aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

United defended poorly too. Arsenal could have easily been 4-3 up before the rout properly started. Arshavin is absolutely awful. Get rid.

The worst thing about Arshavin is he never look like he is even trying or gives a fuck. Get rid indeed these 3 days coming have to be the busiest transfer wise of Wengers tenure. He has to bring in at least 3 players.

Djorou is awful as well. Totally useless.

Arshavin has stacks of ability, but he consistently makes the wrong and most selfish decisions. Everytime he got the ball, you could tell he was looking to shoot before playing it to a team mate. Considering Arsenal's passing philosophy, he is not the right player to fit into that, and he has never really convinced since his arrival, in my opinion - apart from those 4 goals against Liverpool.

Jenkinson looked well out his depth. Falling over as he was about to cross, making 3 or 4 horrid first touches, as well as nearly getting sent off 2 or 3 times before he eventually got sent off.

Oxlade Chamberlain looks FAST with a bit of muscle too. No end product yet, but time is on his side.

Arsenal might be set for the future, but are fucked right now.

An Arsenal fan just registered on one of the United boards to say that Fergie should be ashamed of himself because he allowed his side to continue scoring. He claimed he should have left it at a more acceptable 5-2, and 8-2 is mentally scarring on Arsenal's young players, and will stunt their development and ruin THE FUTURE OF FOOTBALL. He also said it wasn't fair on Arsenal's travelling fans, and this sort of result will stop fans from going to football matches. Football is now completely ruined, thanks to Ferguson.

I would have pasted it, but it got deleted after a rampage of considerably justified abuse kicked off towards him. Completely unhinged opinion.

I made a last minute decision to skip the Man U v Arsenal match and instead settled down to watch last night's Match Of The Day. What a fucking stupid decision. 10 goals at Old Trafford and I'm watching "highlights" of a 0-0 between Sunderland and Swansea City.

From the highlights Man U looked absolutely devestating, scored some fantastic goals as well. They started with 6 Englishmen on the pitch as well. Good to see so many English / British players getting a chance at the bigger clubs this season, Wellbeck, Jones, Young etc at Man U, Henderson, Downing and Adam at Liverpool.

I made a last minute decision to skip the Man U v Arsenal match and instead settled down to watch last night's Match Of The Day. What a fucking stupid decision. 10 goals at Old Trafford and I'm watching "highlights" of a 0-0 between Sunderland and Swansea City.

From the highlights Man U looked absolutely devestating, scored some fantastic goals as well. They started with 6 Englishmen on the pitch as well. Good to see so many English / British players getting a chance at the bigger clubs this season, Wellbeck, Jones, Young etc at Man U, Henderson, Downing and Adam at Liverpool.

Downing used to play for a big club.

Then he joined Liverpool.

Oh_Snap.jpg

I felt sorry for the young guy that got sent off, well out of his depth, but then what do you expect when last season he only just got a game for a league 1 team and even then he was only getting around the 1st team after xmas.

Strange game tho, man u were sloppy and if Arsenal took their chances it could have been very different. Ashley Young looks the real deal tho, he looks like he is loving playing for United.

Things are starting to sound very bleak for Everton....

Moyes not ruling out sales | Everton News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Everton manager David Moyes has not ruled out player sales before the transfer window closes due to their financial position.

The Toffees are currently unable to bring any fresh faces to Goodison Park as the Merseysiders have reached their overdraft limit.

Even if the club did sell some of their better players to raise funds then that cash would only go to paying off bank debts.

This makes me picture David Moyes standing at a cash machine trying to withdraw a tenner and getting an "insufficient funds" message. Seriously though, sounds like a sinking ship and Moyes has had them over-performing for years. I doubt he'll have the patience to stick around much longer, especially if they are forced to sell Arteta and Jagielka, could see him jumping the next time a Premiership job comes up.

Quite a weekend in footy. The same conversations regarding admission prices have been doing the rounds on the Cambridge United message board these past couple of days since we only got just over 1700 for our league match against Hayes & Yeading Saturday which is well below the normal average attendance. I guess the bank holiday weekend didn't help but even taking that into consideration that is a pathetically low attendance.

Same old arguments surfaced as well... primarily too expensive and the rubbish football on offer. TV especially Sky have a lot to answer for I think. Way too many games on TV these days and the bottom line is people would rather pay a subscription and put their feet up these days instead of trekking out to watch the crap on offer at many live games. No idea what the answer is, some success on the pitch would help I guess!

Guest Gladstone
Quite a weekend in footy. The same conversations regarding admission prices have been doing the rounds on the Cambridge United message board these past couple of days since we only got just over 1700 for our league match against Hayes & Yeading Saturday which is well below the normal average attendance. I guess the bank holiday weekend didn't help but even taking that into consideration that is a pathetically low attendance.

Same old arguments surfaced as well... primarily too expensive and the rubbish football on offer. TV especially Sky have a lot to answer for I think. Way too many games on TV these days and the bottom line is people would rather pay a subscription and put their feet up these days instead of trekking out to watch the crap on offer at many live games. No idea what the answer is, some success on the pitch would help I guess!

This will NEVER happen, but a massive re-think of live football on TV is probably the only thing that would solve the problem.

