aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Guest Gladstone
Aye, undoubtedly good by SPL standards, so I shouldn't really disagree with what you said. I do think he's highly over-rated though and is given too much respect as a player.

He's been the difference for Rangers in loads of games over the past couple of seasons.

Still a cunt.

Aye, undoubtedly good by SPL standards, so I shouldn't really disagree with what you said. I do think he's highly over-rated though and is given too much respect as a player.

He could have been a top player, sadly he stayed in scotland and signed for Rangers, now he is nothing more than a hard working, very little end product kind of player, fits in perfect at Rangers and Scotland i guess!

Not sure if anybody around here is interested in Italian football but I've started a Serie A blog here: http://aroundthepeninsula.wordpress.com

A shameless shill, I know, but I figured I'd throw it out there. I'm taking a different club each week and trying to learn a bit more about them through researching history and analysing games. You'll probably think this is rubbish, but sod it.

Boss blog. Will keep an eye on it. Big fan of Serie A. I was an avid Football Italia watcher when I was a kid. Used to get the magazine every month too. Definitely fallen out of touch with it in the past 2 or 3 years though, so it will good to keep up to date. It really doesn't get enough media coverage in the UK anymore. Probably because of all the fascism and scandals. Who doesn't love fascism and match fixing?

Much prefer it to La Liga. Madrid and Barca are unquestionably out-of-this-world sides, but the league as a competition is pretty dull. It's all about Serie A and the Bundesliga these days.

Serie a does seem to be making a bit of a comeback into fashionable circles. Napoli and Udinese doing well and playing good footy last year helped a lot i think. It fell out of favour when la liga was awesome in the early 2000's when in addition to the big two sides like Valencia and Deportivo were right at the top and doign well in europe. It's not surprising that now the level of competition has decreased attention will drift away to other leagues again.

The saturday morning gazzetta round up show is still the best footie show I've ever watched. No better way to start the weekend.

My favourite football show used to be Football Mundial, though I haven't seen it for a few years. The last one I remember watching was an interview with Salomon Kalou (nicest guy in football, bar none) where he just talked about tropical fish and how his brothers are better than him at football. Lasted 15 minutes. 15 minutes of Kalou being an all-round disgustingly nice guy. Brill.

Not sure if anybody around here is interested in Italian football but I've started a Serie A blog here: http://aroundthepeninsula.wordpress.com

A shameless shill, I know, but I figured I'd throw it out there. I'm taking a different club each week and trying to learn a bit more about them through researching history and analysing games. You'll probably think this is rubbish, but sod it.

If you haven't already done so you should read a book called Forza Italia. An Irish journalist wrote it about his move to Italy to report on football and it's got some excellent stories about the Serie A.

My favourite football show used to be Football Mundial, though I haven't seen it for a few years. The last one I remember watching was an interview with Salomon Kalou (nicest guy in football, bar none) where he just talked about tropical fish and how his brothers are better than him at football. Lasted 15 minutes. 15 minutes of Kalou being an all-round disgustingly nice guy. Brill.

but what kind of dessert did the presenter eat?

When football italia was on there was the live game on a sunday and a round up of the previous week on a saturday morning. One part of that was always James reviewing the weeks papers while he was sat at a cafe in a plaza in rome or milan etc. He always had some kind of giant kind of ice cream sundae in front of him. One of the main footie papers in italy, gazzetta dello sport, is pink. This seemed amazing ot me as a child.

He keeps the spirit alive now with a european paper review which goes up on the guardian site most fridays. However it's not in some fancy italian cafe but a studio at the guardian offices and he has cake not ice cream

When football italia was on there was the live game on a sunday and a round up of the previous week on a saturday morning. One part of that was always James reviewing the weeks papers while he was sat at a cafe in a plaza in rome or milan etc. He always had some kind of giant kind of ice cream sundae in front of him. One of the main footie papers in italy, gazzetta dello sport, is pink. This seemed amazing ot me as a child.

He keeps the spirit alive now with a european paper review which goes up on the guardian site most fridays. However it's not in some fancy italian cafe but a studio at the guardian offices and he has cake not ice cream

I don't remember that, or ever watching any of the analysis when I was young. Just the games. I feel like I've missed out.

I don't remember that, or ever watching any of the analysis when I was young. Just the games. I feel like I've missed out.

Man, you missed out. Best part of the show. I used to think that was what Italy was all about : eating ice cream in a cafe terrace and reading weird coloured papers that slated footballers. When everyone was getting into byker grove and grange hill, James Richardson made me feel good about being middle class with his smug weekly roundups. Continental.

Joe Cole looks like he's enjoying himself at LOSC. Really interested to see how he gets on. He'll be the star in midfield and with Hasard up front he's got a world class player to feed. This move might be exactly what he needs to re-discover that adolescent promise that's disapeared over the years. I still rate him as a top player.

http://www.losc.fr/losc-tv/videos/asse-losc-1-3

skip to about 1min 30 to see him singing to his team mates, then to bout 4 mins to see the match and 3 great goals. Hasard is fucking awesome.