aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Not throwing an I phone in the bin and anyway just stop being arseholes it's only spelling mistakes

Spelling mistakes that are really, really, really annoying to constantly look at. Surely you can tell by the amount of times people comment on it that it's pissing people off. Take a few seconds to check your spelling, do a little bit more to ingratiate yourself with the people who use the forum and you might find you don't get such a hard time. The forum isn't going to adapt to you so maybe you should try and adapt to the forum.

YoungA it may not matter to you what people on a message board think about you based on spelling mistakes and poor grammar. However I'm sure there are many other situations (e,g your exams, future work environments etc) where you wouldn't want the same to happen. Your explanations for making these mistakes often reveal that they are not just a result of a concentration lapse or auto-correct or anything else other than your own poor grasp of the language. I don't mean to have a go but you should take all the comments you get about this as a sign that it is something you should try to improve at. Not caring is only going to be harmful to you.

• Upvote 2

Who would you recommend as a GP near the city centre?

I'm pretty reluctant to leave my current practice as they're pretty on the ball (I have epilepsy as well as an underactive thryoid, and other medical concerns that go with being on long-term medication). 

Issues I've had before:

One pratt of a doctor tried to tell me I was having panic attacks instead of seizures - yeah, because people having panic attacks get phantom smells and can't talk during an episode... and another tried to tell me that even though my bloods were borderline for my thyroid test, I'd be fine.  Turns out my immune system has been attacking my thryoid so it has had to work harder than normal, so I most definitely needed medication blah blah blah blah.

I've heard good things about the practice near Bedford Road, and it's near work.  The Old Machar practice on King St isn't the best, so won't be going back there again.

I'm pretty reluctant to leave my current practice as they're pretty on the ball (I have epilepsy as well as an underactive thryoid, and other medical concerns that go with being on long-term medication). 

Issues I've had before:

One pratt of a doctor tried to tell me I was having panic attacks instead of seizures - yeah, because people having panic attacks get phantom smells and can't talk during an episode... and another tried to tell me that even though my bloods were borderline for my thyroid test, I'd be fine.  Turns out my immune system has been attacking my thryoid so it has had to work harder than normal, so I most definitely needed medication blah blah blah blah.

I've heard good things about the practice near Bedford Road, and it's near work.  The Old Machar practice on King St isn't the best, so won't be going back there again.

Hamilton Medical on Queens Road are decent enough - impersonal but quick for appointments and the docs i've seen have been ok.

Calsayseat?  Was my doctors for a few years when I lived in town.  Never had any problems and were very helpful.