Limiting the live football on TV to one per week for the EPL (and putting it on a Sunday so it doesn't affect Saturday football viewing figures too much) and 1 per week for other leagues as well, but having them on at the same time as an option - so you can choose to watch EPL, SPL or Championship (or whatever) - i.e. you can only watch one match on the telly on a Sunday afternoon at 3pm and that's it.

Of course this would never happen because it would mean far less people would be willing to pay ridiculous amounts for Sky TV and subscriptions would fall by the way side, meaning Sky would have to reduce the cost of the sports package significantly or start pumping their money at a different sport, and the EPL (and other leagues that get a hooring amount of money from Sky) would have their payments from Sky completely obliterated and the league would collapse in on itself and football would no longer be dictated by fucking TV rights.

We all know that this will never happen because the powers that be would never let it happen, but destroying the money-infested "big" leagues is probably the only way to save the small leagues (similar arguments to that of the old firm ruining Scottish football with all their money and the gap being so big etc etc).

The SPL is falling way behind other leagues because they keep trying to be the EPL instead of focussing on long term solutions (i.e. things like youth development at grass roots etc). We also shouldn't blame the EPL for ruining our league (although it does sound like that's exactly what I'm doing above!) because if the SPL got offered 40m per club per year to have it's games shown on Sky, there's no fucking way we wouldn't take it. But, do you reckon that if that miraculously happened and the SPL got inundated with quality football players that the stadiums would start to fill up? I seriously doubt it to be honest - I think it would just mean more people would watch the SPL matches on Sky. The attendances probably would increase to a certain degree, but then the clubs would start increasing their ticket prices closer in line with the EPL.

Fuck knows what I just typed.

Fuck that. I've got no problem with fuckloads of football being on TV. Infact, I think it's ace. I watch loads of games as a complete neutral, purely because it's football, and football is ace, isn't it? Limiting doesn't really benefit anyone. If you're a United fan who doesn't have a season ticket, unless you know someone who is trying to get rid of a pair of tickets, you have to be put on a waiting list, and it's simply pot luck if you get picked, and it's usually against the lesser sides. No chance of getting to a big game. I also live 300 miles away, and I'm probably not the only football fan who lives a substantial distance from the ground of the team they follow.

It seems impossible to get to any Chelsea game since they have a massive support but such a tiny ground. Football is for way, way more people than just those who live close enough to the ground and are rich enough to be able to afford to go every week. So put it on the telly, for the civillians in their living rooms or local pubs.

Premier League coverage in other countries is amazing, usually by the red button, or whatever, and you can pick any game you want, every weekend. Mint!

TV isn't to blame. It's ticket prices, caused by massive, massive wages, caused by greedy mercenaries and shitbag agents. I can't blame the fans of midtable PL/Championship sides who don't want to pay 30 to watch 11 couldn't-give-a-fuck tossers jog around for a couple of hours at their expense.

Having the opportunity to watch Blackburn vs Stoke on a Wednesday night with absolutely no vested emotional interest or attachment whatsoever is well good. Football! Loads of it! YEAH!

Fuck that. I've got no problem with fuckloads of football being on TV. Infact, I think it's ace. I watch loads of games as a complete neutral, purely because it's football, and football is ace, isn't it? Limiting doesn't really benefit anyone. If you're a United fan who doesn't have a season ticket, unless you know someone who is trying to get rid of a pair of tickets, you have to be put on a waiting list, and it's simply pot luck if you get picked, and it's usually against the lesser sides. No chance of getting to a big game. I also live 300 miles away, and I'm probably not the only football fan who lives a substantial distance from the ground of the team they follow.

It seems impossible to get to any Chelsea game since they have a massive support but such a tiny ground. Football is for way, way more people than just those who live close enough to the ground and are rich enough to be able to afford to go every week. So put it on the telly, for the civillians in their living rooms or local pubs.

Premier League coverage in other countries is amazing, usually by the red button, or whatever, and you can pick any game you want, every weekend. Mint!

TV isn't to blame. It's ticket prices, caused by massive, massive wages, caused by greedy mercenaries and shitbag agents. I can't blame the fans of midtable PL/Championship sides who don't want to pay 30 to watch 11 couldn't-give-a-fuck tossers jog around for a couple of hours at their expense.

Having the opportunity to watch Blackburn vs Stoke on a Wednesday night with absolutely no vested emotional interest or attachment whatsoever is well good. Football! Loads of it! YEAH!

I'd have to agree. If I had a local team, lower division or otherwise, I'd go along as much as possible. I'd then come back home and watch another game on TV then MOTD later on, then watch all the sunday games the next day. You should get what you pay for when it comes to stadiums. Fuck paying more than a tenner for any SPL game. Show me my team is worth more than that, then charge me more. Football shouldn't be exempt from the price vs quality model just because it's built on passion and loyalty.

Madrid won 6-0, Barca won 5-0. Business as usual isn't it? :down:

EDIT: I did enjoy watching Barca though, who wouldn't.

Barca won 5-0 against one of the teams who were close to them last year and gave them a very tough game in this fixture last year. Madrid look even better this year and Barca have clearly strengthened. The gap between 2nd and 3rd could be bigger than ever. Loads of good teams in la liga, it's just the top too are far too good really.