showed some skill with the ball at his feet. He's not the type of player who should be playing upfront on his own I don't think. Should have called in Lee Miller to the squad and put him on in the last ten to hold it up and win free kicks by backing into defenders. Bannan was MotM by a mile.

Agreed I was saying this before the game as well he works best off the ball making runs for the other striker to play to him. We should really try more of a 4-4-2 against teams like Lithuania/Lichtenstein. They are not that good in the midfield we could easily play a 4-4-2 and look a bit more attacking.

Steven Naismith said in an interview that Scotland hoped they could - at least - get into the playoffs. At most they still have sights of topping the group...

Aim for the stars and maybe you'll reach the sky....

Although it's been a disappointing international break I'm not really looking forward to returning to the hum drum of the SPL. I feel like I've had an exciting holiday romance and am now returning home to a girlfriend I don't really love.

Much better performance last night (until the last 10 mins anyway), passing was much better but I fear that if Levein persists with one up front for the next two games then we won't create as many chances. This is what I hate about Scotland - it's the element of hope being dragged out until the last minute before the house crashes in.....

Guest Gladstone
He didn't wipe the tax bill though that is alleged to be massive.

Where is this rumour then? I did a (very quick) googlysearch and couldn't see anything relevant to Rangers threatened with administration that wasn't from 2009.