aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

The miss was bad, but the second half was pretty incredible. Awful defending and wastefulness upfront from both teams. Cole should have been off for being a dangerous little cunt. Good to see Hernandez being able to walk away, just about, despite being smashed into by a two footed lunge off the ground. Horrid. Cole later clattered into his own post. Karma should have smashed his kneecaps. Prick.

Chelsea are in desperate need of an in-form striker. They just seem to have a heap of players who can create, but no one who can score goals on a regular basis. I'd like to see Sturridge be played more centrally. Hopefully he won't be wasted as a makeshift winger like Theo Walcott

Yeah, looks like he's just coming back from a bruised ego, AM I RIGHT, GUYS?!

I thought Aberdeen were pretty good at the weekend. Osbourne was outstanding, but that keeper Brown was fucking awful. He's overweight. Aye, not as in, he's stocky or anything, he just looks unfit and out of shape. To be fair, you must need quite a lot of footballing intelligence to anticipate where a shot is going to be three minutes into the future, seeing as that's the only way he's going to reach one in time.

Man United's miss a few minutes later was almost as bad. Rooney just needed to cut it back and it's a tap in to an empty net for Berbatov but he totally overcooked the cutback, Berba had to stretch for it and couldn't hit it cleanly. Brilliant game yesterday. Arsenal Blackburn on Saturday was a corker as well. Goals were raining in. End to end stuff.

Guest Gladstone

Didn't see any footy at the weekend. Glad I missed the old firm game...

According to BBC Sport - Cole's tackle on Hernandez may not have been a penalty due to the ball going out of play before the tackle. Hence the yellow card for the dangerous tackle, but the ball having already gone out for a goal kick, he couldn't give a penalty. Same as an off the ball incident I suppose. If he'd punched him in the face, with the ball just gone out, he'd have received a red card, but United wouldn't have received a penalty.

Guest Gladstone
I think the ball was still in play when he made contact. I think...

Na, don't think so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znWT_K-EQj0

Saying that though - the ball must be just out of play, and the tackle is about a millisecond after the ball leaves his foot - like most late tackles. Still quite surprising that a penalty isn't given.

Speaking to a former Grade 1 ref at work and he says it should have been a penalty and a red card. The ball may have been out of play when the contact occurred but it wasn't when Cole launched himself at Hernandez.

Should have also been a red card for Man Utd's penalty. If the Utd player hadn't been brought down he was clean through on the keeper, so surely it was denying a goal scoring opportunity?

Yeah, looks like he's just coming back from a bruised ego, AM I RIGHT, GUYS?!

I thought Aberdeen were pretty good at the weekend. Osbourne was outstanding, but that keeper Brown was fucking awful. He's overweight. Aye, not as in, he's stocky or anything, he just looks unfit and out of shape. To be fair, you must need quite a lot of footballing intelligence to anticipate where a shot is going to be three minutes into the future, seeing as that's the only way he's going to reach one in time.

Agree that Brown doesn't look very impressive. He did fine when called on against Dundee in the cup but on Saturday he was totally static, standing on his line for both goals. Looking at the highlights again today they were both terrible goals to lose although Killie could say the same about ours. I fancy that we'll cuff East Fife tomorrow. I'm heading down for goals galore. Fallon and Chalali to open their accounts.

Agree that Brown doesn't look very impressive. He did fine when called on against Dundee in the cup but on Saturday he was totally static, standing on his line for both goals. Looking at the highlights again today they were both terrible goals to lose although Killie could say the same about ours. I fancy that we'll cuff East Fife tomorrow. I'm heading down for goals galore. Fallon and Chalali to open their accounts.

Was Gonzales injured on Saturday?

I'm loving the irony in today's EE where Mawene is calling his teammates idiots for making such a poor start to the season. Pots...kettles....