aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

January deadline day was good. Torres. Suarez. Carroll.

Berbatov and Robinho day was good. The Chelsea website had already put Robinho shirts up for sale. Robinho thought he was signing for United, which he later denied. Berbatov spotted at Carrington, but both Manchester clubs train at Carrington. Then there was that ropey camera phone footage of him at Old Trafford submitted to Sky Sports News.

That's what should happen every deadline day. Every player should cost 3 times more than usual, and if every team doesn't buy at least one player, they should be banned from every competition for the remainder of the season. That'll teach you to not get involved! GET INVOLVED.

I'll be surprised if Modric stays. He's clearly not loving it at Spurs anymore. I hope he doesn't get sold and Harry benches him all season long. They've got Parker anyway. That's more goals and assists already.

Arsenal kids are ace. I've been reading Theo Walcott's book. Yeah, he's got a book. Man, it's just fucking great. Pretty sure he got no help writing it, and you can tell. Someone may have separated it into paragraphs, but that's probably about it.

Get your hands on it if you can, but don't pay the RRP of 18. Yikes.

Ooft, last minute Mereiles deal is through 12million, 4 year deal. Good buy for Chelski I say.

Apparantly Arteta deal got done in time as well.

Crouch at Stoke might be a Fantasy Football must have! With Delap launching all those balls in the box.

Anything that doesn't involve Crouch putting in any effort will work. Such a work-shy waste of space.

Anything that doesn't involve Crouch putting in any effort will work. Such a work-shy waste of space.

Agreed. Finished in the Premier League, I reckon. Awful scoring record over the past few seasons and only really effective in Europe when he's playing against teams that haven't figured out how to neutralise him.

Shitty deadline day. We didn't get a striker which is unacceptable, really. 7 months to replace Carroll and we're left to make do with Shola, Best and Ba...

I don't hate Crouch he gets a lot of stick for his lack of headed goals as well but his headed goals per game is in the top 10 of all time in the EPL.

His record for England as well is not to be sniffed at. Decent player, will do well at Stoke. So will Palacios.

Agreed. Finished in the Premier League, I reckon. Awful scoring record over the past few seasons and only really effective in Europe when he's playing against teams that haven't figured out how to neutralise him.

Shitty deadline day. We didn't get a striker which is unacceptable, really. 7 months to replace Carroll and we're left to make do with Shola, Best and Ba...

It's obviously not enough strikers, but Ba is ace. Glad he stayed in the Premier League instead of going abroad after West Ham got relegated.

I think Tottenham are screwed too. Their options up front comprise of some of the most lazy or inconsistent players in the PL. Would you rely on Defoe, Pavyluchenko, Adebayor and Dos Santos (is he still alive? I can't even remember last time I saw him in a Tottenham shirt!) to get goals? They like to play Van Der Vaart as a second striker but he is either injured or suspended for half the season

and the pairing with Defoe does not work. Crouch suited Van Der Vaart perfectly.

The youth striker they started against Hearts in the 2nd leg wasn't bad but certainly not PL quality yet