aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Guest Gladstone

I haven't thought this through at all so I'm sure it's flawed in about a million different ways...

How about introducing a rule in Scottish League Football (including SPL - I know they're ruled by different bodies etc. but let's ignore that for now...) where you can only include something like 4 players in your match day squad over the age of 23?

So, all teams have to focus on youth, and the best (/cheapest) way of getting good young players is by bringing them through good youth systems. Developing talented Scottish players for a change. It may also help the Scottish leagues be a bit more entertaining because it would be full of mental kids who don't care about anything but scoring goals.

That would obviously mean a lot of players having to move onto other leagues once they reach 23 but that would mean potentially moving onto leagues in England and gaining some valuable experience in other leagues and hopefully improving their game and if good enough getting them the chance to play in better leagues (like the EPL for example), which should be good for the national team.

I'm sure it's a fucking stupid idea, but it might help with this ridiculous defecit between what's available to SPL teams in terms of money to buy / pay players from other leagues, encourage them to develop youth and at the same time make it easy to move players on. One massive flaw that just occured to me is that clubs could be held to ransom when a good player is approacing 23. Loads of players could be available on bosmans. What's the rule about compensation for players that have came through your youth ranks? Does it only apply when they are below a certain age? 21 or something? Loads of players would probably get moved on earlier if that's the case.

Like I said - stupid idea I'm sure!

What's the rule about compensation for players that have came through your youth ranks? Does it only apply when they are below a certain age? 21 or something? Loads of players would probably get moved on earlier if that's the case.

Training compensation is paid to the 'training club' for each transfer, up until the season where a player turns 23.

The actual cash depends on what 'category' of club they are moving from and to and how long they have spent at each 'training club' from the age of 12 to 21 (the 'training period').

Also worth noting that if a player, at any age, transfers during the course of a contract (i.e. for a transfer fee), a 'solidarity payment' of 5% of the fee is paid pro rata to the clubs that trained the player from age 12 to 23.

How about introducing a rule in Scottish League Football (including SPL - I know they're ruled by different bodies etc. but let's ignore that for now...) where you can only include something like 4 players in your match day squad over the age of 23?

The SPL already stipulates that clubs include 3 players under 21 in the matchday squad. Unfortunately some of the managers already openly slate this regulation so it's unlikely to be expanded.

its a terrible rule, so pointless, all that happens is players who are not ready are put into the 1st team squad to make up the numbers. IMO its a half assed idea rushed through by the old SFA regime to make it seem like they were making an effort to improve out game. Clearly it has really improved the quality of our league and players...

Hargreaves to City??

City in shock Hargreaves link | Manchester United News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

You have to laugh at the Man U fans comment,

"As a Manchester United supporter this would be very hard to swallow if true as we stood by Hargreaves through thick and thin. "

If i'm not mistaken United dropped him on a free, why shouldnt he sign for City?

Bet City are gonna sign Hargreaves out of spite towards Man U! They probably need someone to slice the half time oranges once the likes of Wright-Phillips and Bellamy have been shipped out and what with Santa Cruz out on loan.

Having not read the previous couple of pages I thought that 'Bet City' were some obscure conference team I'd never heard of when I started reading the above post.

If rumour is true, he also offered to pay for free for a season at United to prove his fitness.

United fans can have no gripe with this.

It is true. Hargreaves came out and said it himself on Radio Five t'other day. United let him go at a strange time. He finally seems to be over his knee-problems; the treatment for which United have been funding for for the past 3 years. He was unlucky with hamstring and shoulder injuries last season, but his knees are allegedly no longer a problem. United kept him when there was no light at the end of the tunnel, and let him go when there was. Odd decision.

Fantastic player regardless. Deserves to be fit and playing for a top side. I think United were daft to let him go and still be stubborn when it comes to buying a central midfielder. I don't know how a player can prove his loyalty to a club any more than offering to play for free. Maybe United know something we don't. Perhaps sitting out for 3 years has had more of an effect on just his knees. Who knows. It's a shame he may be playing at Wastelands, but United can't complain, as the offer was there from him.

Hope he barges his way back into the England squad too. Anything is better than boring, bollockless Gaz Baz.

They can't sell Jelavic though. Have you heard a Rangers fan ever speak about Jelavic? If The Ballon D'or was voted for just by Rangers fans, Jelavic would get it. From their ridiculous praise, it sounds like Jelavic makes Messi look like Darius Vassell. If what I've read is true, Jelavic is the best player on the planet, past and present. It would take the past part of 90million to prise him away. Probably.

He's alright, but he's no Demba Ba.

Does anyone else use myp2p.eu and is pissed that it's been down for the past week?

Links to any similar sites would be much appreciated.

If you use Sopcast then it stores all the channels you have previously visited and you generally find they all show similar matches so try going through the list of channels to see if one is showing the match you want (just click the arrow at the end of the bar where you enter addresses and scroll through them). Don't know another good site though sorry, My p2p was the best I found.

If you use Sopcast then it stores all the channels you have previously visited and you generally find they all show similar matches so try going through the list of channels to see if one is showing the match you want (just click the arrow at the end of the bar where you enter addresses and scroll through them). Don't know another good site though sorry, My p2p was the best I found.

Yeah I've done that couple of times. For the big footie matches it should be fine but if I fancy checking out any other sports it's annoying.

I'd genuinely forgotten that this isn't legal. I've been a sopcast user for too long.

So many of the games I watch on Sopcast are streaming Fox Soccer coverage.

It really is great. The commentary and analysis isn't shite either. It's a mixture between English ex-players who know their stuff, American stat-lovers who chip in with percentages and ratios and non-twattish American presenters who don't pretend they know anything and instead are just enthusiastic about the game.