aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Guest Gladstone

Celtic signed a striker and a left back - left back on 6 month loan. Haven't heard of either before to be honest, but I hope they're good. Hooper still there is a bonus too.

That's about as sensible as they've been in a transfer window for fucking ages. They normally just sign 18 central midfielders.

We really could have been doing with another centre back though - Mastjorovic has looked affa shakey so far this season.

Allegedly, Rangers turned down 9 million squids for Jelly-fish. Incredible.

EDIT: Profound thought - signing a left back means Mulgrew can go back to centre back where he was far better last season. Lennon kens fit he's deein.

With unattached transfers still being allowed, aberdeen may still get involved. That's the sort of standard we are targeting anyway.

With paton out on loan we're still pretty thin in the event of injuries/suspensions.

In terms of strikers, we've got Vernon, Chalalalalali, Magennis, Megginson and Mackie. Paton isn't better than any of them, and we have enough numbers for him not to be missed.

We're putting a lot of faith in Chalali and Vernon though. The rest of the strikers will be lucky if they score 10 between them.

Guest Gladstone
Mulgers won't play centre half if everyone's fit. He won't play at all if everyone's fit.

Don't know like. The big Swede has looked like a total liability at centre half so far this season. Mulgrew was a REVELATION in there last season.

We still could, tbf, as he's on a free.

As of yesterday, I know that we have not spoken to him though.

Yeah I just realised that. The story's probably bollocks but it would be nice. Give him a 1 year contract to put himself in the shop window for another championship or lower premiership club

Guest Gladstone

Fuck - McFadden would be an excellent signing for the Dons. Can't see it happening though - he'll be able to get more money from any Championship club (probably - I have nothing to back that up) and someone will surely sign him.

Guest Gladstone

I'd love to see McFadden back in the SPL - he'd be an exciting addition to the league. Players that can do something out of the ordinary in our league are few and far between.

I think he's missed the "opportunity" to play for either of the old firm now to be honest - I doubt either team would ever be interested in him now. He was before Craig Brown's time in charge of Scotland wasn't he? It was Berti that called him up I think? That could have been an "in" for the Dons.

Shame it won't happen - he might come and play for a "lower" SPL side when he's completely passed it and his legs have gone - a bit like Jackie Mac for the Dons...

Guest Gladstone
I'm extremely surprised Celtic haven't made a move for him. He's a Celtic fan is he not? Can't see him playing for Rangers.

I'm not surprised at all. I can't see him adding much to the Celtic team to be honest. He would be ace if he played every Celtic game as if it was a Scotland game but his club form has never been that good. He'd probably be no more than a squad player for Celtic and we already have the likes of McCourt, Forrest and Commons who would be at least as good as McFadden (especially on a consistency basis). Maloney was barely getting a game and I've always rated Maloney higher than McFadden. I wish we hadn't sold Maloney to be honest.

Saying that - he's a free agent and maybe worth a punt - his wage demands would likely be fairly high, being used to Premiership wages over the past few years.

Jesus fucking Christ. I just read that Shamrock Rovers made it into the group stages of the Europa League. Celtic and Rangers really are shite.

They beat Partizan Belgrade as well, that's a proper team right there. They get to play Spurs in the group stage which means their new signing Rohan Ricketts gets to face off against his former team. Great achievement (for Shamrock Rovers, less so for Rohan Ricketts).

Guest Gladstone
They beat Partizan Belgrade as well, that's a proper team right there. They get to play Spurs in the group stage which means their new signing Rohan Ricketts gets to face off against his former team. Great achievement (for Shamrock Rovers, less so for Rohan Ricketts).

Fuck me. Shamrock Rovers defeated Partizan Belgrade in European Competition?

It's like a Sensible Soccer dream come true.

Jesus fucking Christ. I just read that Shamrock Rovers made it into the group stages of the Europa League. Celtic and Rangers really are shite.

Was it not Peter Lawell (sp?) who recently said he didnt want to move to summer football because our league would end up a joke league like Irish football......or words to that effect anyway.